Trigger LLC Reviews

Updated August 24, 2014
Updated August 24, 2014

4.2

Jason Yim

Great company with some fantastic people to work with.

I worked at Trigger LLC as an intern

Pros

Friendly culture and creative environment.

Cons

Parking lot is very small.

A talented and creative team with a passion for great design

Former Employee - Art Director  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Art Director in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Trigger LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Trigger is a tight-knit crew of talented designers, developers, and producers. They work with both entertainment clients and brands so the projects are fun, diverse and challenging. The founders of the company are dedicated to doing great work and pursuing opportunities that provide the greatest potential to evolve in the ever-changing digital landscape.

Recently, Trigger has acquired a handful of really forward-thinking clients that are focused on leveraging new technology on mobile devices to engage their customers. This is an amazing opportunity for the company to grow and expand their capabilities.

As a member of the creative team, I had the pleasure of collaborating with the CEO and Creative Director on numerous digital products. This unique opportunity enabled me be involved in the early stages of design, where concepting and prototyping would help identify which ideas were the most marketable. This direct access to management also providing insight into the business side of running a company which I found to be extremely valuable.

Cons

Trigger tends to run a little lean on resources and timelines therefore there isn’t as much opportunity to learn techniques and tools from your peers and colleagues. On the flip side, it forces you to take initiative and make decisions on your own. If you’re planning on freelancing someday this is a good way to become self sufficient.

In order for Trigger to progress as a pioneer in the industry, I think they should continue to target opportunities outside of their sweet spot. By engaging new clients and new technology Trigger will excel in this evolving industry.

As part of an agile workflow, Trigger should continue to utilize multidisciplinary project teams where designers, developers, and producers are engaged in all phases of a project. By optimizing planning, all team members would therefore influence and elevate the end product.

A Rewarding Experience

Former Employee - Associate Producer  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Producer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Trigger LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

When I first started as an Associate Producer at Tigger I didn't really know what to expect. They told me that it would be a lot of hours and late nights at times, which I expected because I had worked as a Project Manager at another organization previously. What I didn't consider was the fact that they had an office in China so late night were more the typical than a sometimes situation. I was able to adjust to this because of the rewarding experience.

I had the opportunity to do a lot of cool things while I worked at Trigger. I found myself working on large projects for even larger movie studios. I got to take meetings on the lot, attend movie screenings, and even a movie red carpet premiere. It was an amazing experience.

Not only did I get to do all of the cool items above I learned so much. Not only from my experiences, but from the team at Trigger on how to deal with larger Enterprise clients.

It was a great experience.

Another pro was the getting the opportunity to worked with seasoned knowledgeable individuals not only in the Production Department, but in Tech and Creative as well.

Cons

Of course the hours were a con, but if you are serious about your improving and learning more about your discipline then this company is a great opportunity.

Also when working with seasoned individuals sometimes they can come off as intimidating. The trick for me there was to push through that by continuing to ask questions. Eventually they wil understand that you care about the projects, and want to learn.

My advice for management, which I shared with them was to focus on the learning opportunities at the organization and to look for employees that were serious about working in the entertainment industry.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Inspiring colleagues

Former Employee - Web Producer  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Web Producer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Trigger LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Met some of the most competent co-workers i've ever worked with here. Everyone was very professional, respected each other, and got the job done extremely well, which meant every project was one to be proud of.

Founders have been in the company for years - it was a very stable and down to earth kind of environment to work in.

Built an amazing portfolio working here, when i moved home, i didn't even need to look for a new job - the job found me.

Sometimes when i am stuck in a sticky situation at my new job, i would think of how my ex-co-workers will react when they are in the situation and try to approach it the same way.

Would i go back to work if the opportunity arise in the future? Definitely.

Cons

Communication is sometimes a issue sometimes because of the Shanghai team's mother tongue is Chinese, but luckily i spoke both languages.

The longer working hours is true; but this is the nature of the industry. It is the same for every agency i've worked in. It also really boils down to the fact that everyone is really commited to what they're doing. Because there are 2 offices in different time zones with different holidays, you can either drop your briefs in an email and then go home, or stay a bit longer to make sure that the brief is in right, check in on the team to make sure things keep moving.

Capable people only - low tolerance for non-performers. You need to be very good at what you do to earn a place here. Usually within a month, you will either have proven yourself, or plan to leave already.

More vacation days to make up for the longer hours.

Great coworkers in a challenging field

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Trigger LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This place is filled with really creative and smart people, especially management. In an incredibly challenging field of constantly changing technology, the core group here has been working together for over a decade and grown their business when others were shuttering their doors.

Cons

Long hours, some communication issues can arise from working with overseas development teams.

Get more agressive in helping newer/greener staff maintain a sustainable work/life balance. This is an industry that attracts workaholics that will eventually burn themselves out or get wandering eyes for greater pay if they're going to give up a majority of their waking hours.

stay clear, long hours=no life

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Trigger LLC

Pros

It's an entertainment agency but you will have no life. You'll work on some decent projects.

Cons

Communication and clarity are huge issues. Runs like a sweat shop and they don't care about work/life balance. SWEAT SHOP!

Send your managers to SCRUM training and get a real HR person. Organization is a huge issue.

Good place for creatives

Former Employee - Senior Illustrator and Designer  in  Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Former Employee - Senior Illustrator and Designer in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I worked at Trigger LLC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I enjoy working in Trigger due to following reasons:

-Firstly, for most of employees, company stability is all-important. I would admire Trigger for being very much to the point. There always have sweet boon to delight you.

-Secondly, clients of Trigger are forward-looking and thirst for the new ideas, the latest advanced technology to serve their products.Trigger definitely plays leading role in the interactive media industry.

-Thirdly, We are facing new challenges all the time which forces us to learn and improve ourselves. Trigger tries her best to guarantee the working enjoyment and increase our enthusiasm on projects to gain fulfillment.

-Fourthly, Trigger respects personal wishes. Opportunities are offered to experiment possibility, to explore the knowledge in various fields and to innovate under the premise of not affecting the project progress. I can insist on my advantageous work as well as ask for gaining new skills to discover individual potential.

-Fifthly, the good relationship between team members makes me relaxing to display my capabilities. I would consider it as an cultural feature of Trigger, which includes fair, respect and trust. Good communication and people skill ensure our work running smoothly.

Plus, as an illustrator of Trigger my work was absolutely with great fun. I could try many kinds of art style I wanted if I was permitted to test in more creative way. From concept arts, character design to comic drawing or graphic novel, enough projects for practicing brand-new skills and being professional.

With the 5+ years working experience, I have been closer to my future goal. Great appreciation for Trigger.

Cons

-Some projects are in tight budget and require heavy workload. We undergo high-efficient and high-concentrated work flow. Our nerves are stretched and continuously feeling stressful.
    Of course during my stay Trigger has already made great efforts on such issue.From another perspective, we are trained to not waste time and make the correct decision immediately.

-Occasionally we have the problem of time difference, mainly the feedback or comments are not provided in time. But it also allows us enough hours for completing our work during LA resting time. LA team will get the result when Shanghai group is falling sleep.

I would suggest to restore the essential fundamental English class for Shanghai team.

I had one of the best moment in my professional experience working at Trigger

I worked at Trigger LLC

Pros

Friendly working environment with freedom to push my creative boundary.

Cons

I had nothing bad to say... it was an incredible opportunity for me.

very inovative company, you'll expect to grow and the company itself will help you and give you a chance to succed.....

Current Employee - Laser Operator and and Autocad Design In Charge for the Sample Products  in  Lapu-Lapu Number Two (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Laser Operator and and Autocad Design In Charge for the Sample Products in Lapu-Lapu Number Two (Philippines)

I have been working at Trigger LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

stable company and has a great compensation, can really rely with it that you're family could never experience hunger and will have better future.....

Cons

safety awareness and their safety department is still needs to be developed

open for any openion to their fellows for the the better purposes of the company management....

very challenging.....

Current Employee - Laser Operator/Programmer  in  Lapu-Lapu City (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Laser Operator/Programmer in Lapu-Lapu City (Philippines)

I have been working at Trigger LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

stable company and the compenstion is very high

Cons

so far none i can say against the manegement....

no more words to say
    very well manage by the management

Worked for Trigger LLC? Contribute to the Community!