Tribune Company

Updated September 6, 2014
Updated September 6, 2014
2.8

Peter Liguori

Pros
  • Some great people to work with especially in California and Florida (in 13 reviews)

• Really good at work-life balance (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The low pay and no increases each year (in 7 reviews)

• Frequent upper management changes (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

OK to build up your resume

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Tribune Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at the Trib for about 3 years now and I must say I was pretty excited about joining the company, the culture is pretty good, very relax environment, a huge perk is being able to Work from Home, pretty handy when you have small children. Pay is relatively good. The people I work with are pretty knowledgable, environment is good and it offers great challenges in a good way. People are very willing to share what they know with you so that is always good.

Cons

Poorly staffed, thus long working hours, working for a company in the advertising business requieres a lot of changes because there are always new ways to sell. Very hard to move up or get promoted, you must fight to get a promotion, because it is very unstable people are leaving and their positions never get back filled.

Newspaper Institutions sacked by Greed

Former Employee - IT in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - IT in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Tribune Company

Pros

Work for a minimum of 2 to 3 years simply to gain new knowledge in publishing , internet , marketing and advertising technologies. Then move on to stable and career enhancing employer. If you're looking for a place to launch a career and retire.....FORGET ABOUT IT !!!!

Cons

Current unstable work environment . Company's unwillingness to reward/compensate employees in an equitable manner...high profile disrespect and aggression for senior employees.....the lies and deceitful behavior by management....dirty pool......no retirement to speak of .....

Run it to the ground...you dont deserve the salary and power given to you.....I'd rather see it explode and die than be taken over by money hungry , greedy and selfish groups that have permeated every industry in this country.

Tribune Company Photos