TriVita

Updated Feb 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael R. Ellison

The most innovative and intregous companies in America today!

Independent TriVita Business Owner (Current Employee)

I have been working at TriVita part-time for more than 8 years

ProsAt TriVita everyone has the oppportunity to align with core values that will pay forward to the employees, the sales staff, and the world at large. I meet the most amazing business associates and those people who work on the corporate level work in synergy with the sales/field staff. Thank you to everyone at TriVita --- all of whom make it possible to stand apart from the rest of the crowd!

ConsThe only "con" would be to NOT be involved with this company on some level!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it going...The Ellisons exhibit amazing leadership and are the core of the business.

Good for a season, but only a season

Trivita - WFM (Former Employee)

I worked at TriVita full-time for more than a year

Pros- Great people
- Great vision
- Great values

Cons- Pay could be better
- Too much work for compensation
- Performance Managers are silly and don't know how to lead people
- Always looking out for #1, no teamwork

Advice to Senior ManagementRead a book on leading people, care about peoples needs

Dante's Inferno is preferable I

I worked at TriVita full-time

ProsBenefits, gym, nice office building

ConsExecutive Team = Zero moral, ethic, talent
Marketing Department = No accountability or talent. What is marketing research?
HR = Humanity Ravisher
Management = Bobbleheads

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement, do the employees a favor and resign.

Great products, nice work environment, but needs a little help.

I have been working at TriVita

ProsThey have really great products, the people are great to work with, the work environment is nice and even has a really nice gym.

ConsThey need a better leadership team. It is common practice for the management team to start major projects without doing any market research and are always under very tight deadlines. Once the project gets launched and does not do well in the first few months, they tend to kill the project and start a new one. Makes it very frustrating that for all the hard work and effort that gets put into these projects, that they get killed right away, which makes it difficult to have any real wins and have any sense of accomplish and/or success.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart capturing the right market data so that you can review your customer list and develop persona's that make sense. Target and segment your customers accordingly and put the right tools in place so it makes it easier for the Marketing Team to do this type of work instead of having to rely on IT support.

From a management perspective... Do some house cleaning! Need people that have experience in other organizations that have been successful and know the right tools to help this company become an even better success. Lifers are great and all, but lack the outside/real world experience and are hindering not only themselves, but the company as a whole.

Good company to work for.

I worked at TriVita full-time

ProsEthical company that genuinely cares about people and wellness.

ConsOwner while passionate is not in tune with business and is to involved in day to day decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet Sr. Management make decisions and get rid of the executive team and other team based decision making processes.

Executive Team Out of the Loop

Marketing (Former Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at TriVita full-time for less than a year

ProsCEO Awesome, Nice environment, Great products.

ConsAwful Marketing, IT has no clue and the person that is hoarding all the information refuses to train others to help the department. He literally is killing the company. HR is the biggest leak of information...no confidentiality. It appears that the department heads only are in place to take direction from the CEO. The guy in charge of Legal has no legal background and really has no clue of right or wrong.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart actually managing employees-biggest bummer when employees can sit and collect a check when you are really working for a living.

There is hardly any "care" in CARE...

CARE Center Team Lead (Former Employee)

I worked at TriVita full-time for more than a year

Pros-competitive base pay
-nice location & wellness centre
-discounts on great products

Cons-management & HR catty and manipulative
-environment extremely conservative
-for $13/hr, sales agents are held to ridiculous standards with little reward
-commission is weak

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating the good employees like they don't mean anything to you. You have some extremely intelligent and able people working for you, but you will steer the rest of them away if you keep putting them through so many hoops. You get peoples' hopes up for opportunities only to let them fall through the cracks. The HR department at TriVita is worthless and actually does HARM. Also, it is just embarrassing to keep a fool in a position of power after they send an e-mail to the entire company talking about how they want to leave. Get your ducks in a row... soon.

So Much Potential... If they only had the right Managers

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at TriVita full-time for more than 8 years

ProsIts all about the customers! The building is beautiful, location is great and the people doing the work are amazing! TriVita is the CEO's labor of love, he truly believes in the mission and the purpose of TriVita.

ConsWhile the CEO is the real deal, the managers in place are sadly not qualified to be in their positions. It is a small, family run company that has created an environment and culture that is all about the perception of success rather than actual success. Agents and low level employees are treated poorly, the HR department is a complete liability to the company. IT works hard, but the resources and management is lacking, and the CARE Center (call center) is a complete disaster. No one is held accountable, everyone in management plays the "blame game" As a member of management it is heart breaking to see the abuse of the employees and having no recourse or avenue for which to report or correct, your only option is to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to the purpose and mission of TriVita, follow that with everything you've got. This is what will make you successful, not seeking out and reporting on how many errors or issues another department made with no interest in being part of the solution. I would seriously think about the leadership in CARE and consider cleaning house. I would also highly recommend hiring someone in HR that understands what Human Resources is and who can start to build that trust back in the department.

Overall, a good place to work

Web Developer (Current Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at TriVita full-time for less than a year

ProsGood culture and team environment.

ConsOld technology. Change is slow moving.

This is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for...

I worked at TriVita

ProsThe mission of the company is impactful and meaningful... it's nice to know you are making a difference in people's lives. The base salaries are very competitive. The physical work environment - the corporate home office - is very high end... nice furniture, nice computer equipment, etc. From the perspective of those individuals looking in from the outside, it seems like an excellent place to work.

ConsExecutive management lacks competency and character. The workplace is full of politics. It is a very reactive environment that operates based on emotion instead of objectivity and logic. Communication is beyond substandard. No one shares information and everyone is preoccupied with covering things up to make themselves look good. It is an extremely stressful environment to work in. The mission of the company is focused on physical, emotional and spiritual well-being, but the company does not walk the talk with its employees. Employees are not recognized for their accomplishments and there is zero employee development or career advancement opportunities. Advancement is only an option if you are related or close to the Ellison family. Although salaries are competitive, it's not worth it... if you are considering a career with TriVita, I would HIGHLY recommend you think twice and seek employment elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to seek constructive feedback from your employees and learn from it.

Worked for TriVita? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TriVita reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TriVita CEO Michael R. Ellison. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by TriVita employees.