Trianz Reviews

Updated April 6, 2015
112 reviews filtered by

Decent Employer Similar to Other Technology Firms

I have been working at Trianz

Pros

There are some positives at Trianz, such as the decent working hours, lack of travel, and the ability to take on substantial responsibilities on projects even as a consultant.

Cons

Complete lack of training and analytical frameworks. Seniror management has developed some fairly good approaches to analyzing client problems, but has not communicated them well to others at the firm. Pay is not great by management consulting standards, but about par for impelmentation firms.

Advice to Management

Improve employee training. Make a commitment to ops consulting - it seems like most of the leadeship's emphasis is on bulidng up the technology services part of the firm whereas ops consulting seems to be slowly withering away.

Welcome to the land of greedy, incompetent liars

I worked at Trianz

Pros

None leap to mind; it is a source of income if there are no alternatives.

Cons

Long before what appears to be a recent, sharp decline, it was clear that the stage was being set for a serious prospect of decline. The push for contracts and business trumped all. No small number of good people were leaving... while the CEO strutted around like he was one of the wisest men in the world. That aside, his actions, those of other senior decision-makers made it abundantly clear that while they talked a great game about being impeccably honest people of virtue and integrity, they consistently did not qualify as such.

Advice to Management

The only thought that comes to mind is probably too politically incorrect.

Technology Career not Management Consulting

I have been working at Trianz

Pros

Nice People, Flexible work hours. Trianz allows for you to have a good work life balance and it does not require one to travel to customers. Having most of the work to their main client Cisco, allows one to plan his life quite easily

Cons

Company Balance Sheet not healthy, non-progression of career, Trianz is a distressed company and is trying to survive.

Advice to Management

Focus and diversify clients - main focus in the past has been only Cisco

Unprofessional-services firm.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Trianz

Pros

Since its a small company it allows you to take on a variety of tasks and roles. However, this is not the best at times because you get very poor leadership and guidance from senior management.

Cons

The downsides include the following:
    1) You don't learn anything. Trianz is like a consulting firm that tells their client what time it is, by looking at the client's watch.
    2) No strategy to build a consulting firm. There not a big consulting firm so they have not figured out the standard strategy of a small firm is to target a niche service, market, anything.
    3) The company has no firm-created intellectual property (IP). It gleams new trends from their one and only existing client. It plagiarizes IP from reputed journals (Gartner and Forrester listen up).

Even though the firm has MANY MANY downsides (of which I won't repeat), I hope for the individuals still with the company that the firm finds a way to dig itself out of its hole and re-invent itself.

Advice to Management

Sell the company.

"A Disaster that Already Happened"

Former Employee - Analyst in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Trianz

Pros

Flexible Hours, close the AMC Mercado

Cons

No strong leadership, the preponderance of confusion, no direction

Advice to Management

"Open your eyes and ears and listen to the people that work for the firm"

"You need to make money to be able to turn a profit"

Missing focus and direction

Former Employee - Na in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Na in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Trianz

Pros

Good place to start a career with broad experience in different areas. Some good people that you can learn from.

Cons

Might become a Powerpoint monkey. Management uses employees instead of developing them. People are viewed as disposable and management can be very fickle about who they like or don't like. Management does not seem to know if they want to be another Indian SWITCH company or a true management/tech consulting firm. Company asks a lot of its employees but ofers very little reward or praise. Easy to go from hero to zero in short time.

Advice to Management

Your people are your best asset. Don't treat them like property or like they are disposable.

Trianz is Consulting/Contract Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Trianz

Pros

There are a variety of opportunities available, since Trianz generally has multiple projects going on at any given time.

Cons

The types of work are limited, and the Consulting jobs are best for those with management or Oracle experience.

Advice to Management

Senior Management does a good job obtaining projects, but they seem to focus more on getting projects than managing them.

Only join this company if you have no other options and need a paycheck!

I worked at Trianz

Pros

It beats being unemployeed. The best thing was the people I worked with on projects (do not read senior management, but consultants and managers).

Cons

Serious lack of leadership and focus by senior leadership. Senior leadership was not concerned about career growth. They looked at consultants and even managers as commodities. This company is just simply poorly managed. The CEO is delusional in the fact that he thinks he can make a blue chip organization. He has a command and control style, but the problem is that he has no experience or knowledge for what he is doing. He needs to realize that it is time for him to step aside and let someone who really knows what they are doing to take over. The CEO's lack of understanding this requires him to replace good people with not so smart "yes-men."

Advice to Management

Develop your consultants and managers, and give them opportunities to grow. Invest back into the company, dont just pocket the profits to build a compound in India for your family, and then rent it back to company for business trips! Provide external training, not just home grown training -- working at one client on one project does not make someone an expert on a subject!

Frustrating

I worked at Trianz

Pros

Cant think of any. I was lured here under the pretense that this was a company with a bright future. I was totally mislead. Heed the warnings if you are considering joining this company.

Cons

I got absolutely no support from the VP's and Directors when I joined. I was looking at ways to improve the operating frameworks and methodologies to get them more in line with how the big 4 consulting firms work....I was told that nobody was interested and I just focus on PMing projects. I was appaled at how badly projects are handeled at trianz and the clients best interests are completely ignored. The CEO's approach is just baffaling. His quaterly emails show how disconnected with the people on the ground. The whole situatuion was really frustrating. It was too much for me to take and I ended up leaving after just 5 months

Advice to Management

back to basics

If gnawing off a limb wasn't so career limiting I would have done that to get out this company...

I worked at Trianz

Pros

Serves as a great example of the types of enviroments to avoid at all cost

Cons

No support, guidance, career growth, honesty or integrity.

Advice to Management

If you want money go to a bank, if you want to run a company take care of your employees.

Trianz Photos