Tribal Fusion

Updated September 7, 2014
Updated September 7, 2014
3.2

Dilip DaSilva

Profitable, intelligent, and well espected

I have been working at Tribal Fusion full-time

Pros

This business was founded on sound technology, and it shows in the consistent performance and steady growth over the last 10 years.

Cons

The company has a conservative tendency, sort of "slow and steady wins the race" mentality. Can be a con if an opportunity has a limited window of adaptivity

Challenge the larger players in the space by introducing disruptive products and solutions

An interesting online advertising company

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Tribal Fusion full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Challenging job function

Fun, collaborative environment

Good benefits / salary

Decent work / life balance

Cons

Weak leadership

Advertising environment ala Mad Men - "2014 style" - if you need intrinsic rewards outside of a paycheck - do not apply for positions with this company.

Focus. Focus on yourself - ask: "Have I done everything I can do in order to perform my job well today?" I began to ask this of myself for the last few months I was at Tribal Fusion and usually my answer was "yes". On the days it wasn't "yes", at least I could rest knowing that I tried as well as I could. I don't think that everyone in my department could say that.

Decide whether or not to go public. Don't make decisions based on the market place or what others say -- if you want to be a publicly traded company: Do it. Don't hire an entire board of directors just to turn around relatively quickly and fire them, that doesn't seem very productive.

To Dilip specifically - either hire a CEO who will take his hands off the day-to-day operations (read: no more commenting on system bugs) or try to become that kind of CEO. No one can perform optimally thinking you may or may not be messing around with code.

Again - this is all only my advice. I was an entry level Business Analyst who may not have known all the knobs being pulled behind the curtain.

Used to be pretty good place to work -

I have been working at Tribal Fusion

Pros

compensation's pretty good, location is nice ...

Cons

Used to be pretty good place to work ... now it just seems life there is in limbo ... certain departments have no work life balance at all ...

Potential to be a great but missing the mark

I worked at Tribal Fusion full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Resources are available, good team, sound technology.

Cons

Poor middle management, lack of vision, not quite making the most of what they have.

Tap into talent within the organization for growth and encourage ideas for development. Stop trying to silo business units for p&l and start combining resources.

Horrible executive management, zero training, zero growth. Someone fire the CEO.

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Tribal Fusion full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good place to park your career for 12 months and look for something better. You make some good friends and meet some decent people who are trying to hold on to the IPO dream which will never happen. Others are raking in a paycheck for doing bare minimum.

Cons

Zero training, I received zero training or orientation. In past 18 months, never received approval to attend a single training to further my career.
    Zero growth in the company. The only way to grow is to brown nose the CEO. He can promote you overnight and double your paycheck, even if you are incompetent.
    No culture and accountability at the executive level or management level
    Rotten executive management and middle management except for a few good ones who are already beaten to the ground

Someone fire the CEO. Accountability starts at the top. The guys has shown zero leadership or accountability in past 18 months that I had been on job. This ship is sinking fast.

Great potential, Terrible executive and middle management

I have been working at Tribal Fusion

Pros

The company has a pretty laid back atmosphere and pays right around industry averages.

It is well known within the Ad Network space and has been a player in that area for a long time (12 years).

Most of the people are actually lovely and clever, particularly in the Emeryville, Chicago, and Atlanta offices.

Cons

Upper management is completely disconnected from what happens on the ground, and middle management is seriously lacking in any strong leaders, vision, mentoring abilities and inspiration. They are extremely deceptive and have no loyalty to some very clever, smart people who work there.

Management motivation is done through fear and threats rather than inspiration. This makes for a rather unpleasant place to work.

There are almost no career opportunities to advance from within, and there is absolutely zero recognition for hard work.

The company is very, very slow to react and evolve in terms of new product, innovation, processes, which, in the online marketing space, leads to so many missed opportunities.

There is no training or support whatsoever, and oftentimes role descriptions and goals are either non existent or change on a regular basis.

Stay away from the NY office. It is an absolute mess of internal politics, lack of leadership, and insanely high turnover...

Get smart. Get inspirational. Lead by example and realize that in addition to technology, the most important asset you have are good, smart people, so you need to invest in them, not run them to the ground!

Good Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Tribal Fusion

Pros

the best reason is the other employees. people have a great attitude and care about doing a great job. company has many small offices and each office has its own culture and startup environment. opportunity to work with people in many countries. free lunches. there is a lot less politics at this company than my previous job.

Cons

sometimes it is hard to know what is going on with other groups and teams in the company. difficult to get up to speed on the business when you first start. people are too busy to give you the time. people who have been promoted to managers should be given additional training to become better managers.

better career planning and information on how someone is performing

Good place to park your career if you want a break but don't want a gap in your employment.

I worked at Tribal Fusion

Pros

Easy going office environment, free lunches, maybe about one senior managers actually knows what he / she is doing and is an excellent addition to the company. Decent pay and experience so that if you are looking for a crossroad for your career, this is a good place to hang out for a bit.

Cons

Horrible, horrible middle-management to the point that the company is losing very talented employees at an alarming rate. Most people who aren't "lifers" don't last more than a year to 18 months.

Take a strong look at those who have left and those who are still there. You'll find your answer.

opportunity missed

I worked at Tribal Fusion

Pros

amicable work environment, good pay and benefits, interesting company events although those are becoming rarer and rarer

Cons

Horrible Management at all levels from sales to executive management

you dont know it all. listen to your employeees

Use to be good

Current Employee - Flash Designer in Greater Noida (India)
    Current Employee - Flash Designer in Greater Noida (India)

I have been working at Tribal Fusion full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice place to learn
    nice co workers
    nice team outs to places outside delhi

Cons

no appreciation for your work
    I use to design classy STUFF in FLASH and till date i dont know that what was wrong with my work
    My work use to get hits and ldeas as well but too much politics

Be professional and just work for the employee welfare