Trianz Reviews

Reset
3.3
Trianz President and CEO Sri Manchala
Sri Manchala

Pros
  • Better work-life balance than most other consulting firms (in 7 reviews)

• Very perseverant senior management (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No opportunities for career growth (in 5 reviews)

• Pay more attention to employee work-life balance (in 3 reviews)

1. Good Company

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Trianz (Less than a year)

Pros

They take care of their employees by providing a lot of tangible and intangible benefits. There are a lot of flexibility and trust. The chance and challenges of learning and contributing exist and it is up to individual to seize the opportunity.

Cons

Usual time crunch to meet deadlines

2. Enjoyed my time at Trianz!!!

Former Employee - Director Strategic Alliance in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Director Strategic Alliance in Dallas, TX

I worked at Trianz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Had a very engaging three (3) year run at Trianz. Really enjoyed myself during my time there. Learned quite a lot about the services business as well. No shortage of projects to work on, global staff waiting to assist and help from the exec level staff when needed. I was on a team focused on the identification of net new customers via a number of different avenues. We worked very hard, but were also rewarded very well for our efforts. The team I was a part of was the 'tip of the spear' to chase new business. It was extremely gratifying to secure new logo-customers for the company. They had a very unique model, one that I have not seen in the industry previously. Mark my words, in the next 2-5 years; this will be a very different organization as long as they keep up the same rate & pace. They are out-pacing their contemporaries today!

Cons

Always lots to do - my personality was such that I could never feel good about taking time off; there were always customer meetings, engagements, etc.. As long as there was something to do, I felt obligated to do it. It's still a small company, just north of 1,200 folks globally, so there is always something to be done. I am a take-charge type of person, so I'd take the initiative to get things done personally. That's really my issue, not a Trianz issue. They deliver very solid ITSM skills, so the biggest issue I see in their future is the customer demand for the services they deliver. They do services well, and at a very fair cost, bot in an on-shore, off-shore and hybrid delivery model. I give it a .8 probability that their services business will double in the next 18 months.

Advice to Management

Keep the objectivitiy in all aspects of management. Continue with the same leadership style. Continued and thoughtful investment will yield dividends.

Consulting

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Diverse pool of clients (High Tech, Financial Services, Logistics, Government) People are great Very flexible when it comes to taking time off or PTO

Cons

Small consulting group with growing IT group - becoming technology centric No clear vision for the consulting arm Leadership not transparent on financials and on company strategy Career development is not a major focus

Advice to Management

Provide clear vision Be transparent Focus on your people and their career development and realize they are an asset, not a liability

5. Software engineer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Trianz (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities for fresher's. Good training

Cons

Not many. Has a bright future.

Low compensation and benefits

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Santa Clarita, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at Trianz full-time

Pros

- Good exposure to various management consulting and IT projects

Cons

- Low salaries compared to average consulting salaries - No cash bonus - No matching contribution for 401 plan - Expensive health insurance - Minimal salary increase for promotions from consultant to Sr. Manager levels

Advice to Management

Employees are your only resources to grow your business so don't look at them as resources that can be always replaced if they leave the company. Keeping strong and valuable resources is an art that needs to be learned and practiced by the Sr. leadership team.

7. A truly motivating and inspiring company to work for. Relentless hard work and client success their motto!

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Trianz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company values, team work, thinking ahead, client success are some of the key inspiring factors at Trianz.

Cons

Cons are overshadowed by the pros of working here. Complainers are let off easily, need a stronger hand to deal with them.

Advice to Management

Continue to forge ahead with the the determination and foresight that you demonstrate notwithstanding the odds on the way. As always focus on the end goals, client success, quality of work and providing a great challenging work environment. AHEAD TOGETHER.........

Great Consulting Firm To Hone Operations and IT Management Skills (With Great Work/Life Balance)

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Trianz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Work/life balance. Unlike some other consulting firms, you won't have to slave away on weekends. While you may have to work during some weekends, you can expect to have your weekends and late nights to yourselves or your families. -Growing client base. They have diversified their client base over the last 2 years and you will get an opportunity to learn about many different industries. -Strong leadership. The leadership is really focused on growing the business and the people. They are interested in making better consultants out of everyone and really know how to present well to clients. -Opportunity for travel. If you want to travel (maybe even internationally), there are opportunities to do so. International consulting experience is crucial for a resume. -Great place to learn about operations management / business processes. If you want to eventually pursue a career in operations, Trianz is a great place to learn how companies run and how they can be improved. The skills you will pick up here can carry you throughout your career. -Flexibility. Managers will let you work from home if there is no need to be on-site or at the office. Very accommodating.

Cons

-Lack of 401(k) matching. Most other companies match 50% of what you put up to a certain amount. -Can be difficult to figure out how to get to next level in terms of promotion.

Advice to Management

-Continue to grow the business, as you have been. I would suggest clearly laying how Sr. Consultants can rise to Managers and Managers to Sr. Managers. I would also recommend 401(k) matching.

9. Great company to work with!

Current Employee - Director, Client Partner in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Director, Client Partner in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Trianz full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company to learn Consulting and IT Services domains. Very accomplished and caring management team lead by Sri. Have been working with the company for 8 years and have cherished every moment here. Every year here has been great from learning and growth perspective. Most of the folks around are the cream of other large companies they have worked with earlier so good learning experience for everybody. Very nice culture and everybody really likes working with each other. The basic value system of the company is very strong and we have been doing great over the last few years.

Cons

Not a large company like Accenture and Infosys (but not small either)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and keep building the momentum

A body shop organization with no real capabilities

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Trianz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Good for anyone looking to get into consulting - Organization is good at investing in training for individuals even when there is no readily deployable project

Cons

- No consulting capabilities; the organization is made out of a bunch ex-MBB and ex-Big Four, but they don't seem to bring any of the structure or capabilities of their previous firms - No strategy for growth; the organization grew because of one client (CISCO) and has not find a 2nd or 3rd client to counterbalance

Advice to Management

Option 1 - Divest the organization Option 2 - Work on the cons by focusing on a more select set of service lines and capabilities Option 3 - Do both; start with 2 and then do 1

11. Had a good experience on working on real good projects

Former Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Trianz full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good projects, good colleagues. Always worked on local projects, so very little travel. The projects were mostly cutting edge projects

Cons

Things are not good as they used to be. Focus has shifted to management consulting

RSS Feed </> Embed