TriNet Group Reviews

Updated September 18, 2014
3.3

TriNet Group President, CEO, and Director Burton M. Goldfield
Burton M. Goldfield

Pros
  • TriNet offers good pay and good benefits (in 5 reviews)

• The company is growing rapidly and you need to be able to adapt to a lot of change (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Growing pains that comes with a rapidly growing organization (in 5 reviews)

• Senior management first PEO experience is at this company all except three (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

I love working for TriNet!!

Current Employee - Senior Client Services Associate  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Client Services Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The best thing about TriNet is our health benefits! TriNet does their best each year to keep the out-of-pocket premiums for health benefits at a reasonable range for employees. For three years in a row, TriNet has "eaten the cost" of the increase so that the out-of-pocket has not increased for the employees. That's amazing!!

Cons

Our workloads are really demanding, but we all want to support our clients at a very high level. In order to do so, we work nights and weekends regularly and our work-life balance is non-existent. .

Keep up the great efforts with benefit costs!! Consider decreasing workloads so we can have an appropriate work-life balance.

consultant

Current Employee - PEC  in  Port St Lucie, FL
    Current Employee - PEC in Port St Lucie, FL

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Not much right now thank you.

Cons

Not much right now thank you,

na

Making Ambitions Realized

Former Employee - Regional Sales Consultant  in  South Florida, FL
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Consultant in South Florida, FL

I worked at TriNet Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great corporate environment for those that would like to engage in Professional Employer Organization (PEO) sales. Company supports regional managers in the overall sales activities targeting special vertical markets. TriNet provides employees with the opportunity to grow in the field with many corporate tools and sponsorship.

Cons

Long sales process at times.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Perception & Reality: The disconnect

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

my peers; compensation structure; work equipment, the help desk

Cons

Leadership lacks self-awareness. Having come from upstanding honorable Fortune® 200 companies who clearly understand how a corporation should function, it’s painfully obvious to see where there is an extreme chasm between TriNet’s vernacular and business acumen, ethics and mantra. When leadership prides itself and boldly brags about promoting an environment of team collaboration, helping others achieve their ambitions as well as a “we’re in this together” attitude, to observe insecure & detached leaders react to challenging/stressful situations (regardless of department) by throwing the very people “they’re commitment to” under the bus, scheduling “fire drill” meetings and not attending, refusing to roll up their very own sleeves to get the work done, calling constituents at inappropriate hours of the night, or refusing to take responsibility for their own actions leaves this current employee dismayed, unimpressed and regretful for signing an offer letter. TriNet leadership has successfully convinced itself (with incorrect rationale) they are further along as an enterprise than they actually are. Therein lies the disconnect.

Remove individuals who don’t believe in a transparent work environment. Choose leadership who has holistic and job relevant competencies. Consider diversification of top leadership and board of directors. Vet out leadership candidates more thoroughly with regards to culture fit, and ensure the language they leverage to lead colleagues aligns with TriNet's business practices. Audit current business models, behaviors & acumen of all leadership (regardless of tenure & role). Remove preferential blinders when evaluating current colleagues. Corporate politics must end. These tactics are destroying the very infrastructure you’re trying to build and establish. Consider contracting out an auditing process of leadership evaluation to an outside source. An internal auditing process is too biased. Ensure new leadership does not repeat tyrannical & controlling behavior exhibited in previous organizations.
    It’s a tough journey to maintain legitimately strong core values developed at the birth of a company (though they must evolve over time). To contend for these values, a company must make a concerted effort, daily, when they're trying to build something they want to last for years. Alas- that is the very burden any CEO and his/her Senior Leaders must carry. Remain vigilant and true. Never compromising, but always open to introspection and professional development.

Specialist for Ambrose Group in NYC

Current Employee - Specialist  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at TriNet Group as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Laid back office environment and ability to work from home when needed. The people are great and lots of random giveaways and food in pantry.

Cons

Going through a transition phase and lots of reorganization.

Great Sales Organization, Raleigh NC

Current Employee - Regional Sales Consultant Passport  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Consultant Passport in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been at TriNet over a year and I am extremely happy with the Sales Leadership and experience. TriNet is very fair with sales people, patient, and the leadership is always looking for ways to make you a success. They are always asking how they can help. Compensation is excellent and the culture is the best I've been in in years. PEO Sales is challenging, however leaders here find a way to make it fun and rewarding.

Cons

No cons to report. This is a great company.

Keep the dynamic, challenging and rewarding culture. Keep staying on the ground with front line consultants. As TriNet grows, hold on to the entrepreneurial spirit.

Overworked, underpaid.

Current Employee - Human Capital Consultant  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Human Capital Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great teams, smart people, good environment

Cons

Lack of opportunities to move upward or horizontal, long hours and too many clients, no work-life balance unless you are at a higher level.

Rewarding employees for hard work is meaningful.

Sales for white-male team players, micro-middle-managers playing favorites, metrics are "the" conversation.

Current Employee - RSC  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - RSC in New York, NY

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary ($80-$90K), good customer products and modern customer services.

Cons

Offer a free blackberry phones (?huh)
    Using a Dell laptop, weighs >20lbs, keyboards often fail and stick.
    Office is open space, not enough privacy, no barriers or cubicles to buffer noise.
    Atmosphere is "sophomoric", managers try to sell company "line" and expect you to buy it.
    Too many loud voices that carry during cold calling.
    Middle managers request forecast reports every week, sometimes 2x per week (annoying!)
    Forecasting is a masochistic ritual Q&A session, often in front of peers, trial by humiliation type of leadership.
    Sales are being driven by weekly & monthly metrics - promotes anxiety and lots of cheating.
    Mentors are helpful at first but self-serving by the end of training period.
    Middle managers are lecturing from high up, and not "down in the trenches" and feeling the pain.
    This job is hard, you can make money, expect to only close 1-2 deals a month, need thick skin because it's very shark tanky out in the field - between reps in opposing verticals and reps who want to sell to all markets.

Lead by creating content at weekly team meetings.
    Stop flogging sales team with metrics and "yes sir" type of autocratic conversations.
    Provide new information - e.g. finding the right client, how to network and where, what to look for in company profiles, talking to "c" level clients...etc.
    Instill energy, passion, and encourage creativity - isn't that why you originally hired us?
    Don't suck the life out of the job by hyper focus on forecasting numbers.
    Remember to mentor and teach, be informative "getting pipeline filled up, steps 1-10, or group think for new ideas"

If you don't understand your own vertical market and only know PEO, just admit it, come down from perch and go out and find the answers. Bring back the real analysts and guest speakers who will increase ROI at those weekly sales meetings. Just because you have been doing PEO for 25+ years, makes you good at selling HR, but does not make you good at or relevant in todays environment with social media, and selling to today's savvy buyer, tech market and more highly defined verticals.
    Bring something "new" to the table instead of "old style" brute force and bullying style management.
    Recognize diversity, individualism and creativity - don't stifle it!

TriNet Group Response

Aug 11, 2014Public Relations

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Whether employee feedback is positive or negative, we always listen and respond to current and former employees. TriNet is in a period of ... More

An amazing company

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined TriNet as a fresher after school and my Manager helped me so much in mentoring me, advising me with good tips..Very Happy to work at TriNet

Cons

Please monitor each an every employee so much that each resource should be well utilized when the company provides such good options..

TriNet Group Response

Jul 17, 2014Public Relations

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy to hear you had a wonderful manager and hope we continue to support your career and life goals!

Solid Company ,great benefits.

Current Employee - Regional Sales Consultant  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

These guys take care of their employees. Great benefits, time off, and compensation. Good company culture. Nice office, at least in Charlotte.

Cons

Super Corporate. Very large company with many different rules and regulations. Management lacks vision and overall structure. I have 3 bosses and none of them know what I do. Everyone is worked to -the-max. Most folks are overworked so service lacks

Pull up your sleeves and get in the trenches for a day. People, process, product.

Worked for TriNet Group? Contribute to the Community!