TriNet Group

Updated February 27, 2015
3.3

TriNet Group President, CEO, and Director Burton M. Goldfield
Burton M. Goldfield

Pros
  • Good benefits, competitive compensation package (in 5 reviews)

• The company is growing rapidly and you need to be able to adapt to a lot of change (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • They could care less if we make money, if we have work-life balance, if we want to establish a career with the company, etc (in 4 reviews)

• Lack of opportunities to move upward or horizontal, long hours and too many clients, no work-life balance unless you are at a higher level (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

TriNet IS a good place to work

Current Employee - Principal Human Capital Consultant in San Leandro, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Human Capital Consultant in San Leandro, CA

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

TriNet is a good company to work for, the company offers competitive benefits and salary. I feel so lucky to be part of this great team as I our team is always out to help each other. I have so many resources (including colleagues, professional subscriptions and internal resources) available to me it sometimes can be overwhelming and be too good to be true. The work flexibility really contributes to my personal need for work/life balance. When I began working at TriNet, I was (and still am) so excited to be able to interact with many and different companies that were the size that they are. I genuinely enjoy my clients and their diversity.

Cons

There really are not any Cons. My job is genuinely hard and challenging. Because of the resources available to me, I am learning something new everyday which I love. One of the hardest parts is finding the right person within TriNet to speak with but this is where my experienced colleagues come into play. If you are a person who does not want to take advantage of opportunities given to you, TriNet is not the place for you.

Thank you for running such a collaborative and flexible company and listening to internal colleagues requests and suggestions.

Good company and smart employees

Current Employee - Human Resources Consultant in San Leandro, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Consultant in San Leandro, CA

I have been working at TriNet Group

Pros

My experience is that Trinet has a bright, inquisitive employee population. Most of the people I have encountered are genuinely nice and pleasant to work with and all strive for the best outcomes whether its related to the clients or internal interactions. Flexible working environment which given Bay Area traffic is perfect. Direct managers are responsive, supportive for things within their control. Great benefits.

Cons

Some of the departments seem understaffed or priorities not aligned with overall mission, if you have a problem, it could take weeks for resolution or traction; often requiring an escalation to obtain a response. There are a ton of resources to do your job, but finding info on the Intranet is cumbersome. Too many internal systems to access data. Not enough resources towards supporting larger customers HRIS needs which prompts them to move.

Strive to become more nimble to clients needs or problems. Processes and compliance are vitally important, however Trinet's clients are typically moving at the speed of sound and mirroring some of that agility would demonstrate a true partnership.

Experience working at TriNet

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time

Pros

Collaborative environment, employee centric culture, customer focused, flexible, innovative, multiple virtual application platforms available to work from home, fast paced, high engagement of employees, opportunities available for growth and development, promote from within, and collect feedback from employees on a regular basis. Employees are very helpful and friendly.

Cons

With growth comes growing pains. Need to reevaluate service delivery model and systems as the company continues to grow. What can we offer outside-of-the-box that is innovative and not easy to duplicate?

Good place to work.

Current Employee - Human Capital Consultant
    Current Employee - Human Capital Consultant

I have been working at TriNet Group

Pros

As a company the benefits and perks are very good. CEO and executive staff are very visible and provide regular corporate updates. I am compensated well for what I do and am appreciated. My division directors have risen up the ranks and know the challenges of my job having once upon a time been in my role which for me is a plus.

My division has a very collaborative and support culture. The people are great. They are supportive in sharing information and best practices and are a great group of people. My supervisor is the best and I have a lot of respect for her as my supervisor and as a person. My division provides flexible workplace practices and great resources to be successful in my role. I really enjoy working on this team.

Cons

This company and my role are not for someone looking for an easy job. The company and the division set the bar high and the work is very demanding. It can be a challenge to get everything done and to the depth that you would like to see it completed.

The HR department for TriNet's direct employees needs to be more visible. I have worked here for over a year in the corporate office and have yet to see an HR employee out on the floor or have one speak or say hi to me. That is not a great representation for an HR company.

Great place to grow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic benefits, interesting interview process, good compensation. TriNet is still growing rapidly and the future is still very bright. Colleagues are respectful and helpful. My direct supervisor is supportive and helpful, and I feel has my success and career growth in mind.

Cons

Tremendous growth means it can take some time to track down the right person, team or department, but if you are persistent, you can always find someone to help you. Work-life balance is always a challenge at a growing company, but I do think overall TriNet is striving to help employees find this for themselves.

Keep listening. Keep communicating. Show team members paths to success. Keep up the wellness and TriNet cares!

The Only Constant at this company is change

I have been working at TriNet Group

Pros

Rising company in the PEO world. Their Trinet Passport product is great. Good technology, excellent client service people and transparent and easy pricing and benefits.

Cons

Too many chiefs; not enough indians. The sales organization is a mess. They have verticalized the company and created competing fiefdoms that steal from one anothers revenue. The hardest working salespeople are having to give their referral sources, leads and sales to other divisions to split commissions with less seasoned reps who leave after realizing how hard it is to do their jobs. Ultimately, the Top Reps will leave because they can make more elsewhere. The other division, SOI, has more opportunities to sell but is not as good of a product and the organization is less ethical.

Its okay to verticalize and have people concentrate on certian industry to grow business. Use the Carrot instead of the stick. Give higher commissions to sales people selling in their vertical and just a normal rate for companies outside of their vertical. Get rid of the vertical managers and have all vertical markets fall under teh local managers. This would allow for mentoring and a better group attitude.

TriNet Group Response

Feb 19, 2015Coordinator, Public Relations

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We appreciate the detailed feedback. Your comments help us improve TriNet and become the leader in the PEO field, for our clients as well as for our employees ... More

Disappointing

I worked at TriNet Group

Pros

work from home, benefits, bonus (small), some work-life balance

Cons

I was really enthusiastic working for a company like Ambrose and being part of their team. I can't say specifically what department I am in since I can't risk people knowing where I am, but I have to say, it's become a true disappointment after being here for 2 years. The manager is completely out of touch with the team to the point that it's a joke and when you have a concern it's met with a concerned look but no action taken to correct issues.

There is no room for growth. You have to wait for someone to leave in order to get a higher position in your department. Managers may even stunt your growth because they want to keep you on their team. Teammates and manager treated me like I'm the lowest person on our team but didn't want to realize that poor training was the result. Too much gossip and backstabbing which creates for a toxic environment. Unethical practices! Managers talk about your private concerns that you bring up to them with their "buddies"in the company. Many spies too, so be carful who you talk to or what you say because it's "everyman for himself" here.

I wish my team would have been more open and accepting of me and not treat me like they didn't care or that they could care less about me working there. Stop making other team mates train the new people, it's the manager's responsibility to train new employee's and no one has time for that.

Too much work given, not enough training and especially not enough support. Don't you dare ask questions from your peers! If you ask questions you'll be met with a lot snarls and rude behavior.

If you're a kid wanting to get your foot in the door with HR, you can come here, but don't plan on being a long term employee unless your manager loves you and you're their lap dog because there's no real growth here and only lap dogs get a promotion, which is often not deserved.

team leads need more monitoring of their behaviors and ethics. Stop focusing on growth so much that you create more issues, lose more high paying clients and create a greater turn-over which means more money down the drain. Focus on employee retention. Stop allowing sales to promise clients the sky when we can't deliver that.

Indecisive Management Team, no sense of true direction

I worked at TriNet Group

Pros

Ability to work from home, great co-workers, good severance package when they laid me off.

Cons

Lack of training, too much over-time and stress, poor communication and guidance by supervisors. Was laid off with 3 other employee's after 6 months on the job.

Seems like employees are set up for failure

TriNet HR

Current Employee - Client Services Associate in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Client Services Associate in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at TriNet Group

Pros

TriNet offers a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation. There are growth and movement opportunities in certain roles.

Cons

TriNet is in growth mode and is struggling with consistency and quality of service following the acquisition of several companies. The work environment is fast-paced and constantly changing. I have witnessed high turnover in recent years, especially in executive roles.

Develop consistent business practices and communicate clear expectations to the workforce.

Just a payroll company trying to be a SaaS

Current Employee - Regional Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Consultant

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They company as in TriNet, does value you as an employee. It was definitely one of the first things i noticed when i started. They give you lots of tools to help you succeed because it is a hard sell. TriNet also has a wonderful brand recognition and most customers are happy.

Cons

Even though they are constantly saying there is room for advancement, being a young woman I would never advance. It is definitely one of the most hostile work places i have experienced which lead to me dreading going into work. It was deemed acceptable and excusable instead of addressing the issue. There is no work life balance, especially in the Championship season (half the year) when you are expected to work at least 12 hour days.

The product is being more price driven on the back end without the sales and product connection which is a connection of the company going public and the accounting department seeing the possibilities of the profit mark.

Change the culture of the office- its like a 30 year old frat house. And respect a work life separation.