TriZetto Reviews

Updated October 29, 2014
Updated October 29, 2014
2.6

Andy Eckert

Pros
  • Hard working people who deserve better management and a work-life balance (in 15 reviews)

• Many great people, delivering complex and multi-threaded projects (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Understaffing causes a less than acceptable work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• The morale has been crushed by some big upper management hiring mistakes (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Good place to work and the staff is very friendly. Recommend this location of TriZetto. Can't speak about others

Current Employee - Analyst in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Naperville, IL

I have been working at TriZetto full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Staff has a lot of experienced personnel and flexibility. Small/agile team. Coworkers are very helpful and will go out of there way to assist you.

Cons

Building is somewhat lacking in amenities. PTO is supposedly 'unliminted' but depends on whether your individual manager approves. If you have heavy assignments you find it difficult to actually schedule.

Be willing to pay what it takes to hire people with the necessary skills. Allow people to actually use there 'unliminted' PTO. Everybody knows the policy was changed to benefit the company, not the employees. It's insulting to imply otherwise.

Your experience at TriZetto can depend solely on your manager.

Current Employee - Consultant I in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Consultant I in Denver, CO

I have been working at TriZetto full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I do enjoy working at TriZetto but I have little to compare it to since it is my first job out of college. The training I received was awesome but It wasn't always like that from what I have heard.

My first manager was so helpful and never pushed me too hard but made sure I was kept busy. I was under him for about 2 years until he moved to another position. After that, my new boss was almost the exact opposite kind of manager so I really didn't know how to work with him. He was new to the group so it was easy to keep doing what I had been doing for the past 2 years and after he started gaining trust in me, he stopped being a micro manager and it has been smooth since.

This is just an example of how different your job can be while doing the exact same thing but having a difference person manage what your doing.

Cons

Like I said before, this is my first job out of college but I thought entry level pay way great. It was more than 75% of my college buddies were going to get so I was more than happy about that. Benefits are good but they are not great. Office culture can be fun but there are always some sour apples in the group that can ruin your day. There is such a wide range of people at TriZetto, you will always find people that you can relate to.

I have been with TriZetto for almost 3 years now and every time we have a all company meeting, I feel as it could possibly be my last. There seems to always be something new going on. New CEO, new office, or just recently another company purchasing us. All these things that come up could be promising, but you never know if you are going to walk into work and you are going to be let go out of no where. This happened about a year ago when close to 100 mid-level employees were let go for downsizing. Even though this new merger just happened and they say that everything is going to say the same, I just don't know if I believe that yet. Hopefully it is a bright future for TriZetto.

Make more time for your lower level employees when they reach out for help.

Hostile work environment.

I worked at TriZetto

Pros

Technology, healthcare, location, physical structure.

Cons

Rampant character assassination and corporate bullying.

Put boots on the ground.

Has been very knowledgeable and learned alot about Health care

Current Employee - Director in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Director in Denver, CO

I have been working at TriZetto full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Stable environment can work there a long time .... :)

Cons

Pay is not great and no real place for advancement once you hit Director and up

If you are looking for a job that is long lasting this is it . If your looking for groth as far as career its not that good

I've enjoyed working at TriZetto the past several years

Current Employee - Systems Administrator
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator

I have been working at TriZetto full-time

Pros

The perks are not bad, unlimited PTO and access to decent training.

Cons

Too many re-orgs which breaks up the feeling of raport across offices. Raises have not been great either.

Outsource Warning

I worked at TriZetto full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good job if you don't mind moving to India.

Cons

Positions are being outsourced to India. At least 1/3 of the staff works in India. The company, Cognizant who now owns Trizetto has a strong presence in India and could move more U.S. jobs over there to save $$.

Keep your jobs in the U.S. And quit outsourcing to India.

Work 60 to 70 hrs a week on salery

Current Employee - Help Desk in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Help Desk in Englewood, CO

I have been working at TriZetto full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pros to this job.

Cons

Worst place to work at.

On the right track

I have been working at TriZetto

Pros

For the first time since Margolis stepped down, we are on the right track.

Cons

The morale has been crushed by some big upper management hiring mistakes.

Keep moving forward. Get rid of the crappy bell curve for evaluations. It should be a guideline, not a hard line stance. We already have a morale problem. It is demotivating an will result in a higher turnover and lack of cooperation.

Warning! If you are a good employee, you will be used, abused, under valued, and under appreciated at TriZetto.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant I
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant I

I have been working at TriZetto full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You gain knowledge on TriZetto's software systems that you can use at other completing consulting firms when you leave. You also build relationships with multiple clients that allow you to do work for them after leaving TriZetto. I just gave my two weeks notice to TriZetto and look forward to a blighter future.

Cons

I have been at TriZetto for 3 years. The following are actual facts I personally witnessed and experienced during that time. This company has a High Turnover Rate. The employees are the most unprofessional I have ever worked with. Consultants showing up on client site with khaki pants and a colored t-shirt or plain colored short sleeve shirt = very unprofessional. I always wear a suit. If you are a good employee, great at your job, with great client relationship skills, you will ALWAYS be billable/Full-Time on client site with weekly travel Sunday through last flight out on Friday and NEVER ALLOWED to take PTO. This is NOT a Work-Life Balance company for good employees. Those employees who are mediocre get to reap the benefits of those who are outstanding employees. The mediocre employees get to take frequent PTO and have an enormous amount of bench time/free time. For the good employees, the hours are extensive, often working 60 - 70+ hours per week, not including travel time. The good employees often work on multiple projects simultaneously while the mediocre employees once again are on PTO or sitting on the bench not working at all. Promotions are not based on work, client satisfaction, or metrics being met. They are solely promoted on a "favorites" basis by management only. There were several promoted within TriZetto that DON'T even have ANY Healthcare Background or even a slight inclination of how their own health insurance works, let alone what an EOB is.

This company needs to educate its employees on professionalism and also NOT hire people that do not have healthcare knowledge and experience. This company is the most top heavy company I have ever worked for. There are way too many people delegating and not enough (good) people to do the work. Management needs a major reorganization (again), including multiple dismissals. I hope Cognizant cleans house when they fully acquire TriZetto January 1st, 2015! If VP levels are not achieving their goals, they need to be let go. Management needs to reward those employees that exceed and clients love, and let go of those who do not. It is a detrimental working environment for the good employees to always have to carry the dead weight of incompetent employees. Also, employees need to be able to do anonymous reviews of the managers/directors/leadership. Otherwise, they have no clue in regards to their true performance.

Worst Company I've Ever Worked For!

Former Employee - Technical Analyst Senior in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Technical Analyst Senior in Denver, CO

I worked at TriZetto full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I honestly can't think of any pros to working here.

Cons

Poorly managed company that has no work life balance. You are expected to work evenings and weekends quite often. Employees are tired, stressed, and unfriendly. This creates a high turnover of employees which equates to a lot of newly untrained people and no time to train them: and the cycle keeps repeating. Seating looks like a sweat shop and there is no privacy for anyone. Every day is a fire at this company, so be prepared to drink from the fire hose. Very toxic environment.

Need to weed out the stupidity which is vast amongst management and HR. Let's hope Cognizant cleans house when they take over!

TriZetto Photos