TriNet Group Reviews

Updated September 29, 2014
3.3

TriNet Group President, CEO, and Director Burton M. Goldfield
Burton M. Goldfield

Pros
  • Good benefits, competitive compensation package (in 5 reviews)

• The company is growing rapidly and you need to be able to adapt to a lot of change (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of opportunities to move upward or horizontal, long hours and too many clients, no work-life balance unless you are at a higher level (in 6 reviews)

• Growing pains that comes with a rapidly growing organization (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Software Engineer

I have been working at TriNet Group

Pros

Amazing company..This company is the best..The only drawback I see is that this company pays good but hires resources without a good interview technical process which is not good for company.

Cons

need a lot of good resources and please interview the resources a lot before hiring them,,,

Long Term Product Manager

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  San Leandro, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Leandro, CA

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The opportunity is vast. There is much to be done and we are making great strides to better our offering.

Cons

The company is growing rapidly and is cautious about investing in more headcount. This makes progress slower than it could be.

The budget and value of training and building in the workers should be viewed as a must. It is impossible to keep expecting 120% out of your staff without any action to help with training or backups.

consultant

Current Employee - PEC  in  Port St Lucie, FL
    Current Employee - PEC in Port St Lucie, FL

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Not much right now thank you.

Cons

Not much right now thank you,

na

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Making Ambitions Realized

Former Employee - Regional Sales Consultant  in  South Florida, FL
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Consultant in South Florida, FL

I worked at TriNet Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great corporate environment for those that would like to engage in Professional Employer Organization (PEO) sales. Company supports regional managers in the overall sales activities targeting special vertical markets. TriNet provides employees with the opportunity to grow in the field with many corporate tools and sponsorship.

Cons

Long sales process at times.

Loved it until last 8 months

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bradenton, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

I worked at TriNet Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Family oriented environment even though it is a large company
    Growth opportunities for most
    CEO and Executive leadership involvement
    Holiday party
    Employee appreciation days

Cons

No work-life balance
    Compensation low
    Poor middle/senior management in some areas
    Lack of organization on some teams

I absolutely loved working at TriNet for most of my tenure. Burton's positivity and vision for the future was infectious. I definitely drank the Kool-aide, and I still believe the company will be great. Most of the employees and management are wonderful. I should know as I worked with numerous individual contributors and leaders during my time. While, I would still love to be employed there it was clear to me that even though I was a top performer (and recognized for it too), politics would always stand in the way of me gaining a well deserved pay raise and promotion. I was paid the lowest salary on my team but did twice the work of my colleagues, numbers do not lie. While I was told by my Director and Sr. Manager I would get a raise and promotion on numerous occasions, that did not happen. Instead they promoted someone who had been there only a short period. Myself and colleagues were pretty disgusted at the way our senior leadership treated me. Many of them would like to exit as well.

Some day I would love to go back, but not until the leadership on my team is gone, and there is more organization. Do not let my review detour you from going to work for the company, as there is a lot of change going on. I think the bad apples will not be there long.

Perception & Reality: The disconnect

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

my peers; compensation structure; work equipment, the help desk

Cons

Leadership lacks self-awareness. Having come from upstanding honorable Fortune® 200 companies who clearly understand how a corporation should function, it’s painfully obvious to see where there is an extreme chasm between TriNet’s vernacular and business acumen, ethics and mantra. When leadership prides itself and boldly brags about promoting an environment of team collaboration, helping others achieve their ambitions as well as a “we’re in this together” attitude, to observe insecure & detached leaders react to challenging/stressful situations (regardless of department) by throwing the very people “they’re commitment to” under the bus, scheduling “fire drill” meetings and not attending, refusing to roll up their very own sleeves to get the work done, calling constituents at inappropriate hours of the night, or refusing to take responsibility for their own actions leaves this current employee dismayed, unimpressed and regretful for signing an offer letter. TriNet leadership has successfully convinced itself (with incorrect rationale) they are further along as an enterprise than they actually are. Therein lies the disconnect.

Remove individuals who don’t believe in a transparent work environment. Choose leadership who has holistic and job relevant competencies. Consider diversification of top leadership and board of directors. Vet out leadership candidates more thoroughly with regards to culture fit, and ensure the language they leverage to lead colleagues aligns with TriNet's business practices. Audit current business models, behaviors & acumen of all leadership (regardless of tenure & role). Remove preferential blinders when evaluating current colleagues. Corporate politics must end. These tactics are destroying the very infrastructure you’re trying to build and establish. Consider contracting out an auditing process of leadership evaluation to an outside source. An internal auditing process is too biased. Ensure new leadership does not repeat tyrannical & controlling behavior exhibited in previous organizations.
    It’s a tough journey to maintain legitimately strong core values developed at the birth of a company (though they must evolve over time). To contend for these values, a company must make a concerted effort, daily, when they're trying to build something they want to last for years. Alas- that is the very burden any CEO and his/her Senior Leaders must carry. Remain vigilant and true. Never compromising, but always open to introspection and professional development.

Sep 24, 2014Public Relations

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and suggesting ways we might improve our organization. You are correct; the burden of any CEO and leadership team to build an enduring company ... More

Specialist for Ambrose Group in NYC

Current Employee - Specialist  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at TriNet Group as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Laid back office environment and ability to work from home when needed. The people are great and lots of random giveaways and food in pantry.

Cons

Going through a transition phase and lots of reorganization.

Great Sales Organization, Raleigh NC

Current Employee - Regional Sales Consultant Passport  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Consultant Passport in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been at TriNet over a year and I am extremely happy with the Sales Leadership and experience. TriNet is very fair with sales people, patient, and the leadership is always looking for ways to make you a success. They are always asking how they can help. Compensation is excellent and the culture is the best I've been in in years. PEO Sales is challenging, however leaders here find a way to make it fun and rewarding.

Cons

No cons to report. This is a great company.

Keep the dynamic, challenging and rewarding culture. Keep staying on the ground with front line consultants. As TriNet grows, hold on to the entrepreneurial spirit.

Sep 22, 2014Public Relations

Thank you for taking time time to share your feedback. We are thrilled to hear you are having a positive experience at TriNet and will do everything we can to ensure our company continues to be a ... More

Overworked, underpaid.

Current Employee - Human Capital Consultant  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Human Capital Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great teams, smart people, good environment

Cons

Lack of opportunities to move upward or horizontal, long hours and too many clients, no work-life balance unless you are at a higher level.

Rewarding employees for hard work is meaningful.

Sep 24, 2014Public Relations

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. A large percentage of new positions and opportunities are filled from within the organization. We currently have over 150 open positions ... More

An amazing company

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined TriNet as a fresher after school and my Manager helped me so much in mentoring me, advising me with good tips..Very Happy to work at TriNet

Cons

Please monitor each an every employee so much that each resource should be well utilized when the company provides such good options..

Jul 17, 2014Public Relations

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy to hear you had a wonderful manager and hope we continue to support your career and life goals!

Worked for TriNet Group? Contribute to the Community!