Trimedx Reviews

I like my job

Current Employee - Technical Service  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Service in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Trimedx full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work-systems are excellent. The technical software is homegrown and it's the best I've seen. I hear it's being replaced and the new system has bugs but the platform is good.

I get a lot of support from the corporate office. It's faith-based but not force-fed. My annual review is coming up and I've never worked for a company that takes it so seriously.

Cons

I don't work long hours but when I am working, there is no time for anything but work. For remote employees, it's difficult to see who exactly is driving the ship and where it's going. E-mails come out and we get updates from the bosses but that's all back in Indianapolis.

Communicate strategy better (please).

Fake based organization

Former Employee - Clinical Engineering Manager  in  Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Clinical Engineering Manager in Fresno, CA

I worked at Trimedx full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent program
    Cost saving to customers
    Reliable RSQ system
    Good backoffice support

Cons

Dictatorship
    Care less about staff and their expertise
    Money is their one and only concern, even though they express otherwise
    Worst treatment for employees that could be in the US
    You always feel under appreciated, and can be fired at any moment
    very narrow and short horizon, especially VP positions
    Doesn't allow growth, unless you are the abiding to the dictator regardless of the customer needs

Instead of looking for ways to cut costs, start looking why your turn around is sooooo HIGH,
    Break the wall built by the VPs, listen to suggestions directly from the source, and not through the hierarchy channel, cause again, it will hit that wall

Stressful

I worked at Trimedx

Pros

Business is allegedly christian based

Cons

Uninformed management with little experience in healthcare

Listen to and respect your seasoned employees

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome growth opportunity

Current Employee - Corporate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Corporate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Trimedx full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been with the company for 6 years and each year has yielded a new experience and a new challenge. Great challenges and things to learn. No two days are the same. Great people to work with. Passion for saving lives and you feel good at the end of the day when you go home that you really made a difference.

Cons

The main challenges are adapting to change. Just when you think you have something figured out, it changes. The industry is complex and sometimes that is difficult to grasp. All in all, that is a good thing though...you will never get bored or content. If you like maintenance mode, don't come here.

Start looking at us as a $500M organization. We are well past the $150M mark, so lets start acting like it. WE need to make some changes to turn that corner. Don't be afraid to over hire on talent and hire to the bench instead of day to day. Get ahead of the curve.

Set Low Expectations and You Won't be Disappointed

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Trimedx full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong benefits program. Stable environment for those doing at least average work. Exceptional investment by the company in BMETS. HR Seems to be well-funded.

Cons

No career planning for salaried associates and minimal training opportunities. Different work rules for different departments. Performance review process is set up to make everyone look average. Constant churn of policies and procedures (e.g. Switch to Front-Loaded PTO, Salary Bands, Travel Demands, Travel Policy) all seem to benefit the company.

Understand what Talent Acquisition is promising new hires and make sure they follow through. Make genuine efforts to promote from within. Quit moving the goal posts - there's always one more thing that needs to happen before we're "done".

great place to work

I have been working at Trimedx full-time

Pros

the willingness to train you to make you better not only for yourself but for the company

Cons

can be very stressful at time try to manage all the equipment that we deal with

Still biting off more than they can chew...

Current Employee - Biomedical Technician
    Current Employee - Biomedical Technician

I have been working at Trimedx full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great if you're an employee of their central office (project managers, VP's, etc.). Big salaries and high fives are all around.

Cons

Bad decisions have been made in regards to already overwhelmed technicians taking on additional equipment responsibilities which were originally the facilities engineers' obligations (sterilizers, bed repair, etc.). Some demands made on technical staff have absolutely nothing to do with their day to day responsibilities, mostly due to management not understanding or respecting the profession. Serious lack of faith in technicians' judgement in regards to calling in vendors or sending out devices to vendors. Management staff are being hired on with less and less hospital experience. Technician advancement is only available in the form of relocation or becoming a "plus one" manager.

Stop delegating work to technicians that should be done at the central office level (excessive data entry, procurement follow ups, constant device inventorying). Validation teams and data entry/admin staff at the central office level should be managing these responsibilities. Stop taking on equipment that is outside of the technicians' skill sets just to sell a contract. Get your own house in order before taking on more hospital accounts. Hire management/directors who at the very least have some biomedical/clinical engineering/healthcare experience.

fast-paced office, semi-religious, lots of growth.

Current Employee - Analyst/Specialist  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Analyst/Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Trimedx full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

job security, faith-based participation optional, core values are legit. More new faces by the day it seems. I've had two bosses so far and no complaints about either of them.

Cons

more work to be done than time to do it. There are a few too many bean counters as of late. I guess that comes with the growth???

Please start doing town-hall meetings again. They were great and I always felt informed.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Corporate Office Worker  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Corporate Office Worker in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Trimedx full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are the best I've ever seen, definitely lives their core values, opportunities to perform volunteer work, good internal promotion opportunities available.

Cons

Rapid growth and the adjustments that come from it require everyone to be flexible. Things to change rapidly, but they are changing for a positive reason - growth!

More communication would be great.

Company Truly Driven By Mission, Vision and Core Values

Current Employee - Engagement Specialist  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Engagement Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Trimedx full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am supported with the training, resources and coaching I need to deliver the best possible product.The culture of this workplace is very positive and filled with folks who deeply care for one another, work hard, and play hard. Their are also fantastic recognition programs in place to ensure that managers and associates are giving and receiving the thanks they need to create an atmosphere of appreciation. I am still blown away by the reverence (the leaders and organization as a whole) has to prioritizing God, customers and their associates with servant leadership.

Cons

Their has been a steady pace of rapid growth in this organization for years. On one hand its very exciting and healthy, on the other hand it forces folks to deal with change, and creates a need for flexibility with jumping in when needed. Not all a bad thing...but can keep you on your toes!

Continue to manage and care for your associates with servant leadership! And its always best to over-communicate, versus under-communicate.

Worked for Trimedx? Contribute to the Community!