TriQuint

TriQuint Reviews

Updated Jun 22, 2014

TriQuint President & CEO Ralph Quinsey

Ralph Quinsey

Pros:
  • "Excellent work life balance in general"
    in 5 reviews
  • "good working environment, good people"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:

Reviews

I have a blast time 19 years working there.

Prod Operator Lead/Information Systems Tech (Former Employee)
    Hillsboro, OR

ProsI've worked with awesome guys small team of systems analysis, supported other engineering and production teams. The guys I've worked with were very supported with family emergency and open to job training opportunities. When my dad was sick and was diagnose at severe stage of cancer, I had to be on call 24/7 for family emergency my working hours were allowed to be flexible. The best areas to work is Final Test and Engineering.

ConsIn an operator view, Fab production managements play too many politics games, is power trip and pick favoritism. They are not supportive and the people culture environment is to tense. They do not give the operators the empowerments and the flexibility to become more of a team player. They tend to over us COMMAND and CONTROL leadership styles.

Advice to Senior ManagementFab management leadership style "COMMAND and CONTROL" is the old legacy. They should give their operators the empowerment to work more freely and soon the output results you need will be at your dream.
    Fab management should learn the leadership style with Final Test management.

Great Company- Terrible Management in Texas(Richardson) Branch!

Operations Specialist V (Current Employee)
    Richardson, TX

ProsGood pay, great Benefits, wanted to retire here

ConsCannot believe how I was treated just because of one person in Management! In 6 years 6 Perfect reviews, 5 nice raises(1 year none but still received stock options), Company turns a Blind Eye to its own "Code of Ethics" allowing managers to be in direct supervision over family members!

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow your own guidelines because one day you will have to answer to a higher authority.

Layout Designer

Hillsboro, OR

ProsGood People that work Hard.

ConsLittle Support from Upper Management.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen training on tools are needed, then give the training.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't Rock The Boat Mentality

Design Engineering (Former Employee)
    Richardson, TX

ProsReward longevity...3 week sabbatical for 5 years service. Enough time for self-improvement. Great place to kick back, get experience, make contacts and then move on. You'll meet life-long talented friends for life here. Very informal atmosphere.

ConsOnce a supervisor gets a position, it's for life. Encouraging participation in CPI out loud but actually when someone demonstrates better ways of doing something they get shut down HARD! Efficiency and high standards are preached but not practiced. Big time "don't rock the boat mentality" from day one. The contributor level employees are still not involved in the goal setting process (but the VP says they are trying to change that). At least two software packages they use in production haven't been supported in decades. Cliques just like high school. Unorofessional

Advice to Senior ManagementYour Quality manager has a hard time keeping his department at full staff. Weed out the old timers in the design department who are anchoring your business in the 90's. Don't just talk about cross department co-operation, reward it. Also reward managers for changes and encourage standards.

Laser and Saw's Programmer and Trainer did Operator of WEI wet Bench all microscope inspection and inventory control JOT

Laser Ans Saw's Programmer and Trainer (Former Employee)
    Hillsboro, OR

ProsGetting to work and use my Leadership Skill in Training and Development of a successful team. Great people
    to work with.

ConsNo room for Advancement, some Leads are gods there, not certified to do the job in the area

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people that are doing the job.

A good place to work, lots to do but not too hectic.

Design Engineer (Former Employee)
    Santa Rosa, CA

ProsGreat people, good tools, interesting work. An example of the caliber of folks working there: they have a 'gift of time off' policy and when one of my coworkers at another site missed a lot of work due to medical issues they were 'gifted' enough days off so they did not miss a day of pay in six months off.

ConsBenefits keep slipping over time, not as stable a workplace as it was (layoffs to repackage the company for a 'merger').

Good culture, terrible systems

Hillsboro, OR

ProsNice friendly place to work. Employees care about the company and want to do the right thing.

ConsSoftware runs most companies. TriQuint management seems fine running core aspects of the business using Excel spreadsheets, Access 97, and home-grown, non--integrated databases as long as they get the information they need.

Advice to Senior ManagementDesign wins require more than R&D spending. In order to be first to market you need solid, capable systems to support your people. TriQuint must invest in better execution and delivery systems in order to compete in fast moving global markets. You can't grow the business by hiring people to manually do work that should be automated using computers. Dump the spreadsheets and departmental point solutions and invest globally.

The Florida facility is a great place to work

Process Engineer (Former Employee)
    Apopka, FL

ProsDesign Engineers are friendly. The guys in the trenches- Operators & Techs are best I have worked with. Company has hired very capable Process Engineers in FL from Agere Systems/ Lucent Technologies/ Bell Labs/ AT&T. CEO calls to greet you on your Birthday.

ConsCommodity business. The 3 levers are cost, quality, and service. The company is trying to improve the quality through initiatives like Zero Defects to lower cost.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to employees below middle management directly, this way you correctly reward your top 20% and bottom 10%. Consider moving the SAW process to 6".Thanks for the ride, it was a blast!

The Oregon facility is a great place to work

Process Engineer (Former Employee)
    Portland, OR

ProsPlenty of great projects to work on, lots of "low hanging fruit" to harvest

ConsThey are going thru a merger with RFMD, perhaps because the technical management did not make every best decision just right. In that business ya might have to be right most of the time if you want to succeed. Tough business to be in.

Advice to Senior ManagementBest of luck with the merger

Management lost total control and confidence of workers. No wonder company was bought out.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat co-workers and interesting work.

ConsUpper management has allowed to a great company to plummet !

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace them. Barring that at least rein in the rampant favoritism.

Worked for TriQuint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TriQuint reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TriQuint CEO Ralph Quinsey. All 63 reviews posted anonymously by TriQuint employees.