TriWest Healthcare Alliance

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

David J Mcintyre Jr

Overall, a good experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey offered opportunity for advancement.

ConsIt is a different company now, due to loss of contract.

It was good Allowed me to help Soldiers dependents while they were on assignment

Clinical Manager Liaison (Current Employee) Fort Leonard Wood, MO

ProsWasa great place to work

ConsHelping Family membet of the sildiers were over seas

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the family informed of where they are and updates to when they will be comong home.

Opportunity of a lifetime

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsCompensation was great, very little office politics, most believed in mission

ConsWork life balance was a challenge

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company dedicated to supporting US Military

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompany culture is geared around Military members and their families. Great support for active military family members as well as retired military.

ConsSome mid-management have no clue as to what those they supervise do on a daily basis.

Not the happiest place on earth

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Puyallup, WA

ProsManagement has recently changed but should never have been hired. There was obviously a lack of understanding of the job and customers so its definitely a pro that he is gone.

ConsNo professionalism, there is no protection for employees from abuse or bad leadership. The people who are in leader positions don't know what they are doing, they don't know how to treat or supervise people and it shows that they dont have the training or experience needed for there jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementCall some of your previous employees and beg them to come back. They knew how to supervise and manage people and processes. Everything ran a whole lot smoother with peopel who knew what they were doing before the contract change.

Overall good experience, good management, good caring for beneficiaries.

ProsSalary / Benefits / PTO / 401k

ConsHR
    Bullying
    Lack of understanding towards those with FMLA or ADA
    Harassment
    Unearthly amount of drama and gossip
    Serious lack of ethics

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing to say here. No point in saying it.

Great people and mission

ProsVery dedicated staff and great mission focus

ConsTypical start up issues. A bit chaotic, but understandable.

Ethical employer that cares about its employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsThis company stands behind it mission of delivering the highest quality service to Service men and women. They have cultivated a patriotic culture where employees also feel called to support our military in the best way possible. If you are patriotic you will love it there. They offer great benefits including fantastic holidays. Most months you will have a three day weekend. You will work hard but they will reward you with a variety of bonuses. Most departments enjoy pot luck lunches and other team building and fun activities. They will be flexible and understanding during a personal crisis such as a serious illness or death in the family. I worked there for over 8 years and would work there again if a position like mine were available.

ConsThe biggest con is that they are a government contractor. Your continued employment is dependent on them retaining the contract they had when you were hired. They lost the TRICARE contract while I worked for them so I lost my job. However they took care of me and the others who lost their jobs with a generous severance package. Since Arizona is a right to work state they were not at all obligated to provide anything let alone generous severance and a payout of accumulated PTO plus more. Some people had accumulated over 400 hours. After working at TriWest I worked for another company who sold to a competitor. Most employees lost their jobs and got nothing. In fact they did not even get paid for their PTO.

A lesser point is that I found the cubicles to be small. It made it difficult to concentrate at times. The office decor is rather dreary for my taste. But these minor points pale in comparison to the company's many merits.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts natural and healthy for friendships to develop among coworkers. But sometimes friendships between coworkers and their subordinates can adversely effect other employees through preferential treatment among other things. One of the challenges of management should be to not allow friendships to effect objectivity in their among employees. Please be aware that this issue can cause a great deal of stress to hard working, valuable employees. Please do what you need to to prevent this situation from occurring and do what you need to to rectify the situation when you learn of its existence.

Positive, fast paced business environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent and hard working co-workers.

ConsLost government contract and went out of business.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain good communication with employees.

Company lost it's integrity

ProsDoesnt seem to be very many anymore. Not a happy place like it used to be.

ConsI know about a few former good employees who aren't being given a chance to come back and work for the company. Their phone calls and emails don't get returned, they aren't given a chance to interview for jobs they used to have and are qualified for. The professionalism and consideration for people doesn't seem to exist with the people who are running the show now.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't ignore good people who were loyal and hard working during the prior contract. Get back the professionalim that you used to have.

Worked for TriWest Healthcare Alliance? Contribute to the Community!