Triage Consulting Group

Updated December 11, 2014
3.6

Triage Consulting Group CEO Brian Neece
Brian Neece

Pros
  • Triage provides its employees with an excellent work-life balance (in 30 reviews)

• Tons of fun stuff--happy hours, teambuilding, paid volunteer time, team events (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • and you write and mail off close to a thousand letters to insurance companies (in 11 reviews)

• Lack of diversity and recruiting to fit a mold (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

27 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Senior Consultant

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Triage Consulting Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I cannot think of a better place to start your career. Other young professionals all in the same boat, looking to make friends and ease the transition from college.

Cons

Limited advancement opportunities. After 2 years, you choose to leave or be a lifer. Also, benefits are competitive but not necessarily top of the pack, that's the compromise for the fun environment.

More transparency about profits and company direction, but I do think they do more on that front than most private companies. Also, some sort of profit based incentive for employees would be a great motivator.

Great People But Poor Management - Not a Real Consulting Firm

Current Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Triage Consulting Group

Pros

Generally speaking, the people at Triage are great. The company is filled with smart and driven graduates of top-tier universities. Triage also provides great training and has reasonable benefits.

Cons

This is NOT a true consulting firm. Entry level employees are little more than glorified call center representatives. Pay is terrible. Management seems blind/deaf to many problems. It is unfortunate that so many smart people work here, yet their skills and abilities are not being fully leveraged.

Improve pay. Expand portfolio of services to offer more true consulting work, such as change management and process improvement.

Great first job out of school

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Triage Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Great and fun company. A perfect first job out of college. Culture is fantastic and it's rare that people you work with won't become some of your good friends.

Cons

Promotion timeline is set. Very process oriented...little room for creativity and entrepreneurial ventures.

Amazing First Job

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Triage Consulting Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The knowledge I gained from reading medical records and researching various services prepared me for working with physicians, other clinicians, and researchers in graduate school. I've yet to meet someone not interested in discussing my work at Triage. The work-life balance, fun culture, and social responsibility is also unparalleled.

Cons

For someone not type A, repetitive work can make it hard to stay engaged, but this mostly limited to the Associate role. Stick it out to two years and the job becomes a lot more exciting (and DOES involve consulting tasks).

Greater transparency or fairness with staffing (sometimes appeared that management played favorites).

Great environment, awesome management, terribly boring work for first one to two years

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Triage Consulting Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Tons of fun stuff--happy hours, teambuilding, paid volunteer time, team events.
    Sweet PTO and you are encouraged to use it unlike other places
    Work life balance is great--get your 45 hours in and no more
    Pay has decent growth given the minimal travel/hours worked

Cons

Work is monotonous, boring and at times does not feel challenging at all.
    Lots of paying your dues but not always the rewards for doing so
    Many people come from very privileged backgrounds which can be hard to relate to
    PTO and sick days are combined. Aka most people come in when they're sick.

It's hard, as the management is good but the board (three founders, CEO and head guy in ATL) make most big decisions. Sean (ATL head) is amazing and awesome to work for.

Solid Place to Start

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Triage Consulting Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Triage is a young company that offers a great work-life balance and cares about its employees. Management values all employee's opinions and sets everyone up to succeed. Triage is also incredibly flexible when it come to PTO and your work schedule.

Cons

Triage tries to maintain a laid back culture but this creates and environment where promotions are more based on time than on merit and a workforce that is only partially motivated.

Triage Consulting Group Response

Dec 4, 2014HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. We genuinely care about our employees and are happy that you value the work-life balance. To address your concern, we use a structured promotion timeline, but every ... More

Very happy I chose Triage right out of college! Hope to stay for a long successful career!

I have been working at Triage Consulting Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-associates get to work on 3 projects during their first year so they get to learn a lot and experience many different seniors and managers. The management is all VERY helpful and very good at showing new hires how to succeed and provide them the skills to be successful.
    -great work life balance
    -FUN culture!
    -the Atlanta office principals are wonderful. Sean Alavi is hands down the best boss one can ever have and truly cares about each employee
    -if employees decide to leave Triage, they find no trouble getting interviews for top consulting companies such as Deloitte and E&Y. Once employees reach Senior level, they are highly desirable and have a ton of knowledge and gained so many management skills
    -Most are very receptive to feedback and feedback is taken highly into consideration
    -opportunity to travel and the employees are all fun and always willing to explore the cities you are traveling in and make the most of any experience.
    - lots of events and happy hours planned so always something to look forward to!

Cons

Sometimes the work can be boring, but that comes with any job when you are starting. Right off the bat, you cannot be given responsibilities of a senior associate.
    Your projects determine a lot of your experience. However, Triage is great at hiring fun, talented people who help turn less lucrative projects into interesting ones nonetheless.
    Most of the employees are hired right out of school so many are expecting to love every second of the work-However, that isnt the case for any job and unfortunately, no one tells you this when you are having a rough day. Ultimately, you just have to work through the more monotonous days to get more responsibilities and more fulfilling tasks.
    niche market; however, very transferable leadership and management skills

Help new hires and associates get some interaction or knowledge into the client during their time in this role so they no what opportunities await them as a senior. Many days as an associate can be monotonous so knowing what hard work and time can result in, will help motivate them and commit them more to the work and company.
    -more travel projects or opportunities
    -more opportunities to work remotely to make up hours lost during travel

Great Start to Career

Former Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Triage Consulting Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

In-depth knowledge of Healthcare Finance and Managed Care, Fun environment and co-workers, gratuitous time off, inspirational commitment to community service.

Cons

Intense micromanagement, lack of effective people management training for senior consultants, limited client interaction.

I would advise management to find ways that help new senior consultants identify key priorities. I spent far too much time being lectured about font colors and text sizes than I did on learning about managed care or our clients. Senior Consultants, particularly on small projects, rarely recognized when an associate went above or beyond and raised trivial issues on final evaluations while minimizing actual contributions to the bottom line of the project.

Associate

I have been working at Triage Consulting Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Triage has an incredible culture. The fact that you are surrounded by so many other young professionals is really special. I really appreciate how much Triage gives back to its employees. As a young person, you hear how employers take advantage of people starting their first job. At Triage, there are so many events and activities designed to give back to the employees and make work more fun. That impresses me.

Cons

The work can be a little boring at times. Certain tasks can get monotonous, but at the same time work will always be work. All jobs have their slow points.

Continue to grow and expand. I think it would be awesome to really brand the name Triage in the Atlanta area, and I think this can be accomplished through continued expansion.

Great Work/Life Balance, Socialist Policies

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Triage Consulting Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I stayed at Triage as long as I did because of the excellent work/life balance and the great people with whom I worked. Triage genuinely cares about its employees. Never expect to bring work home or work after 6 PM. Management has an open door policy and are genuinely fond of the associates.

Cons

Triage has a socialist feel to it; never expect to get any personal recognition. Bonuses are non-existent. All people hired into the same start year are paid the exact same salary, which is non-negotiable. Promotions are staged at set times. Additionally, work can be tedious, repetitive, and boring.

Learn to recognize talent and figure out a way to incentivize performance. Working more doesn't equate to higher pay or a faster promotion, so why should your employees work hard? Give them a reason!

Triage Consulting Group Photos