TriNet Group Reviews

Reset
3.5
TriNet Group President, CEO, and Director Burton M. Goldfield
Burton M. Goldfield

Pros
  • TriNet offers good pay and good benefits (in 5 reviews)

• The company is growing rapidly and you need to be able to adapt to a lot of change (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The hours and workload can be too much there is no work life balance (in 4 reviews)

• You will work hard and long hours building your network and contacts (in 6 reviews)

1. TriNet Interview Process

Pros

Professional, seemless and very well organized.

Cons

I have no cons whatsoever to speak of.

company in disarray

Pros

flexibility. pay.work from home. Benefits

Cons

Management is terrible. Sales team are like pushy used car salesman

Advice to Management

Get new management

You will work 60 hours per week

Former Employee - Senior Human Capital Consultant in Concord, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Human Capital Consultant in Concord, CA

I worked at TriNet Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You work very hard and life becomes entwined with work. If you love this type of life, you with thrive greatly.

Cons

I slept with my phone by my side every night and checked my emails as soon as I woke up each day. Very difficult to step away and focus on family.

Advice to Management

At some point, you will have to assess whether the health and welfare of employees is as important as the clients dollar. I hear from current and past employees often and things do not seem to get better, just more difficult.

Sea

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Bradenton, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Bradenton, FL

I worked at TriNet Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good opportunity, pleasing working environment. Co-works friendly and most helpful. The training is better than average and they definitely want you to be equipped for success. The technology to support your efforts is above average.

Cons

Very bus dress environment . Not necessary. If you are older than 35 you will probably not be considered for employment. Culture caters to those in their 20's and thirties. They are not as diverse as they want you to believe. The hiring managers think they are being progressive in hiring most younger work force but what they are actually doing is supporting ageism. Having a a more age diverse environment would help in their sales initiatives and keeping it real.... I am 30 and was aware of this....

Advice to Management

Be more diverse in hiring .... Hiring managers need more training in discrimination.

Quality Assurance Engineer II

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverview, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverview, FL

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dress code is extremely flexible. Work life balance is not too bad. All depends on the manager's moods that week.

Cons

No room for advancement in QA area, you are stuck. If you are from another country IE (India or middle Eastern), you stand a better chance in getting bumped up within the company or getting a better position. The salary is way below QA paying standards.

Advice to Management

Take classes to learn how to manage other Engineers and stop trying to wing everything especially when you don't know the answer to the questions/problems.

7. Lots of Career Development Opportunities!

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing people and teams, Fantastic culture, Freedom to do what you are passionate about, Cheerful and fast-paced work environment. You can make a real impact here. There are so many open channels in the company that allow you to talk to the CEO directly. I can see myself grow my career quickly with a variety of training and development opportunities made available to 100% of employees. I'm so excited to be here.

Cons

Work-life balance could be an issue during busy times. System.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Dissappointing

I have been working at TriNet Group (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people who are passionate, caring, and professional at the lower levels. Great benefits, fun programs (when they can get their act together)...mostly it's the people and the great product idea.

Cons

New VP of HR is unimpressive and pushing a culture of 80+ hr work weeks, doesn't know her HR, and is generally unprofessional, hugging employees, talking down like they're her kids, doesn't give an impression of knowing HR. Lack of product development has lead too many clients to other companies, and it's hard to be measured on client retention if they're leaving because of technology and not my service (though new CTO is promising)

Advice to Management

Look at the culture that's being created and decide if you want it - and if you do, then pay for the incredible amount of overtime demanded.

Aug 17, 2015 – HR Communications & Learning Specialist

Thanks for the feedback. We will take this feedback to the team and address it properly. We appreciate your attention to TriNet and expect great things happening with us!

It's just a job, I don't feel it's a career

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are all nice. With one mission to produce.

Cons

Managers need to communicate more with their team members. More meetings would be beneficial rather than getting thrown to the wolves.

Advice to Management

Sit down with each sales rep and help them one on one. Spend a day with each rep rather than bash them and degrade them. Get to the route of the problem what's not working. Offer assistance. Communicate better from upper management. I had 5 deals go south this year b/c the underwriting department shut them down. Now I'm on probation. Hey I'm bringing in quality companies it's the underwriters that keep shooting them down. My manager does not make me aware of what's going on...

10. So so. I once had the desire however I constantly get disappointed with the structure.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

I have been working at TriNet Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The bonds that you make there.

Cons

Pay, the work structure does not always flow properly.

Advice to Management

Get it together.

Aug 14, 2015 – HR Communications & Learning Specialist

Thank you for your input. As we continue to grow, we take our employee feedback very seriously, and continue to improve our processes and solidify structures. Please feel free to reach out to the ... More

11. Great Opportunities But Some Growing Pains

Current Employee - Manager in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

Having been with the company for coming up on 10 years, I can say that growth and new opportunities abound at TriNet. Despite growing pains and the problems involved with growth there is a true sense of comradery between team members. The company also strives to recognize the strength in diversity.

Cons

As with any growing company silos exist and sometimes it is difficult to find the right person or persons needed to address a problem. Based on what I am seeing in the current market, pay rates and job titles are not necessarily commensurate with the skill level required. There seems to be some disparity depending upon which functional area the employees work in.

Advice to Management

Help to develop a sense of open communication throughout the organization and at every level (up, down, and lateral). Complete a thorough review of market skills versus job duties and pay scale and develop a plan to level both titles and pay grades appropriately.

Aug 14, 2015 – HR Communications & Learning Specialist

Thank you for your positive review. We are glad that you are having a great experience at TriNet and we appreciate your hard work and long tenure with the company. We work very hard to create a ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed