Tri Star Marketing

Updated Mar 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Long Term Employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Champaign, IL

ProsGreat benefits., but pay was low. They tout bonuses, but they are hard to achieve.

ConsSmall Family company, political at times.

Excellent work situation

ProsFlexibility, creativity, exciting and always interesting

Consno problems and a very good work situation

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

I loved this job.

Bookkeeper (Former Employee)
    Lafayette, IN

ProsStarting pay was awesome compared to other gas stations in the area, the people, the hours, everything... I miss this job

ConsWas passed up 5 times for management position even though I ran the store for 3 months while they "found" someone else.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire me back.... Todd Shelmidine knows who this is.... I promise

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

THIS SUCKS

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Snellville, GA

ProsNothing at all to me.

ConsManager Lie straight to your face

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild a company based on truth

First Time Job....Why Not? Otherwise...no thanks!

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Urbana, IL

ProsFree Fountain Drinks.....which is honestly the only thing that counted as an "Employee Discount." At my former location, we had a certain character that was a homeless man named Joe and he provided a much needed comical break.

ConsDaily dealings with particulars of certain crowds and unnecessary stresses. If you're not accustomed to handling things let's say, "after 5 on a week day" in a rushed manner, then I'd look for something calmer and much more laid back.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't consider your employees to be a bunch of imbeciles. Value their opinions.

Great Company to Work for IF you are Corporate or Management.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Clinton, IL

ProsI had the best co-workers and we had the best team of sales associates at my store. If you like working with the public and fast pace, this is a job for you.

ConsThe rules always changed from day to day, or week to week there was absolutely no rhyme or reason. There are benefits offered but you will never qualify hours are kept under 35 at most.

Advice to Senior ManagementDistrict Managers should meet on a regular basis with the Assistant Managers if not even the Sales Associates at each store without the store manager to see that their managers are really doing the job that appears that they are doing. I can tell you that they probably are not. There is no open door policy, there needs to be one especially when the manager is the issue. I am not a disgruntled employee, I left on very good terms, but there are a lot of issues that need to be addressed in policy. Corporate needs to be a lot closer to the Sales Associates, they are your bread n' butter employees. They are your front lines, up-selling and keeping those repeat customers coming back. With the economy, you have to remember you are also taking care of your front line employees who have mouths to feed...try doing that without any benefits and the pay scale you offer with the hours you offer. If you would like people to stay and truly think of your company as a career...you have to do better and I'm sure you can do better.

Worked for Tri Star Marketing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tri Star Marketing reviews and ratings. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Tri Star Marketing employees.