Trilogy Health Services

Randy Bufford

Stay Away!!!

Former Employee - Environmental Services Supervisor in Peru, IN
    Former Employee - Environmental Services Supervisor in Peru, IN

I worked at Trilogy Health Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay, PTO, work life balance

Cons

There were too many to list

I feel like I need to tell my story so in case you are considering employment with this company that you pause. First off the orientation with this company is purely puffery to inform you how awesome Trilogy is, but gives you no real practical training in what to expect. My experience in my particular campus boiled down to the fact the Executive Director I thought really had no idea what department was in charge of certain tasks. I would think the man that has Executive Director on his office door would have a very firm grasp of everything from who vacuums the floors to who fills out certain paperwork. The way in which you learned how things are ran is by performing them "wrong", being reprimanded, then learning the correct way, when in fact you were never trained or informed of these practices to begin with. Housekeeping and laundry in this campus are treated like peons, and "housekeeping will take care of it" seems to the be a mantra. Communication was lacking in every regard from department to department, the chosen way of communicating was by email when your offices are literally right down the hall from one another. Don't let this company fool you, by offering compassionate service and exceeding your expectations. The nurses and aids are grossly understaffed (up to 16 residents per aid!). Management at campus level have two priorities, making sure there are heads in all the beds, and doing well on the biannual customer service survey. Oh, and if you are a maintenance man, good luck performing all the things that they expect from you, along with serving meals to residents, and making calls to family members discussing how things are going. You are only allowed 40 hours a week to perform your duties when 4-5 of those hours are spent making phone calls, serving meals, and sitting in meetings with others staff members discussing things that have no relavance to you or your department. Not to mention the blatant disregard for deceased peoples items. You were told to move people's personal affects from their rooms they had died in, move them to the ED's office, so they could flip the room and move another resident in with hours!! It's a business just like any other!! Don't let them fool you!! It's all about appearances!! They push off building repairs that need done, but will spend thousands of dollars on flowers in the spring time!! Handwashiing, sanitation, and infection control is a joke! Their are no isolation rooms, anyone with a blood born illness, can be put into any room, and be allowed around other employees and other residents. There is no consistency from campus to campus regarding isolation, and infection control!!! I just have one more thing to say...the ED asked me one day,"You don't clean carpet do you?". I am the Environmental Services Director, this particular ED has been with this company 9 years and that is the question i get? WOW!!!

Most disorganized mess of a company I've ever seen

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Batesville, IN
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Batesville, IN

I worked at Trilogy Health Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Health Benefits are good that is all the positive I have to say.

Cons

Poor management. Turnover rate phenominally high. Witnessed management let patient abuses slide, lied about reporting this to state. Pay practices are deceptive and change constantly at whim. Too much unnescessay paperwork. Too much politics. Staff overworked and berrated in front of residents and residents families. They do not follow their own standards gossipy and rude management. Play favorites

Fired every one of you building "leaders" and start from scratch! There is a reason your turnover rate is so high.

Not a good experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Battle Creek, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Battle Creek, MI

I have been working at Trilogy Health Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are OK, rate of pay competitive.Facilities well maintained.

Cons

They claim they treat employees like gold but that does not happen. Upper management threatens to fire employees on a daily basis. Have seen many employees reduced to tears related to treatment from facility and corporate management . "Campus Support" personnel are a joke,offering no support or guidance, just belittling and threatening campus staff to make themselves look good. . Politics and back stabbing are the norm.

Lay off the politics,playing favorites, and focus on the care of the residents.

support staff

I have been working at Trilogy Health Services full-time

Pros

Nice people, good looking facility.

Cons

My only remark would be I interview for the position and mind you I was more then qualified for the position. They offered my the position, I felt the dollar amount was low for the amount of work I would be doing. I countered offer that was 2 weeks ago. The person that offered me the position has not called me back to say yes or no. I feel that shows a lack of professionalism and lack of care for a potential employee.
    The other part the benefits are horrid.

Advice to management follow through, improve communication, professionalism needs work.

Poor Company to Work For

Current Employee - Director of FoodService-Chef in Greensburg, IN
    Current Employee - Director of FoodService-Chef in Greensburg, IN

I have been working at Trilogy Health Services full-time

Pros

weekly pay, work-life balance, residents

Cons

management needs to buy into culture. Gossipy drama throughout the director level staff

non

This company has the worst in and out managementof any company I have ever worked with.

Former Employee - CNA in Shelbyville, IN
    Former Employee - CNA in Shelbyville, IN

I worked at Trilogy Health Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The only good reasons to work at Trilogy is that their insurence doesn't entirely suck.

Cons

The pay is horrible. The management is horrible. Many people get fired just because the company wants to be cheap. They expect too much out of their aides for them to be doing an appropriate job. A typical workload is at least 16-20 residents.

Walk a mile in your aides shoes, because they are the heart of extended care facilities, and if you don't staff enough of them your clients are not getting the care they deserve or need.

Stay Away from the Evansville Trilogy

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Evansville, WI
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Evansville, WI

I have been working at Trilogy Health Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Residents..and being paid weekly not much else to be happy about here
    I wish we had better leaders here but we dont

Cons

Poor management!!!! Its all about money and who your friends with.The Unit Managers need to be replaced with ones who will actually do their job INSTEAD of playing favorites or too busy trying to get someone to work for them so they can go gambling,football games or camping
    WOW its not like you dont get every weekend off
    And the kitchen staff on one certain unit needs to do their job and keep their nose out of what is happening in the nursing side

Quit and let someone who actually cares do the job

Resident are great, home office folks have no class, backward in their social and business skills, catty and pretentious

I have been working at Trilogy Health Services full-time

Pros

Thr residents and local employees are genuine.

Cons

Corporate office in kentucky is gossip central. They practice swoop and poop management. Their accounting practices are backward. Talk about disorganized. They work really hard at selling how caring they are, but they only care about what they can get out of you. They make a lot of promises but underpay, take advantage of poor people and burn out the workers.

Try to actually work at a community for a week, every day, before you render your all knowing judgement. I had 6 different managers in 1year. This facility had 4 administrators in 3 years. Make sure your DVDs know the regs in the state they manage.

Always frustrated as rules changed daily.

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Greencastle, IN
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Greencastle, IN

I worked at Trilogy Health Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Weekly pay. Great ideas / visions at corporate level. Social service personal do a great job getting campus involved in community activities and having the community involved with the campus.

Cons

Not enough staff to help. Upper management doesn't understand admission process and having enough staff on hand to do them accurately, professionally, et in a timely manner. Local management makes there own rules! Giving jobs to friends / family instead of posting them.

Corporate needs to closely monitor local sites.

Unique healthcare company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

I have been working at Trilogy Health Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

$10 gas card monthly
    Weekly pay

Cons

Senior leadership does not practice standards like 10 foot rule
    Service standards are often not attainable due to senior leadership lack of understanding of practical operations of individual facility and resident needs or desires

When asked for assistance do not say" its a standard" without a solution for the problem.
    Find the root of the problem and not the result as to not be reactionary to an issue

Trilogy Health Services Photos