TriNet Group

TriNet Group Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2014

TriNet Group President, CEO, and Director Burton M. Goldfield

Burton M. Goldfield

Pros:
  • "TriNet offers good pay and good benefits"
    in 3 reviews
  • "pockets of good people that know what they are doing"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Senior management first PEO experience is at this company all except three"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Growing company means there are sometimes growing pains but with the right attitude you will learn plenty"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Expansion & growth

Front Office Staff (Current Employee)
San Ramon, CA

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time for more than 10 years

ProsCompany values & integrity are outstanding.
Wonderful people and atmosphere.

ConsNone, my experience has been all positive.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

RSC

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at TriNet Group full-time

ProsGood reputation. leading technology. ipo

ConsSales organization grew to fast to support all the changes

Advice to Senior Managementslow down. remove some of the knuckelheads in mid management positions

Company fills an important niche but chaotic, unsettling work environment negatively impacts clients and employees

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVery dedicated, committed people in a highly entrepreneurial environment. The place is better than what it was a few years ago - so training is better, processes are better, the systems are better, etc. - the company improves itself through experience. There are opportunities for employees to move around the company and pursue other career interests.

ConsHigh turnover in people across many different departments including Sales, Service, IT, etc. due to unrealistic work expectations, imbalance between work/life - I have seen people at "every" level of the company stressed out way beyond what is acceptable. Disconnect between different departments (especially at the management level) which has resulted in less than optimal results. A SaaS company which needs better software, systems and technology to lay its hat on.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. The company's focus has been to go public so investors can diversify/cash out. Growth both organic and through acquisitions has been the mantra regardless of the consequences. I am aware of the "Great Place to Work" initiative. The company would not need the initiative if it would listen to its employees and improve how it manages the business. Everything starts from the top, and trickles downward. Furthermore, it is a little unnecessary for the HR department to respond to comments on this website. I could go into much greater detail or darker corners but my comments are for the public. I appreciate that people are finding their experiences at the company to be rewarding; and do not want to impact that.

Apr 8, 2014

As a current employee, we’d like to thank you for your years of service and genuinely appreciate your feedback. For a company our size, it’s vital that we continue to gather feedback from our ... More

The company has offered nothing but great opportunities.

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time

ProsYou feel appreciated and valued. The little things add up, TriNet goes out fo their way to show they care.

ConsI can't really think of some of the cons, other than some employees as with any other company can be negative.

Apr 1, 2014

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear such wonderful things from our current employees (it's means we are doing something right). Please remember to always fill out our Great Places to ... More

Work has never been so fulfilling and rewarding / Part II

Regional Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time for more than a year

ProsPros –
- excellent pay
- excellent benefits
- tenured professionals
- industry leading / industry disruptor

ConsCons –
- long hours
- lots of moving parts to the solutions
- not for the faint of heart

With that being said ... if you are up for a challenge, understand that winning big takes risking big and that greatness doesn't come easy -- then join our team. You will be welcomed and rewarded for your drive and success.

Advice to Senior ManagementI will be celebrating my 2 year anniversary with TriNet on the 26th of this month. My personal journey has been tremendous and I am confident that those who stay focused, surround themselves with positivity and align with like-minded colleagues (which is the large majority of our colleagues) within TriNet find a path ripe with opportunity both personally and professionally.

Really good company to work for.

Account Services Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time for more than a year

ProsThey constantly are having some sort of pot luck, or employee lunch, or something available for the employees. Also, they have giveaways for employees where you can win iPad's or trips to other office Christmas parties.

ConsThe training leaves much to be desired, therefore, when you start it kind of feels like you're drowning in the deep end of the pool. Additionally, the training decks have paragraphs of info rather than main points.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire trainers that can train. I've been a trainer, and took this position for specific HR experience. It seems obvious that the tenured learning consultants haven't had any learning design experience.

Mar 14, 2014

Thank you for your valuable insight and taking the time to share your feedback. We would like to thank you for your continued service with TriNet. We are working hard to enhance training programs for ... More

RUN!!! RUN!!! RUN!!! - Don't let the hype fool you

Regional Sales Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at TriNet Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood benefits, competitive compensation package

Conswhere do I start? This company has just gone public and leading up to it you are nothing but a number in order to drive the IPO and the stock price. No support, high turnover among senior leadership and sales reps. Mass hiring to see what sticks while operations is completely overwhelmed. These guys will cash in their stock options in 6 months and be gone...watch.

TriNet is a PEO and for some reason Wall Street says its a payroll clound provider? Competing with ADP and Workday. Not even close. Trinet provides ONLY one product and it is an all or nothing HR solution with limited flexibility.

Advice to Senior Managementits fruitless to even respond. I've tried for over 3 years...nothing

Senior Developer

Senior Applications Developer (Former Employee)
San Leandro, CA

I worked at TriNet Group full-time for more than a year

ProsEasy commute, occasional mixers, some nice co-workers but not many. Easy place to park. Can take BART

ConsDysfunctional org and technology. They have grown through inorganic acquisitions and destroyed many orgs along the way.

Advice to Senior ManagementCash in your options and move on

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Departed after a short time with the company

Manager (Current Employee)
San Leandro, CA

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time for less than a year

ProsDecent compensation package
Stability of a large company

ConsMore emphasis on culture than actual work.
Poor internal communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on hiring quality people with at least adequate technical skills

Apr 8, 2014

Thank you for your insight and sorry it didn't work out to your liking at TriNet. We have been in a growth phase, which can be incredibly fast paced and may not be the best fit for everyone. We wish ... More

Struggling with organizational coherence, but opportunities exist in some areas.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at TriNet Group full-time for more than a year

ProsMost co-workers are helpful and conscientious. Good benefits. Rapid pace of change and growth. Company's services have a very clear value proposition...if executed well.

ConsSome leadership changes and many leadership decisions were made haphazardly, reflecting a lack of understanding of the organization and what it takes to maintain a high level of service in what is a service/process focused industry.

Mar 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback. Reviews from both current and former employers are very helpful to us, as it guides us towards becoming a better company. While we cannot speak ... More

Worked for TriNet Group? Contribute to the Community!

TriNet Group Videos

TriNet Group – Why Work for Us?

Helping Entrepreneurs Realize Their Ambitions Quick Facts about TriNet. • 25 years of success • Based in San Leandro, CA • ESAC-accredited • CEO: Burton M. Goldfield • More than 8,000 clients Companies… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TriNet Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TriNet Group CEO Burton M. Goldfield. All 82 reviews posted anonymously by TriNet Group employees.