Triec Group

Mr. Cody Staton

Wonderful Professional Growth With Opportunity to Advance

Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Triec Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Motivated and supportive management team with genuine desire to help others be successful.
    Proven sales training with senior successful leadership.
    One-on-one and group training including but not limited to the following areas: sales techniques, interviewing skills, training techniques, public speaking, budgeting, event planning, recruiting and territory management.
    Pay based on one's performance, so unlimitede earning potentail.
    Fast advancement from entry level to management roles (on average 18 months).
    Opportunity to travel domestic and internationally for business meetings.
    Network of experienced coahces to assist in development.
    Fun environment blended with serious opportunity including company outings and charity events.

Cons

Whether this is a "con" or not will depend on the outlook of the reader. The work is hard, the pay is fair and the opportunity is real. Sales proficiency with integrity will ultimately determine success, combined with one's student mentality, work ethic and motivation. There are no glass ceilings and no corpoarte ladders.
    People who respond negatively to obstacles may experience delayed success.

Keep developing the team and I am certain that everyone will enjoy continued success.

WORST COMPANY EVER STAY AWAY NO RUN AWAY

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Triec Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There really are no pros to working at this company. It is extremely difficult to come up with even one.

Cons

Long hours, mandatory team night that is pointless, horrible management, little or no pay, have to use your own car, no reimbursements, lied to, abused, taken advantage of, the list goes on and on...you could easily work here for a month and fall into debt!

Stop leading this company you are doing a horrible job. In fact you should do the world a favor and go out of business.

A complete pyramid scheme.

I have been working at Triec Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pros of working for Triec Group were mainly that you didn't have to be at work until the afternoon most days.

Cons

It is a pyramid scheme, plain and simple. You'll also work six days a week and it leaves almost no time for anything else in your life.

Be straight forward with your employees. I'm sure some don't mind the scam.

Triec Group - Overall positive experience so far

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Triec Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment, everyone is very helpful, hands-on training, advancement potential, easy sales/account acquisitions

Cons

Office set up not conducive to the work-flow, management and top performers can be very blunt with their coaching styles, nothing is sugar-coated. You must be able to accept and apply constructive criticism to thrive here.

More cohesive office space , more networking events with other offices in the industry

Growth and Oppurtunity

I have been working at Triec Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great hands on training. The system and structure set in place makes it very easy to come in and be successful as a new start. Whether fresh out of college or looking for a career transition Triec Group is a great career oppurtunity for all. Fun and exciting atmosphere and work envirnoment. Fast paced career path and growth available.

Cons

Work in all weather conditions.

Lead Executuve-

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Triec Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Having come from a background with no sales experience, I was initially hesitant about accepting a sales/marketing position. However, I was pleased to discover that the training program with Triec was extensive and included input from several of the top performing lead executives in the office. I appreciated that the training was paid and need only last as long as it took me to master the sales (mine lasted about a week and a half). The best part about working at Triec is by far the office atmosphere. It is refreshing to be surrounded by fun and energetic people who actually care about your advancement within the company instead of by the usual "office politics." I also like the fact that I earn paid vacation days and that there is the Option of overtime pay on the weekend.

Cons

Hours-- The standard hours aren't bad but if you really want to push yourself to increase production and reach promotion faster you will find yourself putting in extra hours. However, I suspect that this is the case with all jobs that you hope to turn into carreers.

Lead account exec - Still learning the ropes!

I have been working at Triec Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Not to sound redundant, but I did read the previous reviews and am going to have again agree on the biggest pro being the work environment. The staff all-around has been very helpful, and because of their help I've already had a promotion in a month of working there. I also enjoy that I have not been micro-managed at all yet, my last job I had 4 different managers to answer to, and it's a nice relief to actually have support & patience from upper management here.

Cons

I'm a social person, therefore I don't like the days where I have to work alone. I'd much rather prefer the days of the week where I am partnered up with others. I do get to get to work with everyone in the morning and early afternoon, but after that if I'm scheduled to be on my own my days aren't as exciting as the days where I'm working with others.

Incorporate a system where your employees have the option to choose for themselves if they would like to work alone or with another person or as a team.

An Experience To Learn From

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Triec Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This position is not for everyone, which I see as a plus. If you work hard, and maintain a positive attitude, you WILL make more money than you co-workers. The office consists almost exclusively with competitive employees that will drive you to be better at your job.

The training is awesome because you will be learning from individuals who have "been there / done that". And your trainer will legitimately want you to succeed because their progression in the company will depend on your success.

The atmosphere of the office (when you're actually there) is amazing. I have never had as much fun working somewhere. Nor has any other company that I've worked for pushed me to become a better person. This was definitely an experience that I learned from.

Cons

Don't be fooled, this is B2B, and Door to Door Sales. You will be knocking on people's doors or walking into "random" small to mid-sized businesses trying to convince them to buy something from you. If you're not comfortable with that idea, you won't make it.

The job is straight commission paid. It's not necessarily a horrible thing for some, but I promise you IT IS FOR MOST. There are no benefits until one makes it to management. It's very easy to get promoted to "Leader", but NEARLY impossible to make it to management. This means No PTO and No Insurance.

The turn-over is near 95% within a year of working for this, or any Cydcor affiliate. As in, the chances that an individual will last at this company for more than 8 months, are slim to none for the vast majority of people.

As I stated before, your progression within the company will depend on the people you interview and train. If they can't hack it, you won't be promoted, regardless of how successful you are in the field.

Your work / life balance will be almost nonexistent. The hours are crazy, and you will be dead tired at the end of the day if you did your job right. Don't expect to have much of a social life outside of your coworkers, because you won't.

The Encoa side of the office changed it's name from Rock Executives and merged with Triec Group when they moved to their new location. Part of it was because it made logistical sense. However, I have more than an inkling that another part of it had to do with Rock Executives' poor general public perception.

As hard as it may be; don't play favorites. I know it's easier to be friendly with the employees that are making you the most money, but it does confuse the whole "Boss or Friend" dynamic. It might be best if management stood clear of employees outside of work almost entirely.

Try to remember that sometimes people need a break from time to time. It's a hard (albeit somewhat rewarding) job.

Other than that, you guys rock.