TriNet Group Reviews

Updated October 21, 2014
3.3

TriNet Group President, CEO, and Director Burton M. Goldfield
Burton M. Goldfield

Pros
  • Good benefits, competitive compensation package (in 5 reviews)

• The company is growing rapidly and you need to be able to adapt to a lot of change (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • They could care less if we make money, if we have work-life balance, if we want to establish a career with the company, etc (in 4 reviews)

• Lack of opportunities to move upward or horizontal, long hours and too many clients, no work-life balance unless you are at a higher level (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Don't Use them for your Benefits!

I have been working at TriNet Group

Pros

none that I can think of

Cons

I get a different answer every time I call them with a question depending on whom I speak with. They could not even do the math correctly to figure out how much to deduct from my HSA, gave me misinformation about both vision insurance and 401k information, and in both of those instances, pointed the finger at the other entity, VSP vision insurance, and Transamerica, the company they use for 401k accounts. Each time I had to request a 3 way call with TriNet and the company they were trying to pin the blame on for the errors.

Prior to this I also interviewed for a sales position there and found both the outside recruiter they used and the hiring manager to be extremely unprofessional.

spare

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time

Pros

higher base salary they other companies in hr outsourcing industry

Cons

lack of integrity with upper management

This is the place to be if you are a workaholic!

Former Employee - Senior Human Capital Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Human Capital Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at TriNet Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits (but you earn it!)
    Won't find job variety any place like this industry

Cons

unrealistic work load expectations by management
    Need to decide if job is sales or customer service or human resources - there is not time for all

stop pretending you believe in work-life balance.....you don't set the example!

Loved it until last 8 months

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

I worked at TriNet Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Family oriented environment even though it is a large company
    Growth opportunities for most
    CEO and Executive leadership involvement
    Holiday party
    Employee appreciation days

Cons

No work-life balance
    Compensation low
    Poor middle/senior management in some areas
    Lack of organization on some teams

I absolutely loved working at TriNet for most of my tenure. Burton's positivity and vision for the future was infectious. I definitely drank the Kool-aide, and I still believe the company will be great. Most of the employees and management are wonderful. I should know as I worked with numerous individual contributors and leaders during my time. While, I would still love to be employed there it was clear to me that even though I was a top performer (and recognized for it too), politics would always stand in the way of me gaining a well deserved pay raise and promotion. I was paid the lowest salary on my team but did twice the work of my colleagues, numbers do not lie. While I was told by my Director and Sr. Manager I would get a raise and promotion on numerous occasions, that did not happen. Instead they promoted someone who had been there only a short period. Myself and colleagues were pretty disgusted at the way our senior leadership treated me. Many of them would like to exit as well.

Some day I would love to go back, but not until the leadership on my team is gone, and there is more organization. Do not let my review detour you from going to work for the company, as there is a lot of change going on. I think the bad apples will not be there long.

Software Engineer

I have been working at TriNet Group

Pros

Amazing company..This company is the best..The only drawback I see is that this company pays good but hires resources without a good interview technical process which is not good for company.

Cons

need a lot of good resources and please interview the resources a lot before hiring them,,,

Perception & Reality: The disconnect

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

my peers; compensation structure; work equipment, the help desk

Cons

Leadership lacks self-awareness. Having come from upstanding honorable Fortune® 200 companies who clearly understand how a corporation should function, it’s painfully obvious to see where there is an extreme chasm between TriNet’s vernacular and business acumen, ethics and mantra. When leadership prides itself and boldly brags about promoting an environment of team collaboration, helping others achieve their ambitions as well as a “we’re in this together” attitude, to observe insecure & detached leaders react to challenging/stressful situations (regardless of department) by throwing the very people “they’re commitment to” under the bus, scheduling “fire drill” meetings and not attending, refusing to roll up their very own sleeves to get the work done, calling constituents at inappropriate hours of the night, or refusing to take responsibility for their own actions leaves this current employee dismayed, unimpressed and regretful for signing an offer letter. TriNet leadership has successfully convinced itself (with incorrect rationale) they are further along as an enterprise than they actually are. Therein lies the disconnect.

Remove individuals who don’t believe in a transparent work environment. Choose leadership who has holistic and job relevant competencies. Consider diversification of top leadership and board of directors. Vet out leadership candidates more thoroughly with regards to culture fit, and ensure the language they leverage to lead colleagues aligns with TriNet's business practices. Audit current business models, behaviors & acumen of all leadership (regardless of tenure & role). Remove preferential blinders when evaluating current colleagues. Corporate politics must end. These tactics are destroying the very infrastructure you’re trying to build and establish. Consider contracting out an auditing process of leadership evaluation to an outside source. An internal auditing process is too biased. Ensure new leadership does not repeat tyrannical & controlling behavior exhibited in previous organizations.
    It’s a tough journey to maintain legitimately strong core values developed at the birth of a company (though they must evolve over time). To contend for these values, a company must make a concerted effort, daily, when they're trying to build something they want to last for years. Alas- that is the very burden any CEO and his/her Senior Leaders must carry. Remain vigilant and true. Never compromising, but always open to introspection and professional development.

TriNet Group Response

Sep 24, 2014Public Relations

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and suggesting ways we might improve our organization. You are correct; the burden of any CEO and leadership team to build an enduring company ... More

Long Term Product Manager

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Leandro, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Leandro, CA

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The opportunity is vast. There is much to be done and we are making great strides to better our offering.

Cons

The company is growing rapidly and is cautious about investing in more headcount. This makes progress slower than it could be.

The budget and value of training and building in the workers should be viewed as a must. It is impossible to keep expecting 120% out of your staff without any action to help with training or backups.

Specialist for Ambrose Group in NYC

Current Employee - Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at TriNet Group as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Laid back office environment and ability to work from home when needed. The people are great and lots of random giveaways and food in pantry.

Cons

Going through a transition phase and lots of reorganization.

Making Ambitions Realized

Former Employee - Regional Sales Consultant in South Florida, FL
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Consultant in South Florida, FL

I worked at TriNet Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great corporate environment for those that would like to engage in Professional Employer Organization (PEO) sales. Company supports regional managers in the overall sales activities targeting special vertical markets. TriNet provides employees with the opportunity to grow in the field with many corporate tools and sponsorship.

Cons

Long sales process at times.

consultant

Current Employee - PEC in Port St Lucie, FL
    Current Employee - PEC in Port St Lucie, FL

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Not much right now thank you.

Cons

Not much right now thank you,

na