Trillium Family Services

Trillium Family Services Reviews

Updated Jul 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Very supportive environment to learn and grow!

Skills Trainer Supervisor (Former Employee) Corvallis, OR

ProsGenerous Benefit Package and a supportive atmosphere and supports growth, learning, and compassionate care to all.

ConsPay rates were competitive with the market however given the nature of the work were significantly under valued.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotions

Integrity, supportive, inclusive work environment

Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsCoworkers and management are great. My immediate supervisors have been supportive, knowledgeable, and advocate for a healthy work/life balance. Upper management seems to follow through on improvements needed and noted by staff. The company works hard to do the best it can do for children and families who are experiencing significant mental health issues.

ConsThe Electronic Health Records software has been problematic for a long time (clunky interface, inefficient layout, lock-ups/crashes often) but it sounds like vendor will be brought in within a year to get a new EHR system up and running.
    I have experienced several instances where I feel like I received poor training especially from supervisors or from staff whose sole job is to train staff. Not sure where the breakdown occurs, but this has been a rather problem.
    The pay rate is not great and raises appear hard to come by.
    The company has a low amount of full time non-residential non-administrative non-management jobs. It's the nature of what the company does (primarily residential programs).

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what is working in terms of being inclusive, transparent, and hiring (and maintaining) supportive quality supervisors. Tune in to issues with poor training. Poor training amounts to poor efficiency (aka higher costs due to staff taking longer to do a better job) and poor morale (staff not feeling as capable, effective, and up to the task as they otherwise could feel).

Worked for Trillium Family Services? Contribute to the Community!