TriNet Group

Updated January 28, 2015
3.4

TriNet Group President, CEO, and Director Burton M. Goldfield
Burton M. Goldfield

Pros
  • Good benefits, competitive compensation package (in 5 reviews)

• The company is growing rapidly and you need to be able to adapt to a lot of change (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • They could care less if we make money, if we have work-life balance, if we want to establish a career with the company, etc (in 4 reviews)

• Lack of opportunities to move upward or horizontal, long hours and too many clients, no work-life balance unless you are at a higher level (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Uphill Battle

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at TriNet Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I worked for an organization under the TriNet umbrella, Break the Cycle. The people that work there are great. They have the best intentions, and all truly believe in the work that they're doing. The passion is real.

Cons

There was an Executive Director who decided to up and leave the organization, which put a lot of things into a downward spiral. The passion is there, but it's hard to work when you're always asking questions.

Great Place to Work!

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

TriNet has a great culture and great leaders. There are many avenues for employees to advance within the company and relocate if desired.

Cons

There is a lack in organization with some of management.

Great place to work

I have been working at TriNet Group

Pros

Excellent benefit package, opportunities for advancement

Cons

Can be very demanding, guidelines can be communicated more thorough

Quiet

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

I worked at TriNet Group as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The people on assignment with me were very nice as was my interviewer/hiring manager.

Cons

As a contractor, I felt no regular/permanent employees outside of the contractors wanted anything to do with me/us.

Consider hiring contractors/temps on who do well for you on assignment.

A new year, a new leaf perhaps?

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There's no denying that TriNet gives back to the communities where they have a sizable presence.
    I'm going to a tropical location, all expenses paid, and should come back with a nice tan for smashing quota!
    Our customer service managers are TOP NOTCH. If it weren't for them, retention would be extremely horrid!
    Caffeine is supplied, major bonus to me.
    Stock options if you qualify!
    Did I mention the tan?

Cons

I may be getting a nice tan, but I know for a fact our service teams DESERVE something on par!
    Inter-brand squabbles - fighting over who is in charge of what opportunity or SIC code. Same team right?
    Everyone seems so concerned about pecking order. Let's worry about our company values and clients!
    We had great sales leads on competitors clients at one time, and those tenured sales mgrs who were connected or smart (or tipped off in advance that they were going away, albeit temporarily) made many copies and distributed to staff like I did. I give these to newbies who are getting frustrated, and as rewards. Bad leads now: correction horrible leads now.
    Underwriting isn't as aggressive as it used to be.
    For a tech company, we need bleeding edge work tools. Our antiquated tools don't cut it anymore.

Advice to myself (regional)? I could use a dose of humility at times and I think we ALL can. What would I advise executive management? To invest invest invest in LONG TERM morale lifters with an emphasis on the ops side. I am very appreciative of my health commissions and trips, but my service folks languish in long hours with almost laughable compensation packages. I let some of my folks go home early of Fridays, but I hear horror stories in other offices in the same city. TriNet is not my life. I am very fortunate to have this job however. We used to be feared as the rising star in the PEO world after the acquisitions and mergers. I have to say that the luster has dimmed slightly but not to the point we don't still shine! I believe I've said everything in a constructive fashion. I'll even be the change agent. A new year. A new leaf.

I work at a company which is part of Trinet's network of companies.

I have been working at TriNet Group

Pros

The company I work for is small, and has a very relaxed environment. I work with others who are very knowledgeable about the field we are in. Greatk work-life balance

Cons

Not too many cons. The only con would be that there isn't much room for growth.And the managers aren't too involved with managing meaning someone may get bigger workloads while others slackoff

Career Path and Development

Current Employee - Director of Sales
    Current Employee - Director of Sales

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Strong Leadership
    -Definite career path
    -Fast, stable growth

Cons

-Consistently asked to do more with less

No Place I'd Rather Be

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Bradenton, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Bradenton, FL

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The culture at TriNet allows and encourages employees to meet their potential while maintaining a great work/life balance. I like the team I work with and my management team is very supportive.

Cons

My major issue with TriNet is a lack of Red Bull. Red Bull is the life blood of a sales team and I feel it should be raining from the skies. (not literally of course, that'd make a mess)

More Red Bull

TriNet Group Response

Jan 9, 2015Public Relations

There is a lack of Redbull! Excellent point! Thank you for your valued contributions as an employee!

Amazing company with incredible growth potential!

Current Employee - Regional Sales Consultant in Bradenton, FL
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Consultant in Bradenton, FL

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

TriNet focuses on more than your position's quota and invests their time digging into your professional goals as well as personal goals. The work-life balance is excellent. Leadership makes sure that you are given the tools you need to succeed and will assist in getting you to the next level if you show drive and determination.

Cons

I have not yet come across anything negative.

Make sure you keep to the challenging and rewarding culture. Employees appreciate when their Managers are willing to jump into the trenches and work alongside of them.

Trinet has provided me with the most challenging and rewarding position I have had in my career.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Consultant in Lakewood Ranch, FL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Consultant in Lakewood Ranch, FL

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You are rewarded very well for achieving and exceeding company goals and quotas. Great team environment, colleagues willing to help you, often times selflessly. Fun departments and events. Great room for growth

Cons

It can be stressful. Hard work. Long hours. But the challenges help to refine you, personally and professionally, at least they did for me.

Continue to encourage stretch goals, recognize potential and provide the incentives to keep people motivated.