TriZetto
www.trizetto.com Englewood, CO 1000 to 5000 Employees

TriZetto Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Andy Eckert

Pros:
  • "Hard working people who deserve better management and a work-life balance"
    in 14 reviews
  • "The current President is an impassioned leader who truly cares about the people who work here"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "Inability to uphold their work/life balance through demonstration"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Complete upper management incompetence, and micro management of people and numbers"
    in 12 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

TriZetto is moving towards a successful consulting company, but has more work to do

Consultant I (Current Employee)

I have been working at TriZetto full-time for more than a year

ProsThere are some serious benefits to working for TriZetto, the main ones are the amount of training available, flexible hours and plenty of time off.

ConsOffice culture can be difficult to deal with, mainly based on the lack of credit given to employees that work hardest towards helping TriZetto be successful. This often times doesn't encourage you to work harder.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice would be to put more time into your employees, they don't need to constantly be patted on the back but they will appreciate if you notice who the ones are that put in the extra effort.

TriZetto is finally getting it right. Client focus = happy clients = happy employees translating to market domination.

Denver, CO

I have been working at TriZetto full-time for more than 3 years

ProsRapidly growing, great/fun people with a new management team who understands that a company's people are its most valuable asset. Many opportunities for growth and movement. New leadership is very transparent and honest.

ConsFast-paced, hard-working and ever changing environment...this is not for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementExecutive leadership is working together better than ever, which means employees have aligned incentives and are working toward the same goals. Hopefully this will continue with the new CEO.

Recognized and rewarded for hard work

Development Manager (Former Employee)
Naperville, IL

I worked at TriZetto full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI worked there for 10 years and was recognized for my work and got numerous promotions.

Consnot very competitive salary, good benefits

OK Company. Not the best I have been at but not the worst either.

Database Administrator (Current Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at TriZetto full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood training budget.
Not short on equipment.

ConsVery lean IT workforce
Salary below market.
Insurance sucks

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to the number of overtime hours IT staff are working

Awesome!!!!

Consultant I (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at TriZetto full-time for more than a year

ProsGood company with great people. lots of opportunity to learn. Good projects.

ConsNothing specific to add. It is a good mid size company.

Good one, could be made better!!

Senior Consultant II (Current Employee)
Englewood, CO

I have been working at TriZetto full-time for more than a year

ProsJob flexibility, open to ideas, good bonus structure (if company target is met), opportunity for career growth and gain better knowledge around healthcare.

Conssalary is below market standards, health benefits are below par, constant re-orgs.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce the number of managers put into each projects; this doesnt do any good other than people stepping over each other's foot. In most projects, only 1 out of 4 employees knows and does actual work and the other 3 just sticks around them sailing with the flow without knowing what they are doing. Hire more individual contributors.

Obtain good healthcare experience, but get burned out and accept below average salary

Technical Analyst (Former Employee)
Englewood, CO

I worked at TriZetto full-time for more than a year

ProsIt is an opportunity to learn the claims portion of the healthcare business. Facets software is used throughout the industry and a good thing to add to a resume. Many of the managers and leads are hardworking and willing to help with questions and a career path.

ConsLong hours that went unnoticed and uncompensated by Sr. Management. They had a plan to convert most of the jobs to a TriZetto India branch office so lots of knowledge and dedicated workers left. Moral was bad at the time due to the cost cutting measures that were being implemented. At times it was high stress because there weren't many resources to handle the workload and the on-call schedule was horrendous.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe there has been turnover since 2010 and there has been improvement in the culture. Advice to management would be to recognize where hard work and dedicated resources are being efficient and reward those employees or improve their pay before they take their knowledge and training to another company. Be open to criticism and improve processes.

Can't wait to get out

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at TriZetto full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWork/life balance is good as nobody works late anymore. There is some opportunity to work with newer technology (though much of the product is 5-10 years old). Base pay is good - at least if you were hired a while ago. Casual dress, "unlimited" vacation.

ConsThere's a company reorganization about every 2 years. More than half of Boston's development/QA are contractors in Eastern Europe. Health benefits are very expensive - you'd think a company in this business could negotiate a better deal. Boston management is very cliquish and all "lifers" so the odds of being promoted into management are virtually zero. Too much of the product was written in a hurry by inexperienced developers with little oversight.

Advice to Senior ManagementEither stop pretending that you're "One TriZetto" or actually come up with a plan to unify/integrate the various products and offices. The company literally feels like 6 separate companies and it's been that way the whole time I've worked here.

Pretty good place to work

Naperville, IL

I have been working at TriZetto full-time for more than 5 years

Pros-Unlimited PTO
-Good attitude toward work/life balance and flexible hours
-Willingness to give promotions
-Majority of managers are good people and understand that employees don't live to work

Cons-Promotions don't always lead to significant pay raises
-Bad insurance, high premiums
-Re-organizations 2x per year

Was OK, but then it went south

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

I worked at TriZetto full-time for more than 3 years

Pros- Working with latest Microsoft Technology
- Smart people
- Challenging work at times
- Fast-paced, but a bit chaotic

Cons- The Boston office is a Boys club. If you are not in the inner circle, you cannot advance your career, although some sycophants can also manage to get extra perks.
- Politics and nepotism.
- Really Bad health plan. It's like you have to pay first 2.K before getting service.
- After a disastrous new CTO restructure, all things got worst. Later the CTO was fired, not before making a mess.
- Salary is average, and meager yearly increases

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about your employees needs and careers plans or they'd leave

Worked for TriZetto? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TriZetto reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TriZetto CEO Andy Eckert . All 194 reviews posted anonymously by TriZetto employees.