TriQuint Reviews

Reset

1. Great place to work and I would highly recomend TriQuint

Former Employee - Senior RF Test Engineer in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Senior RF Test Engineer in Richardson, TX

I worked at TriQuint full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

TriQuint rewards good work with stock options.

Cons

It is a smaller corporation.

Advice to Management

Pleas do not change your relations ships with your employees. Do not become the minute pinching large corporation that drives the employees.

2. Operator

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at TriQuint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers. 12 hour shifts fly by depending upon what area you work in. Training was mostly OJT which I fully support. Engineering staff was helpful and open to suggestions.

Cons

Maintenance was spotty at best. As an operator count on tools going down and maybe receiving a quick fix at best. They don't want to spend money on the older equipment. Management has a way of letting their hardest working employees stagnate in their current positions because they can't afford to promote their highest producers. The layoff period for this company has seemed to come to an end for full time staff but the way temps are treated here is like gold one day and dirt the next.

Advice to Management

Praise goes a long way towards keeping your employees happy. Recognize your employees who are moving the most WiP...

3. Great technology

Current Employee - Manager in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Manager in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at TriQuint full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Working on the leading edge of technology keeps things interesting. Flexible work hours allows good work/life balance.Good benefits.

Cons

Project priorities seem to change a lot without much communication as to why. It can be somewhat distracting at times.

5. Good for its employees, but need accountability

Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at TriQuint full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good compensation, retain employees, exciting work, mid-size company (growth opportunity)

Cons

Little accountability, communication up for improvement

6. TQT Review

I have been working at TriQuint full-time

Pros

ok place to work in oregon

Cons

none that I can think now

Advice to Management

none

7. It was okay place to work

I have been working at TriQuint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

compass shifts, great operators and techs

Cons

Triquint keep repeating the same mistake

8. GOOD PLACE TO WORK

I have been working at TriQuint full-time

Pros

salary,benefits,management,career advance, education assistance,time-oof,sabbatical etc. are very competitive.

Cons

There is greater uncertainty of semiconductor jobs,

9. Decent company in a growth-less industry

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I worked at TriQuint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, fairly good work-life balance.

Cons

Top people are high C or low B at best. No options to grow career.

10. I have a blast time 19 years working there.

Former Employee - Prod Operator Lead/Information Systems Tech in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Prod Operator Lead/Information Systems Tech in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at TriQuint full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked with awesome guys small team of systems analysis, supported other engineering and production teams. The guys I've worked with were very supported with family emergency and open to job training opportunities. When my dad was sick and was diagnose at severe stage of cancer, I had to be on call 24/7 for family emergency my working hours were allowed to be flexible. The best areas to work is Final Test and Engineering.

Cons

In an operator view, Fab production managements play too many politics games, is power trip and pick favoritism. They are not supportive and the people culture environment is to tense. They do not give the operators the empowerments and the flexibility to become more of a team player. They tend to over us COMMAND and CONTROL leadership styles.

Advice to Management

Fab management leadership style "COMMAND and CONTROL" is the old legacy. They should give their operators the empowerment to work more freely and soon the output results you need will be at your dream. Fab management should learn the leadership style with Final Test management.

The Florida fab is an island (hopefully it sinks sooner rather than later for TQ and RFMD). Don't go there!!

Former Employee - Equipment Tech in Apopka, FL
    Former Employee - Equipment Tech in Apopka, FL

I worked at TriQuint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Average pay and benefits. If you have to live in or are ok with Florida, it might work if you lower your standards. They don't sweat training, safety, protocol, cleanliness, 5s, organization, pass downs, or good documentation. Wait, maybe these are cons! You will find some decent people but they unfortunately were not in my immediate work area.

Cons

It's not a real fab; 4 inch wafers. You find yourself stuck in the early 1990's. One story and not the normal three stories of a real, world class fab. A few tools are somewhat modern but you're mostly stuck in last century. Biggest problem is people. The equipment "technicians" are mostly former operators or process techs would lack the pedigree of a real tech that can truly diagnose and fix problems. Fortunately for them there is heavy reliance on a couple equipment vendors; problem being that they aren't so sharp either. They sure think highly of themselves though. The "engineers" might be decent techs at a real fab; key word there is "might". The poor engineer has to have his hand in every pie since he has to compensate for lack of quality technicians....ie do not think for yourself and check with him for any decision, action plan, or anything. They are not used to having new people come on board; you will not be warmly welcomed or given good training or orientation. Those folks are too busy web surfing, talking about their weekend, etc. Technicians sit in and are part of the interview process of prospective techs, engineers, and even managers. Since many have never been in a real fab, they are clueless on asking proper and relevant questions. And it emboldens them & makes them feel important. Needless to say, only locals or people looking to escape a different TriQuint fab are going there. And there is the good 'ol boy system. A PhD working for a guy lacking a 4 year degree simply due to that guy knowing someone up the chain somewhere. That "guy" is making some bad decisions and of course he thinks he's a god. English is not the dominant language in the hallways. Operators are mostly temps. Too many older, heavier, lazier people for my liking.

Advice to Management

Hopefully the Florida "fab" gets closed as part of the merger with RFMD. Expanding that dump at high cost while retaining that group of employees is not a good plan. Maybe the designers on the second floor are doing good things, but that first floor fab is a mess. Consider moving operations to a real building in a city where there is real talent instead of having to import that talent to central Florida (oh by the way, a pretty shady place).

RSS Feed </> Embed