TriCore Reference Laboratories

Updated October 21, 2014
Updated October 21, 2014
2.3

Khosrow Shotorbani

OK Company that is the midst of major growth as well as identity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at TriCore Reference Laboratories full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Small groups. Many employees you work with are dedicated to their jobs and to improving the company as a whole. Current CEO has great ideas and is very approachable and open to ideas and change.

Cons

Politics. Just because a department doesn't want to do something they will push instead of collaborating on a solution. There is a lot of blame and not much discussion of how to fix a problem. Takes an extremely long time to get projects approved and moved forward.

Listen to your employees. Don't take their expertise, and time for granted. Utilize them effectively.

Too chaotic. No clear direction.

I have been working at TriCore Reference Laboratories full-time

Pros

Quality of work in the lab.

Cons

Leadership doesn't seem to have any communication strategy. Senior leaders always seem to be behind closed doors. People come and go without any communications.

Communicate. Not just via Yammer.

Model of Corporate Intimidation

Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at TriCore Reference Laboratories part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Many capable, helpful and friendly staff members who are truly dedicated to patient care. Staff are very supportive of each other.

Cons

Dictatorial management. Culture of fear promoted from upper management. Threats of job cuts. Employees with expertise passed over for promotion in favor of sycophants.

Stop the intimidation. Clean house in the Human Capital Management department as they are nothing more than henchmen for the harassment that is the normative behavior of many Tricore directors and managers. Stop the meaningless employee satisfaction surveys and actually listen to employees.

They are always hiring

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at TriCore Reference Laboratories

Pros

They are always hiring which makes you wonder why. It might be a good sign or a bad one

Cons

Never call back. They shouldn't even post if they are not going to hire the people most qualified for the job. I'm going to school to run a lab. I guess insecurities keep them from hiring me. They rather hire someone who doesn't know anything than someone who is actually going to school to become a scientist.

You need to call people who interviews who are most qualified. And not purposely overlook people going to school to become a lab tech

Avoid TriCore at all costs... It is the unsafest, cheapest work environment around.

Former Employee - Unwilling Lab Drone in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Unwilling Lab Drone in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at TriCore Reference Laboratories full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Coffee is free, sort of..

Cons

All decisions by very slow bureaucracy and emotional politics, no work/life balance, incompetent 'leadership', very poor pay and benefits, sexual harassment and discrimination towards men and older people is rampant 'but not officially endorsed', politics and gossip run this sinking ship and while someone laughingly thought TriCore was the 'healthiest place to work', I left with a bleeding stomach ulcer, high bp, brux, stress induced hives, psychological problems.. things I didn't have when I was hired.

There are competency tests for employees, but there are no competency tests for managers, directors and executives? Have a competency test for ALL managers, directors and 'senior leadership' and get rid of the dead weight! Daily have everyone take the Hippocratic oat because I left there with more harm done to me than good.

The definition of an Empire

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at TriCore Reference Laboratories full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good products. Growing, decent culture.

Cons

HR Leadership is very poor

Too may "leaders" in HR that cannot agree. Poor attitude, unfriendly, unapproachable and to be frank...bitchy.

Tricore Labs is an excellent place to serve, it's not work.

Current Employee - Lead Clinical Lab Assistant in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Lead Clinical Lab Assistant in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at TriCore Reference Laboratories full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The opportunity to make a difference. If you are looking for a job, don't bother. If you are looking for a place to serve others, it's great.

Cons

None that I can think of. Lazy people that are here for a paycheck and no more. Employees that do not treat each patient as if it were mom or dad, brother or sister..

If I had advice for upper management I would not post it here, I would approach upper management. It's an open door.

Shockingly neglignet

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at TriCore Reference Laboratories full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Tricore offered a reasonably competitive salary, acceptable benefits, short workdays, and really no overtime. Made having a work/life balance easy.

Cons

Byzantine HR policies, intractable middle management, incompetent leadership, and a willingness to endanger patients to protect their image. With their level of negligence, I'm surprised they don't get sued more often for malpractice.

Sell the company to someone who knows how to run a professional lab organization.

Poor leadership

Former Employee - CIO in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - CIO in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at TriCore Reference Laboratories full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Competitive salary and benefits, good work hours

Cons

Terrible executive, financial and HR leadership.

Hire a new CEO, CFO & HR director.

Great work if you can avoid the politics

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at TriCore Reference Laboratories full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Tricore is a company that has ample opportunities for growth change and good work. The team I worked in was filled with dynamic professionals with a good idea of where to go. We were also given the flexibility to push our ideas forward.

Cons

Some of the other groups our team worked with solved everything by having meetings where no work was accomplished.

Despite the massive changes coming in the healthcare industry, the company hasn't come up with a clean strategy or vision for how to rebuild and rework itself. Problems aren't soled, just shuffled.

TriCore Reference Laboratories Photos