Trianz

Trianz Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Trianz President and CEO Sri Manchala

Sri Manchala

Pros
  • Better work-life balance than most other consulting firms (in 6 reviews)

• Good place to start as mistakes are tolerated (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No opportunities for career growth (in 5 reviews)

• Pay more attention to employee work-life balance (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

if you always dreamed of working in a staffing agency that's shrinking...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proshonestly, i can't think of many pros. if you are being recruited in silicon valley, be careful. read the reviews and figure out which ones are written by employees, and which ones are written by recruiters.

and if you just want a place to bide your time while looking for a job, then take their offer!

Constrianz is a place to go when you have no other options. go ahead and interview with them, and ask them what percent of the people that were there 1 year ago are still there today. then ask them what percent of the people that were there 2 years ago are still there. get the picture?

oh, and none of the promises made to you when you're hired will be honored.

the company and its leaders are perpetually late, lazy, dishonest, uninspiring, short-sighted, cheap, reactive...not much else to say.

there you have it.

Advice to Senior Managementclose shop

Lack of vision and leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt's a place to get some experience on your resume, but you will quickly want to move on to a real company that has vision and market presence.

ConsCompany and its leadership are characterized by ineptitude, lack of vision, absence of leadership, stubbornness, secrecy, favoritism, lack of transparency, and fear of taking risks.

Great place to work, learn and lead

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsI did some great projects at the company which you do not even get exposure at a Big 4. I was specifically impressed with the type of consultative selling I got an exposure to while working at Trianz. Work culture is open, and transparent . Most of the consultants in the company are focused on IT consulting and it is a growing its team of management consultants therefore, there are multiple opportunities.

ConsManagement consulting team is small and therefore there are issue with scale while delivering some key strategic engagements. I would also suggest that it is a great place to work for those who have some consulting exposure in their past career.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe leadership team need to better manage the brand perception at client. Overall, as a company, Trianz needs to hire, train and retain right people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

tall promises

Project Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosno salary standards, so you can negotiate well during joining, especially if they are hiring for critical requirement. They will promise everything from green cards , career growth etc etc. all sorts of people will interview

ConsI left a good job with TOP MNC because they promised to get the GC started immediately. I was hired for a project, in 5 months it came to an end , and suddenly i was asked to resign or go to India. When hired they said lot of projects across US , now i Know they have only 3or 4 projects , so very difficult to find other work

I realized later that this was happening to even people who have worked for 8+ years, project ends, you go to India / take leave till next project. refuse to continue GC until next project. Nobody will talk to you except the HR person calling to find when you can resign. People who made all the promises will not even return your calls or emials. everybody disappears

Advice to Senior Managementbe honest to your employers , dont make false promises to candidates and spoil their lives.

Great Company with HUGE growth Potential

Director (Current Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsAn amazing journey so far with Trianz. You want to be in a challenging environment which helps you lead by example - something I have seen right from the top. As someone rightly pointed out here, if you wish to be creative, leash that entrepreneurial instincts you have hidden inside you and no compromise on Integrity/values....this is the right place to be!

ConsCan improve on employee engagement and training programs....Its hard to please everyone, but can see strides happening in this direction as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrianz has the magic formula and the right vision to scale to greater heights so staying focussed is key...and more importantly advice for middle management to continue providing the right support and believe. When you believe and have the faith with each support you see wonders happening around!

Been Alright

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsIt's changed off late, much better to work now.

With some sugar daddys leaving, it's a better place to work now

ConsA few for sure, but I will give them later

Progressive Organization

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsReceived excellent support from team and management to get up to speed. Very interesting projects at some of the large clients around here. A progressive organization - continuous learning and growth opportunities.

ConsWide spread of offerings for it's size... but could turn out to be a huge positive eventually. The locations could use better integration.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe recent wave of energy is refreshing... let this not be short-lived... continue this till the new initiatives are understood and achieved.

Extremely satisfactory, both in terms of growth and job satisfaction.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsVery perseverant senior management.
    Did not get bogged down and give up during the recession when most similar companies fell by the way side.
    Very just and fair to all employees.
    Great opportunities for challenging projects.
    CEO, Sri Manchala leads by example, total delight in the way he works.

ConsNeed to keep employees updated with new policy changes.
    Need to get strict with non performing, complaining employees who are there to only take a pay check home without any effort.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of all those complainers and whiners who are interested in bonuses, raises and fat checks. Make sure they are on projects and feel free to show them the door when they are not effective. They should be happy to have been employed throughout the recession. Rid the company of ungrateful employees so you can make way for genuine talent and hardworking. I have no doubt Trianz will have the last laugh by year end, and a hearty one too. You are doing just great so keep up the good work, CEO, VPs, Directors and the Board!

Not impressed with leadership

Manager (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsLocal consulting job for consultants

Conslack of internal communications - Long working hours (12+ a day)

Ordinary

Consultant (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsThey have a compelling vision and a growth strategy!

ConsStaff Augmentation projects make you feel like a contractor than an employee of an organization.

Worked for Trianz? Contribute to the Community!