TriWest Healthcare Alliance

Ethical, employee-focused organization

Former Employee - Communications Specialist  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Communications Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at TriWest Healthcare Alliance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

TriWest embodies its mission to serve military members/families. They do a lot to engage, incentivize and reward employees. The organization is built on strong ethics.

Cons

Lots of bureaucracy sometimes, which can make it tough to work efficiently. Tight deadlines seem to be driven by arbitrary internal deadlines rather than customer need.

Keep rewarding employees and making them part of the reason for the company's success.

Patient Services Representative

Former Employee - Patient Services Representatives  in  Puyallup, WA
    Former Employee - Patient Services Representatives in Puyallup, WA

I worked at TriWest Healthcare Alliance full-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved setting appointments for veterans, helping them when I could.

Cons

They had very few resources to allow us to help the vets. They are given one voucher or authorization at a time. If the doctor thought they needed more, a new voucher was needed from the V.A. This could take weeks or months. All we could tell the vet was to keep waiting. If a vet lived too far from someone in our network or had a provider outside their network they just send it back to the V.A. We were not allowed to tell them about resources they had that dramatically cut vet wait times. I'm still not sure why. They also aren't a family friendly company. Very strict and unfeeling when it comes to employee needs outside work. I got tired of having to say no and sorry to vets when I knew there were options for them. I got tired of having no one to call for emergency requests at the V.A. Very negative work environment. Uncaring and unfriendly staff. Got tired of seeing my co-parent downstairs crying due to management treatment. They also change policies every few weeks but get angry when PSR's can't keep it all straight. Leads change often, staff turns over often.

If you put people on the phone to help vets, make sure you give them resources to work with. Right now, PSR's are just there to say sorry politely.

Overall, a good experience.

I worked at TriWest Healthcare Alliance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They offered opportunity for advancement.

Cons

It is a different company now, due to loss of contract.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was good Allowed me to help Soldiers dependents while they were on assignment

Current Employee - Clinical Manager Liaison  in  Fort Leonard Wood, MO
    Current Employee - Clinical Manager Liaison in Fort Leonard Wood, MO

I have been working at TriWest Healthcare Alliance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wasa great place to work

Cons

Helping Family membet of the sildiers were over seas

Keep the family informed of where they are and updates to when they will be comong home.

Opportunity of a lifetime

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at TriWest Healthcare Alliance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Compensation was great, very little office politics, most believed in mission

Cons

Work life balance was a challenge

Company dedicated to supporting US Military

I worked at TriWest Healthcare Alliance

Pros

Company culture is geared around Military members and their families. Great support for active military family members as well as retired military.

Cons

Some mid-management have no clue as to what those they supervise do on a daily basis.

Not the happiest place on earth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Puyallup, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Puyallup, WA

Pros

Management has recently changed but should never have been hired. There was obviously a lack of understanding of the job and customers so its definitely a pro that he is gone.

Cons

No professionalism, there is no protection for employees from abuse or bad leadership. The people who are in leader positions don't know what they are doing, they don't know how to treat or supervise people and it shows that they dont have the training or experience needed for there jobs.

Call some of your previous employees and beg them to come back. They knew how to supervise and manage people and processes. Everything ran a whole lot smoother with peopel who knew what they were doing before the contract change.

Overall good experience, good management, good caring for beneficiaries.

I worked at TriWest Healthcare Alliance

Pros

Salary / Benefits / PTO / 401k
    Most co-workers
    Some supervisors
    Company CEO
    Good morale and integrity

Cons

HR
    Bullying
    Lack of understanding towards those with FMLA or ADA
    Harassment
    Unearthly amount of drama and gossip
    Serious lack of ethics

Nothing to say here. No point in saying it.

Great people and mission

I have been working at TriWest Healthcare Alliance

Pros

Very dedicated staff and great mission focus

Cons

Typical start up issues. A bit chaotic, but understandable.

Ethical employer that cares about its employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at TriWest Healthcare Alliance full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

This company stands behind it mission of delivering the highest quality service to Service men and women. They have cultivated a patriotic culture where employees also feel called to support our military in the best way possible. If you are patriotic you will love it there. They offer great benefits including fantastic holidays. Most months you will have a three day weekend. You will work hard but they will reward you with a variety of bonuses. Most departments enjoy pot luck lunches and other team building and fun activities. They will be flexible and understanding during a personal crisis such as a serious illness or death in the family. I worked there for over 8 years and would work there again if a position like mine were available.

Cons

The biggest con is that they are a government contractor. Your continued employment is dependent on them retaining the contract they had when you were hired. They lost the TRICARE contract while I worked for them so I lost my job. However they took care of me and the others who lost their jobs with a generous severance package. Since Arizona is a right to work state they were not at all obligated to provide anything let alone generous severance and a payout of accumulated PTO plus more. Some people had accumulated over 400 hours. After working at TriWest I worked for another company who sold to a competitor. Most employees lost their jobs and got nothing. In fact they did not even get paid for their PTO.

A lesser point is that I found the cubicles to be small. It made it difficult to concentrate at times. The office decor is rather dreary for my taste. But these minor points pale in comparison to the company's many merits.

Its natural and healthy for friendships to develop among coworkers. But sometimes friendships between coworkers and their subordinates can adversely effect other employees through preferential treatment among other things. One of the challenges of management should be to not allow friendships to effect objectivity in their among employees. Please be aware that this issue can cause a great deal of stress to hard working, valuable employees. Please do what you need to to prevent this situation from occurring and do what you need to to rectify the situation when you learn of its existence.

Worked for TriWest Healthcare Alliance? Contribute to the Community!