TriMas Reviews

2.7
TriMas President, CEO, and Director Dave Wathen
Dave Wathen
1 Rating

Trimas moved in I moved out

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Orange, CA

I worked at TriMas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are great. My hiring Production Manager was great. Professional Machinists great quality products.

Cons

at first it was good until Trimas sent their Corporate guy in to take over as GM. Structure, improvement processes management transparency came to a screeching halt. Only bottom line monthly sales were attended to and the bar raised evry other month. Very unethical, rude and cares nothing for Management or Employees. Conflicts of inteinterest and even age discrimination. (Too young to be a Manager). Thoroughly discusted. May even be leagal action involved. thank God I found a job at a real company.

Advice to Management

be more transparent care about your people listen to the ones that have been there a long time they know what they're doing. don't play favorites keep an open mind. stop messing with the process if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Ran our company into the ground!

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Fairborn, OH
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Fairborn, OH

I worked at TriMas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only positive thing is that I am no longer associated with the company.

Cons

A lack of management and leadership, Opportunistic, Favoritism, No room for advancement We were acquired by TriMas in 2007, and promised a brighter future, pay increases, advancement opportunities, and a family-like work environment. TriMas closed our company in March 2010. We were asked to take pay cuts, went through several reductions in force, and told we were being switched to benefits much lower than we had when we were acquired. They did the opposite of what they promised. They are untrustworthy and cowards. My own boss wouldn't even give me my termination date. I found out through the grapevine.

Advice to Management

Treat companies you acquire with respect. You are toying with people's lives. Acquisitions should be mutually beneficial, not toys. Stop acting like spoiled children always wanting a new toy, or company, to suck dry and toss it aside when you're bored playing with it.

An employment opportunity along my career path in an unfavorable job market

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at TriMas

Pros

Job security is ok in a poor economy.

Cons

Upper management is greedy. Raises are extremely small regardless of the profitability of the company. Feel unimportant, insignificant, and unintelligent. The company is out for the senior management people and could care less about anyone not part of the "club".

Advice to Management

Understood that the company must make a profit and give positive results to the investors. However, don't forget about your most important assets (The people who are making it happen). Watch what happens when the economy begins to improve...turnover WILL be high. Associates need to feel appreciated and part of the operation.

Senior management is treated like kings and staff are treated like dirt.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield Hills, MI

I have been working at TriMas

Pros

Outside of senior management everyone else is great to work with.

Cons

Senior Management is unappreciative. Vacation is near impossible to take. Communication between senior management and the rest of the staff is non-existent. When times are good money is spent on senior management, when times are tough it's the staff that get the boot.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the rest of us, we work really hard too.

6. Great working experience

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at TriMas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

freedom, Good Boss, very focussed on goals and strategic aspirations

Cons

working in silos, non common culture as TriMas every place, every business has its own way of working and culture

Advice to Management

break the silos and bring more synergy between businesses

RSS Feed </> Embed