TriHealth Reviews

21 reviews filtered by
  • Cincinnati, OH
3.4
John Prout

1. Great place to work when properly staffed.

Current Employee - Patient Care Assistant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Patient Care Assistant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at TriHealth part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good tuition reimbursement. Rotating weekends every third weekend. Management works with school schedules and wants you to be successful in school.

Cons

Overturn for patient care assistants occurs frequently so short staffing is a frequent issue. Hard to increase pay when 5% of hourly rate highest raise amount.

Finding a way to recruit reliable staff and keep patient care assistants at the necessary amount to provide better service.

2. I worked at Good Samaritan Hospital

Current Employee - Access Associate in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Access Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at TriHealth part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pay was competitive

Cons

The staff and registration department is not organized

Find a better on call system

3. Good company to work for

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at TriHealth full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Medical, Dental, Vision start day one. Very well known hospitals and physician practices in Cincinnati area, TriHealth is still growing by acquiring smaller physician practices. On a smaller level I love, love the people I work with everyday, we struggle together, we conquer together.

Cons

Compensation is average. Personal growth is lacking in my area of work.

The physician practice where I work was acquired several years ago and I feel that those in our practice no longer have a voice. We are just told to fall in line with the TriHealth culture. Which is both good and bad. Good because TriHealth is well known and has it's network hospitals that have been around forever and are quality organizations. Bad because TriHealth has grown so big that they do not recognize that some area are incredibly understaffed, but required to keep up with the same volume of work. They will work you almost to death, before they recognize "oh yeah" this person needs a break.

5. Dedicated to mission

Current Employee - Professional in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Professional in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at TriHealth full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Invested in developing existing leaders. Great opportunities at certain levels of the organization. Supportive of education and continued learning. Culture is progressive and organization is maturing. Attempting to hire younger talent to lead the company for the next 30 years.

Cons

An "older" organization currently in terms of leadership. In some areas no respect for newer ways to get the same job done. Professional grooming only for certain people. Can feel micromanaged and undervalued. Small circle of closely knit individuals where leadership development and succession planning are evident....almost a slap in the face for others.

Leadership development should not be focused on a select group of individuals only. Can create a very exclusive culture....which is something very known about organization. Train directors to appreciate differences and to compensate fairly for value..not purposely underpay and intentionally underutilize.

Challenging!

Former Employee - Access Associate in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Access Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at TriHealth part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Huge Company. Lots of room to advance or transfer to another position or department. The pay is not too bad. Great coworkers for the most part. Various locations throughout Cincinnati and surrounding areas.

Cons

If your supervisor does not like you, she will make your life miserable. Will not recommend you for a transfer to any new position. She will give other managers or supervisors a bad reference on you if she does not like you making it hard to improve your status within Trihealth. In simple terms, you are held a prisoner of this type of Manager or Supervisor. Lots of favoritism going on here. Basically if your not kissing someone's butt, you are not going anywhere.

Do not in any circumstances show favoritism to any employee. This is not professional or right in any manner. Treat every employee with respect, do not hold grudges against an employee who stands their ground to you if they were treated unfairly. Allow an employee to transfer to another job or department if they are a good match for the job. Don't hold anyone back because of your personal hate towards that employee.

7. Bethesda North Charge Nurse

Current Employee - Charge Nurse in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Charge Nurse in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at TriHealth full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Wonderful group of people to work with, they strive to be leaders in the healthcare industry, lots of opportunity to participate in the decision making process if you are interested in putting in the time and effort, big emphasis and support on continuing education especially BSN for nursing

Cons

Management is too far removed from what their staff is dealing with everyday on the floors, merit raises are biased despite the concept of peer review

Upper management should consider requiring their managers be in fewer meetings and encourage them to spend more time finding out what their staff really do and how they can facilitate their jobs (and it's not by sitting in meetings all day)!

8. It was a great experience.

Current Employee - Trihealth Lifestyles Health/Fitness Coordinator in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at TriHealth (more than a year)

Pros

Meeting all of the members

Cons

Management does not know what the members want.

Leave.

9. Struggling to get with the times

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at TriHealth full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Stable company stable job many employees have been there for a while. Great if you are in management. I had high expectations coming into the position.

Cons

mundane tasks. little creativity due to steril hospital environment. Low pay and not much chance for vertical movement. I was dissapointed in the position. I felt that I was promised something different. I like to think that in a different position I could have been a bigger fan of the company. I totally agree with an earlier review. TriHealth is okay, but look elsewhere first.

Provide greater opportunity for upward mobility. Get current digitally. All of the paper pushing is out of control.

10. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Medical Records Coder in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Medical Records Coder in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at TriHealth full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Low stress and great work life balance. Good benefits and great management. We can work from home after training.

Cons

Needs written guidelines for this position. New coders learn as they go and everyone does things a little different. Pay lower then other hospitals.

11. Overall good place to work

Current Employee - Nutrition in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Nutrition in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at TriHealth part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, continuing education, teamwork, many good employees

Cons

Sometimes negative work environment, lack of communication from management to employees

not sure