TriCore Reference Laboratories

www.tricore.org

TriCore Reference Laboratories Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Khosrow Shotorbani

OK Company that is the midst of major growth as well as identity

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsSmall groups. Many employees you work with are dedicated to their jobs and to improving the company as a whole. Current CEO has great ideas and is very approachable and open to ideas and change.

ConsPolitics. Just because a department doesn't want to do something they will push instead of collaborating on a solution. There is a lot of blame and not much discussion of how to fix a problem. Takes an extremely long time to get projects approved and moved forward.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Don't take their expertise, and time for granted. Utilize them effectively.

Model of Corporate Intimidation

Medical Technologist (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsMany capable, helpful and friendly staff members who are truly dedicated to patient care. Staff are very supportive of each other.

ConsDictatorial management. Culture of fear promoted from upper management. Threats of job cuts. Employees with expertise passed over for promotion in favor of sycophants.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the intimidation. Clean house in the Human Capital Management department as they are nothing more than henchmen for the harassment that is the normative behavior of many Tricore directors and managers. Stop the meaningless employee satisfaction surveys and actually listen to employees.

They are always hiring

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsThey are always hiring which makes you wonder why. It might be a good sign or a bad one

ConsNever call back. They shouldn't even post if they are not going to hire the people most qualified for the job. I'm going to school to run a lab. I guess insecurities keep them from hiring me. They rather hire someone who doesn't know anything than someone who is actually going to school to become a scientist.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to call people who interviews who are most qualified. And not purposely overlook people going to school to become a lab tech

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Avoid TriCore at all costs... It is the unsafest, cheapest work environment around.

Unwilling Lab Drone (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsCoffee is free, sort of..

ConsAll decisions by very slow bureaucracy and emotional politics, no work/life balance, incompetent 'leadership', very poor pay and benefits, sexual harassment and discrimination towards men and older people is rampant 'but not officially endorsed', politics and gossip run this sinking ship and while someone laughingly thought TriCore was the 'healthiest place to work', I left with a bleeding stomach ulcer, high bp, brux, stress induced hives, psychological problems.. things I didn't have when I was hired.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are competency tests for employees, but there are no competency tests for managers, directors and executives? Have a competency test for ALL managers, directors and 'senior leadership' and get rid of the dead weight! Daily have everyone take the Hippocratic oat because I left there with more harm done to me than good.

The definition of an Empire

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsGood products. Growing, decent culture.

ConsHR Leadership is very poor

Advice to Senior ManagementToo may "leaders" in HR that cannot agree. Poor attitude, unfriendly, unapproachable and to be frank...bitchy.

Tricore Labs is an excellent place to serve, it's not work.

Lead Clinical Lab Assistant (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsThe opportunity to make a difference. If you are looking for a job, don't bother. If you are looking for a place to serve others, it's great.

ConsNone that I can think of. Lazy people that are here for a paycheck and no more. Employees that do not treat each patient as if it were mom or dad, brother or sister..

Advice to Senior ManagementIf I had advice for upper management I would not post it here, I would approach upper management. It's an open door.

Shockingly neglignet

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsTricore offered a reasonably competitive salary, acceptable benefits, short workdays, and really no overtime. Made having a work/life balance easy.

ConsByzantine HR policies, intractable middle management, incompetent leadership, and a willingness to endanger patients to protect their image. With their level of negligence, I'm surprised they don't get sued more often for malpractice.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company to someone who knows how to run a professional lab organization.

Poor leadership

CIO (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsCompetitive salary and benefits, good work hours

ConsTerrible executive, financial and HR leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a new CEO, CFO & HR director.

Great work if you can avoid the politics

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsTricore is a company that has ample opportunities for growth change and good work. The team I worked in was filled with dynamic professionals with a good idea of where to go. We were also given the flexibility to push our ideas forward.

ConsSome of the other groups our team worked with solved everything by having meetings where no work was accomplished.

Advice to Senior ManagementDespite the massive changes coming in the healthcare industry, the company hasn't come up with a clean strategy or vision for how to rebuild and rework itself. Problems aren't soled, just shuffled.

Committed to excellence

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsGreat management team, committed, intelligent. Able to make the changes they need to make. Not afraid of change. Not afraid of risk.

ConsIs a firm transitioning from a mom and pop shop to a world class organization. Lots of momentum, lots of resistance to change,

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Don't be afraid of change. Don't let the vendors hold you hostage. Always look under the covers.

Worked for TriCore Reference Laboratories? Contribute to the Community!