TriTech Software Systems

Chris Maloney

12-Year Employee Perspective

Marketing (Current Employee)
Decorah, IA

I have been working at TriTech Software Systems full-time for more than 10 years

ProsCompany stability, leader in industry, customer-service focused, positive attitude toward continued employee training and excellence, strong and diverse company leaders, software and service to be proud of in a public safety industry which serves the safety needs of citizens

Conswith five different 'corporate cultures' blending into one, it is taking some time for all 350 of us to 'get on the same page' - but I see it happening and realize it takes time.

Advice to Senior Managementspending more time with 'front line' employees

Going downhill

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at TriTech Software Systems full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWorking with sincere people that really want to enhance CAD systems. TSS is a good CAD system.

ConsNot so quick to adopt newer technology. R&D work is way behind current technology. Many managers have no experience in the emergency services field and really don't understand customer needs. New company management is running out the higher salaried employees and opting to outsource services.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to lower level employees that are in touch with the clients needs.

Company is successful no matter how hard they try to fail.

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at TriTech Software Systems full-time

ProsThe early days. Like 1995 early days. Great developers, long hours, lots of after-hours fun. Lots of opportunities too. Working at Tritech was a like being at a frat house.

ConsA president too rich for his own good. He's the CEO now. He's somehow always right, and when he isn't, it's someone else's fault.

Trouble rolls all the way down hill at this company, few in the management have the will to take responsibility for their own bad decisions.

Technology that should have been gone 10 years ago lingers on in a half-life. Why a competent competitor has not surfaced is beyond comprehension.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to management got me in trouble. They wouldn't listen anyway.

So-so company.

San Diego, CA

I have been working at TriTech Software Systems as a contractor for less than a year

ProsMost of my coworkers are nice people. Some of them even tried to invite me to social events as a "date" when I didn't receive invitation from the management.

ConsI worked at Tritech as a contractor for several months. I was immediately surprised by the complete lack of flexibility. You are supposed to work exactly 8 hours every day; come at the same time, leave at the same time, have exactly one 1-hour break. If you need for some reason to leave the workplace even for 15 minutes, you need to get the manager approval and mark the calendar - and this is for everybody, even permanent employees. As I am a contractor, I was not invited for most of social events by the company management. Despite disliking this, I was telling the recruiters who called me that I have a commitment to finish the contract with the company. Unfortunately, the company management has different standards. On December 17, most of the contractors got 2 weeks notice (good luck finding a job during Christmas and New Year).
Other:
The technology is a little outdated and complicated without a reason.
People and teams compete with each other, so a lot of politics is going on.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the commitments. Treat people better.

Flag Review

TriTech Software Systems Talent Acquisition Manager responded to this review

Dec 27, 2013

TriTech prides itself on having a team of dedicated professionals who work together to create an exceptional product that makes a difference in people’s lives. We are recognized as an industry leader ... More

LOVE, love love it here!

I have been working at TriTech Software Systems full-time for more than a year

ProsEndless opportunities, competitive pay & benies, senior management really makes the effort to make it a grood place to work, casual dress, friendly, professional & intelligent co-workers, get to make a difference in the lives of many via the products we offer.

ConsSome people are possessive of knowledge when sharing it would make all of us stronger. We have too many meetings and stress is high. Lots of ovetime in many departments

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out amoung the employees more often - even if its via video.

Expanding and successful company with one of the best product on the market and incredible opportunity to grow.

Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at TriTech Software Systems full-time for less than a year

ProsFriendly people, entrepreneurial mindset, ideal size, diverse group of staff, cutting edge technology, mission driven, account managers that are really dedicated to their team, strong ethics, approachable executives.

ConsGrowing pains, new culture, staff all across the US, difficult industry

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue making TriTech the place that everyone wants to work, keep up the fun but meaningful work atmosphere. Continue to listen to your employees when it comes to how to make the work environment challenging but encouraging.

Two Year Review

I have been working at TriTech Software Systems full-time for more than a year

ProsSolid and profitable company
Growing and winning new business
Open door policy
Career growth opportunities
Leading the public safety industry
Upgrading all product lines in technology and features
Aquiring new technology that increases deal size
Unifying the best procedures and processes from each location across all of the locations
Launching a new employee engagement plan to boost company togetherness and idea sharing

Cons5 companies have been combined over the last 6 years so there is some disparity among policies and practices
The public safety market has not been growing in 2011 and 2012 - looks like it is turning around in 2013
There has been some turnover due to loss of former company name, uncertainty in the market and new management in some areas
The new management team has only been working together for a year - made up of members from the 5 companies so it has taken some time to get on the same page and work well together

Advice to Senior ManagementSoftware companies most valuable asset is the people and the knowledge they have about the products and customers. Management needs to look for ways to make everyone be a part of the future and make sure good ideas are encouraged and acted upon. Everyone needs to feel their role makes a difference in the company and they are a contributor to its success.

Okay place to work if you can adapt to cliquish environment

I have been working at TriTech Software Systems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsInteresting industry/Competitive Salaries and Benefits/Casual work environment/Stable Company

Cons-Workload has substantially increased with the recent acquisitions with some departments severely short staffed.
-Inconsistent processes among divisions.
-Cliquish environment and a lot of gossip by employees who have been at the company for a long time.
-Lack of communication between divisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should do a better job of establishing a collaborative working environment and address employee morale. Management should also investigate the high turnover that certain departments experience.

Worst Company to choose as Employment

I have been working at TriTech Software Systems full-time

ProsThere isn't much of a pro that can be stated in regards to Tritech Software Systems other than the fact that their run of the mill, benefit program for employees isn't too bad. You will be provided with a 401k and health benefits, none of which is beyond mediocre at best.

ConsWhat can be said about Tritech that hasn't been said already within its own industry. The company is a horrendous place both internally and externally. As stated previously, middle management is atrocious, you will be asked to complete daily task after task and the employees will learn to perform the bare minimum in an attempt to reduce the workflow.

Stress levels are high and management does not concern themselves with improving the conditions or moral.

It is a deep concern of mine that this software is provided to our public safety, the company barely tests their own software before deploying it out into the public and oversees outsourced engineers to work on the coding to reduce cost. Each upgrade is plagued with endless issues. As a Software Engineer, your daily task will be scrutinized and you will have less and less privileges allowed to you. The company used to allow a flexible work from home environment but now requires everyone to be present throughout the work week. There has also not been a merit increase or bonus within the past two years.

Do not work here, if you are a talented individual, do yourself a favor and continue looking for employment elsewhere.

Communication is Lacking

Portfolio Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at TriTech Software Systems full-time for less than a year

ProsStrong processes, but this also keeps employees from doing their best work because the processes slow down project delivery. Employees are friendly and many, but not all, are willing to help new employees.

ConsVery Hierarchical. Very little access to management. Mid-level management is not interested in sharing information or fulfilling requests from underlings. Many requests go unacknowledged. Few growth opportunities for those looking to advance in their career.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward responsiveness to employee requests. Some employees are rewarded for ignoring other groups within the organization.

Worked for TriTech Software Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TriTech Software Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TriTech Software Systems CEO Chris Maloney. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by TriTech Software Systems employees.