Trialon

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Patricia Crowder

Trialon is a great place to consider employment for a variety of reasons.

Troy, MI

ProsIt possesses a very positive and challenging work environment

The organization is made up of individuals that care about you and your success and understand it takes a team to get things done

The company's team is made up of seasoned individuals that have been in the industry (and with Trialon) for a good amount of time (I have been here almost 8 years).

Trialon is a Technical Staffing Company....there is always a need to support the customer with some unique opportunities but a light industrial company it is not!

Trialon is a very innovative staffing firm without fear of new industries and ideas. If you don't embrace new concepts or handle "better mousetraps" well, Trialon is not the place for you.

Trialon has a diverse client base. Customers range from billion dollar fortune 500 companies to local testing facilities in a variety of industries.

ConsThere are very few cons that I can think of to associate with Trialon Corporation. I believe the largest con is their lack of penetration outside of the Midwest.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue down the path of examining the possibilities of expanding further West. Keep challenging your team with both individual and collective team goals.

Liked my job..Not my employer

Refused to Tell Me (Former Employee)
    Lockport, NY

ProsThe people I worked with.

ConsThere is no personal growth here. You will never move up only sideways and forget about a raise, They do not offer it you must request one with a business case and in 99% of the time you will be rejected with no reason why in an email. They want to keep the pay low and your entering wage will be your wage for a long, long time no matter what they promise you.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about your employees for a change not your bottom line. Help out with growing health care expenses by offering flex spend or a healthcare savings account. By not giving raises but increasing everything you offer ever year it makes it more difficult for you to keep good, dedicated employees. Get rid of your vacation pay policy. (They only pay your vacation once a year on your anniversary and if you leave, by your choice or not you don't get the vacation pay.)

Current Trialon Employee

Engineering Test Technician (Current Employee)
    Auburn Hills, MI

ProsNot many as far as i am concerned. This is my 4th contract house in my 18 years at Delphi and it is by far the worst one. They will not tell you your tech level, will not tell you what you can do to move up the ladder, they are unprofessional when dealing with employees. Example: Lied directly to my face over an insurance issue.

ConsWay to many to list, but here are a few. They kept 80% of the last raised Delphi gave me, very few paid holidays compared to Delphi's holiday schedule, you get a vacation check on your anniversary rather than being able to use it when you want time off, tried to cut my wages by at least $10/Hr when they took over for the last contract house. When Trialon took over the contract at Delphi they wiped out my 13 years of seniority and made me a new hire with greatly decreased benefits, when all the other contract houses keep our seniority.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo Trialon managers. Start being fair when raises are given out. Change the way vacation is handled. Add some holidays to meet up with the company you work for. Match the 401k. give back college reimbursement.
    To Delphi Management:Dump Trialon and hire us directly and save money. You pay them way to much money for the little amount they pass on to employees.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for

Powertrain Engineer (Former Employee)

Pros* The recruiters are honest and provided updates for me with my transition from one position to another.
    * My account manager was great. He was always available to talk and would often be onsite to see me.
    * The benefits were good for contract house benefits.
    *Getting paid every Friday is a big change compared to the 15th and last day of the month.
    *My work was challenging. i was eventually transitioned to a direct role and am currently working an exciting project

Cons*You have to ask the recruiter for "vacation pay". It is unusual since it is paid out at your anniversary date.
    * Benefit cost are more expensive then I am paying right now as a direct employee. However, they are cheaper then the other contract houses.
    * It seems most of their positions are in the Detroit market.

Advice to Senior Management*Try to offer more holiday pay to match what the client is giving. I had to take a few unpaid days off. However, Trialon is in-line with the other contract houses.
    * 401K match would be nice to have.
    Overall, very happy with my time at Trialon.

It was great, up until 2 years ago

Recruiter (Current Employee)

ProsI wouldn't work or recomend working at Trialon to anyone. They are fast becoming a light industrial staffing company

ConsThe new vice president(s) are not professionals in the staffing industry and are now allowing staffing division to run successfully, as it has done for years

Worked for Trialon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Trialon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Trialon CEO Patricia Crowder. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Trialon employees.