TriMas

Be The First To
Add Photos

TriMas President, CEO, and Director Dave Wathen

Dave Wathen

An employment opportunity along my career path in an unfavorable job market

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) South Bend, IN

ProsJob security is ok in a poor economy.

ConsUpper management is greedy. Raises are extremely small regardless of the profitability of the company. Feel unimportant, insignificant, and unintelligent. The company is out for the senior management people and could care less about anyone not part of the "club".

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstood that the company must make a profit and give positive results to the investors. However, don't forget about your most important assets (The people who are making it happen). Watch what happens when the economy begins to improve...turnover WILL be high. Associates need to feel appreciated and part of the operation.

Ran our company into the ground!

Staff Accountant (Former Employee) Fairborn, OH

ProsThe only positive thing is that I am no longer associated with the company.

ConsA lack of management and leadership, Opportunistic, Favoritism, No room for advancement
    We were acquired by TriMas in 2007, and promised a brighter future, pay increases, advancement opportunities, and a family-like work environment. TriMas closed our company in March 2010. We were asked to take pay cuts, went through several reductions in force, and told we were being switched to benefits much lower than we had when we were acquired. They did the opposite of what they promised. They are untrustworthy and cowards. My own boss wouldn't even give me my termination date. I found out through the grapevine.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat companies you acquire with respect. You are toying with people's lives. Acquisitions should be mutually beneficial, not toys. Stop acting like spoiled children always wanting a new toy, or company, to suck dry and toss it aside when you're bored playing with it.

Senior management is treated like kings and staff are treated like dirt.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bloomfield Hills, MI

ProsOutside of senior management everyone else is great to work with.

ConsSenior Management is unappreciative.
    Vacation is near impossible to take.
    Communication between senior management and the rest of the staff is non-existent.
    When times are good money is spent on senior management, when times are tough it's the staff that get the boot.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the rest of us, we work really hard too.

Worked for TriMas? Contribute to the Community!