Trilogy Health Services Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
Randy Bufford

Pros
  • Of course the weekly pay, the perks such as gas reimburstment, good benefits (in 6 reviews)

• weekly pay, work-life balance, residents (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not care about employees at all (in 4 reviews)

• Short staffed, limited twelve hr shifts (in 3 reviews)

1. First year was great. After that it becomes tidious.

Current Employee - Chef in Shelby Township, MI
    Current Employee - Chef in Shelby Township, MI

I have been working at Trilogy Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Room to be creative. Good base pay. Fun, friendly environment.

Cons

Very small room for growth as a cook. Management is poor. Pay raises are extremely low ( a couple cents a year)

2. care versus employee treatment

Former Employee - Care Provider in Evansville, IN
    Former Employee - Care Provider in Evansville, IN

I worked at Trilogy Health Services (More than a year)

Pros

Residents get great care and some go back home

Cons

All nurses not doing patient care HAVE to come in on their time off to work, any day any and all shifts. Staff are allowed to be hateful and go against managers and no one is punished. Some staff take up to 15 breaks a shift, on the night shift.

Advice to Management

Make sure your promotions are based in expertise and not in job longevity. Do exit interviews.

3. Life Enrichment Associate

Current Employee - Life Enrichment Associate in Okemos, MI
    Current Employee - Life Enrichment Associate in Okemos, MI

I have been working at Trilogy Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lead by example attitude, upbeat and friendly environment

Cons

Always busy, pulled in many directions.

5. good company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conover, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conover, NC

I worked at Trilogy Health Services (More than a year)

Pros

weekly pay, good benefits, great company

Cons

none to speak of

Not recommended for prospective employees

Former Employee - Nurse in West Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Nurse in West Lafayette, IN

I worked at Trilogy Health Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Plenty of hours, floor staff is generally friendly, frequent position openings, easy hiring process.

Cons

High turnover, virtually non-existent training, poor staff to patient ratio, resulting in unsatisfactory patient care (in my professional opinion). Unreliable staffing of aides, (count on being understaffed day due to call ins). Not enough equipment to move patients (example 1 stand-up lift for 28 patients, all of whom required it for transfer to wheelchairs, toilet, bed, etc). Poor pay. My personal experience was at Cumberland Pointe Health Campus in West Lafayette, Indiana. I was given two shifts of training as a brand new, freshly licensed nurse, and turned loose on my own with 16 patients to care for, and state inspection occurring. D.O.N. cannot be trusted, and is manipulative and lied directly to my face, then dodged me afterward when I found out she was trying to bluff me. Received an offer from another facility, to start in 11 days, put all of that time frame notice in same day, attempted to bully me and make veiled threats on my license for not giving a full 14 plus days notice (keep in mind, I'd been a nurse for all of 4 days at this point, and had already agreed to fulfill everything they had me scheduled for at that point). This also occurred after I attempted to speak her no less than 4 consecutive days, and was ignored and didn't have calls returned. Had previously been an aide while waiting to take state exams, and had personally witnessed labor violations such as 16 year old aides working doubles. Once I became a nurse, I never got another break. I work with a few people who worked for this company at my current employer, and I hear a similar tale from them too. I also had interactions while a family member was at the sister facility across town, Creasy Springs, and I was extremely dissatisfied with the care given. This was not from the floor staff standpoint, as they were utterly understaffed and busting their humps to do what they could, but when it takes 3 days to find a non ambulatory, fresh post knee replacement patient a wheelchair, and to evaluate them, and pain medication often took a couple of hours to get after requests, this is not putting the "care" in health care. I had multiple meetings with management at this facility regarding care, and it was purely lip service. They blew me off as soon as I walked out the door. A good place to get a reputation you may not want following you, purely based on business practices. Compared with the employer I've been at since, I'm fortunate to have left. Your license will be at risk daily, simply because of the way management does things.

Advice to Management

Worry less about profit and more about the lives of the people we are supposed to care for. Staff adequately, PAY the staff enough to retain them. Implement a preceptorship with experienced staff mentoring inexperienced staff. Consider if the patient was your immediate family member, would you be pleased with the care? Be professional, accountable, and treat your staff as valued team members. We are all skilled and have the means to take our skills elsewhere, and usually do. Staff will make you, or break you. We love what we chose to do for a living, and to get a degree in. Give us the tools to not only be a success, but to make YOU a success. Success is not just measured in a dollar sign.

7. Middle Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Trilogy Health Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic Trilogy Service Standards Great people in many positions

Cons

No longevity No retention of great people No transparency

Advice to Management

Uphold your standards, not hide behind them

Poor management

Former Employee - CNA
    Former Employee - CNA

I worked at Trilogy Health Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

weekly pay, great coworkers and residents, benefits

Cons

Little communication, you can't express your opinions at all without being threatened, company and management kept changing too much, you probably won't stay in the same spot. Very short staffed which caused us stress while working.

Advice to Management

treat your employees better

9. Cna

Former Employee - CBA in Galveston, IN
    Former Employee - CBA in Galveston, IN

I worked at Trilogy Health Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work and great staff!

Cons

No cons while employed their

Advice to Management

Keep up the great relationship you have with the staff on the floor

10. be wary

Former Employee - Rather Not Say in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Rather Not Say in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Pros

weekly pay nice facility without clutter no constant paging overhead

Cons

They talk a good game, but don't live up to their own hype. Don't think CEO would be happy with how some facilities function. godawful uniforms for everyone

Great vision, poor campus management!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zanesville, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zanesville, OH

I have been working at Trilogy Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The residents are wonderful and much of the clinical staff is as well. The organizations' mission and vision are outstanding and the employee perks are nice. PTO accrual is generous and there is a monthly gas stipend, which is an added bonus.

Cons

Communication is poor and mostly non-existent. The management team forgets why we run a nursing facility and can only concentrate on how much money they can earn in bonuses. Unethical and immoral practices are the norm and policies only exist for those on the floor. Leadership is the "cover your butt" style and write hundreds of coffee breaks half addressing things and walk around telling you to sign them while you are busy focusing on resident care. Housekeeping and maintenance are a joke. How many days in a row can soap and paper towel dispensers go without supplies? Should they not be checked while you are cleaning, oh thats right, you dont clean, it social hour on the company's dime. The pay is below average even for seasoned staff.

Advice to Management

Randy, it would behoove you to know what is really going on in sattelite campuses. Do they have the required staff or are they short changing the residents and your employees? Also, training in the importance of effective communication skills and techniques would go a long way in employee retention. Lazy people should not move up the corporate ladder, imagine program coordinators that put their feet up on the nursing station while call lights are going off on a regular basis. The value of integrity should be of the utmost importance in health care, yet a group text message was sent out stating that "every employee should complete the annual employee survey, answering with all exceptional responses because an exceptional rating would increase the staffing budget!" In turn the text should have read, an exceptional rating means the management staff gets an exceptional bonus and you will still work far belowing staffing minimums.

RSS Feed </> Embed