Trimedx Reviews

Reset
2.9
Greg Ranger

1. Management

Pros

Amazing support group to help on site Managers and technicians. Good upward mobility and training programs to help individuals grow within the company.

Cons

Too many tedious requirements and reporting from corporate office. Not aware of day to day demands of Hosp management.

Advice to Management

Relate more to the day to day requirements of techs and managers. Processes designed to help become more requirements for techs/management without clear direction or results.

2. It's ok raises are not very generous

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Love the job it self

Cons

Lots of over time

Advice to Management

Pay your hard workers a decent wage and give them raises

3. great place to start out

Current Employee - Imaging Engineer Manager in New Rochelle, NY
    Current Employee - Imaging Engineer Manager in New Rochelle, NY

I have been working at Trimedx (More than a year)

Pros

Training on multiple mfg possible

Cons

Increasingly bureaucratic rules from headquarters

Advice to Management

More Service focus , Less corporate

TriMedx

I worked at Trimedx full-time

Pros

Excellent quality of life Competitive salary Company is growing rapidly

Cons

Growing pains are significant Executive team dysfunction

Advice to Management

Focus

Not recommended for honest Technicians

Former Employee - Biomed Tech III in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Biomed Tech III in Nashville, TN

Pros

Not recommended to good and honest Techs.

Cons

- Dishonesty is there policy, you have to close your work order in there time frame even if the machine still broken. - they say that we do Performance Assurance not preventive maintenance, although the user is doing P.A. every day before starting the machine( the machine pass the start up self test, and the daily user check). -Through out 7 years we didn't get more than 2 raises with value between 50 cents up to $1.00 - In the Nation Biomed Day you get a gift Coupon for $10.00 you spend it to buy turkey or beef at Kroger. -you can't use the original Vendor if there is a third party company can do the Job cheaper, without looking at the quality. - they love the Techs who go and finish they WOs fast even if they just put PA sticker or closed the repair work order without repairing the machine, and the manager never question the repeatency of calling the machine in, unless one of the big people at the Hospital will point finger at the Biomed. - the pay is less than the big or most common Biomed pay. -...................................etc

Advice to Management

Remember that we all there for the patient by doing quality Job, not just for the manager to get good bounces and salaries.

Clueless About Healthcare Technology Management

Current Employee - Biomedical Equipment Technician
    Current Employee - Biomedical Equipment Technician

I have been working at Trimedx full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The Indianapolis central office appears to be more focused on technician training and test equipment needs than in the past. Good prospects if you're a project manager, director or any other admin profession.

Cons

Inexperienced technical management (their "manager plus one" program doesn't work). Poor advancement prospects for technicians (no technician hierarchy). Operations are conflicted due to the use of metrics, KPI's and other business measurement tools, trying to implement for-profit methods in a non-profit environment. Vendor related training is like making a deal with the devil as Trimedx will send a factory trained tech from their hospital to a hospital elsewhere in the U.S. to maintain/repair something that the staff is not trained on. In-sourcing tech work is flawed, unrealistic and creates staff workload due to poor planning (ex.: Drop equipment contracts then realize they need to hire more staff to support it). Procurement and purchases are unnecessarily scrutinized with double management approvals (I've yet to be denied any purchase requests since this was implemented, it just takes more time). "Use it or lose it" PTO policy is not good for technicians whose daily attendance is in large demand.

Advice to Management

Listen to your technicians! Listen and make strong considerations regarding their suggestions. Don't poo-poo them or deflect them to a subordinate manager, act on them. Reconsider the PTO policy and dollar minimum for the training reimbursement agreement.

Fake Based is correct

Former Employee - Business Development Analyst in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Business Development Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Trimedx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great PTO and healthcare benefits, work-life balance great. Nice office environment

Cons

Upper management infighting left hand not knowing what right hand was doing Weird cultish behavior at times hidden behind a thinly veiled religious theme. For such a "wholesome environment" there was a lot of uneasiness and paranoia going on especially at the upper management level. As long as you had your nose in the right persons slot you were fine, if not then watch your back buddy, regardless of level of performance

Advice to Management

Wake up and smell the reality, really listen to your people, you have a magnificent service with a ridiculous profit margin. I know you keep spinning off these mini Trimedx's but your time will come if you don't watch yourselves. Maybe if the company wasn't faith based I wouldn't bother even writing this.... can you say blasphemous behavior ??

9. Enough with the technical training, already!

Current Employee - Service Engineer in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Service Engineer in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Trimedx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Glassdoor wants me to talk about good things, so here goes: the health benefits are really good. I hear the benefits are better in the Midwest because the big hospital system that owns trimedx is based out there but compared to where I was, the costs are lower for pretty much everything. They match the 401k (but it’s got a different name…and I really don’t like paperwork but there’s no way around that. They don’t give you a car but miles are reimbursed and that shows up pretty much in a week or two. There is this training program for managers and engineers which I have always thought was the way to bring people through the ranks. My manager is kind of inexperienced but he tries hard and he is pretty smart. The recruiter told me the work schedule would be predictable and so far that is correct. For the benefit of other technical people, they use their own software for PMs, repairs, parts, and a whole bunch of other things. It's far from ideal but I challenge anyone to show me a tool that works better.

Cons

I think most people in our field like to go to technical training. I used to like to go but im at a spot where I can work on most anything in my field and the training isn’t necessary for me. I just returned from a week of training and was told as soon as I got back that I’m going back to training in a few weeks. I know what you are thinking: life could be worse, right? The problem for me is that I like working on equipment and that’s pretty hard to do when you are spending a lot of time in a classroom in Wisconsin, TN, or Ohio. Maybe Im becoming grumpy as I get old???

Advice to Management

None at the time.

10. I like my job

Current Employee - Technical Service in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Service in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Trimedx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work-systems are excellent. The technical software is homegrown and it's the best I've seen. I hear it's being replaced and the new system has bugs but the platform is good. I get a lot of support from the corporate office. It's faith-based but not force-fed. My annual review is coming up and I've never worked for a company that takes it so seriously.

Cons

I don't work long hours but when I am working, there is no time for anything but work. For remote employees, it's difficult to see who exactly is driving the ship and where it's going. E-mails come out and we get updates from the bosses but that's all back in Indianapolis.

Advice to Management

Communicate strategy better (please).

Stressful

Pros

Business is allegedly christian based

Cons

Uninformed management with little experience in healthcare

Advice to Management

Listen to and respect your seasoned employees

RSS Feed </> Embed