TriZetto Reviews

Updated September 12, 2014
Updated September 12, 2014
2.7

Andy Eckert

Pros
  • Hard working people who deserve better management and a work-life balance (in 16 reviews)

• Many great people, delivering complex and multi-threaded projects (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Understaffing causes a less than acceptable work-life balance (in 12 reviews)

• Complete upper management incompetence, and micro management of people and numbers (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

On the right track

I have been working at TriZetto

Pros

For the first time since Margolis stepped down, we are on the right track.

Cons

The morale has been crushed by some big upper management hiring mistakes.

Keep moving forward. Get rid of the crappy bell curve for evaluations. It should be a guideline, not a hard line stance. We already have a morale problem. It is demotivating an will result in a higher turnover and lack of cooperation.

Pretty good run

I have been working at TriZetto full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Challenging assignments and opportunities to innovate.

Cons

Too many mid-level managers. Benefits are pretty weak.

Time to reorganize.

Growing Pains

I have been working at TriZetto

Pros

Great culture. Leadership does seem to care about the associates.

Cons

Changing priorities and lack of a clear "here's how we get it done" strategy.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Upper Management and Senior Leadership have destroyed this company

Former Employee - Consultant I  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Consultant I in Denver, CO

I worked at TriZetto full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

During my time at Trizetto I developed great working relationships with peers and miss them tremendously. But most of the, as I, have moved on. I worked for Trizetto when it had a heartbeat and the people working there had pride, dedication and passion for what they did.

Cons

The heartbeat of Trizetto no longer exist. The passionate and dedicated people are gone. All that is left is a ghost town. Micromanagement is the core focus of leadership with stiff back lashing when 'their' timelines are not met. The company has gone through 3 transformational changes, during my time with the organization. Today you may follow an outlined path for implementation and tomorrow it is completely changed. This is a sure set up for failure and job dissatisfaction (management does not seem to care). Performance reviews are designed to 'not' give you the bonus or increase for your hard work.
    On the 'project' training (baptism by fire) is the methodology for learning the Trizetto way of implementation. New prospects 'be ware' you will be hired and expected to 'hit the ground running' (a quote from a director); You cannot ask leadership for support because they don't have a clue how to assist.

The organization does a great job scouting for talent, why do you brow-beat them to death when they begin working there? The best advise I can give management is 'practice what you preach' and listen the voices of the 'good' people you still have, or they will soon be gone. I agree with the masses who have posted on this site, someone please buy this company while there is still hope and do a clean sweep of leadership.

Good

I have been working at TriZetto

Pros

They have great PTO policy

Cons

Too many process changes in the past couple of years

Great product portfolio potential; terrible management without sincere consideration for employees

I have been working at TriZetto

Pros

The company has grown by acquiring great sets of product portfolio for the market. If the company was managed properly with long term vision in mind, could be awesome.

Cons

Frequent changes in management over the last 5 years-sometime multiple organization within a year. The company operation direction changes accordingly, which exhausts employees.

Company business is important, and so are our clients...but I wish you would pay closer attention to employee with sincerely and empathy, rather than providing benefit and employee programs for the formality sake.

Lots of Potential, But not going to happen with current leadership

Former Employee - Senior Helpdesk Representative  in  Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Helpdesk Representative in Englewood, CO

I worked at TriZetto full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people to work with; depending on position in company, good team atmosphere.

Cons

Silos are still very much a part of TriZetto's company culture. Too much internal office politics interfering with productivity. Teams are too small for certain functions, resulting in employees leaving for better job opportunities because they feel that there is no advancement or because they are burned out..

Care about your employees; don't just give it lip-service. You work your people into the ground, and then act surprised when they quit on you. Treat people like they are expendable and they will abandon you, taking their skills and experience with them. Earn your employees' respect and trust, and they will reciprocate.

We do well in spite of ourselves

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at TriZetto full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Market leader.
    Unlimited time off.
    Good salary and great bonuses, as long as the sales keep rolling in.
    New CEO is saying the right things.

Cons

Little management engagement with remote employees.
    As a whole, the company has rested on its laurels too long as the market leader in insurance ERP software. There has been a long period of complacency where there was little encouragement to improve products or staff knowledge.
    Management focuses on the staff they can see, so Denver is like nirvana, and Phoenix has good support and the rest of the offices and remote employees get the short end of the stick.

Focus on staff development first by talking to them directly, not just surveying them. Then actually develop a plan and follow through with addressing concerns openly.

Trizetto could be very good company to work for given the current state of the Healthcare industry.

Current Employee - Applications Analyst  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Applications Analyst in Englewood, CO

I have been working at TriZetto full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pto, Yearly Bonus, Some good people to work with on some teams.

Cons

Be prepared to Work seven days a week, 12 hours a day. When you are on pager duty you will be tied to your house and are allowed a very short response time back when paged. No extra compensation for pager duty or overtime hours.

Train your employees to do their job, just don't throw to fire. The Project Managers are being moved from Project to Project and have no in depth knowledge of the customers they are in charge of because they move around too much, hence they are leaving the organization for better salaries and jobs.

Beware......

Former Employee - Applications Support Analyst  in  Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Englewood, CO

I worked at TriZetto full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is plenty to learn if one is not shakled to a particular group. Online training is readily available. Appealing location.

Cons

Understaffing causes a less than acceptable work-life balance. Unlimited PTO and sick time, but don't answer your phone! Great place for a political manipulator.

Unless you are selling the company next week, stop burning the employees at both ends and the middle.

Worked for TriZetto? Contribute to the Community!