Trinet Internet Solutions

3.2

John Carley

Great learning opportunity

I worked at Trinet Internet Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I'm very thankful for my experience at Trinet. I was given a lot of independence, trust and self-sufficiency at my post which allowed for lots of growth opportunities and the ability to excel. I was given a lot of support and had bright team members to help execute the tasks at hand. My team and I were able to innovate new ways of doing things and contribute to the excellence we strived for at Trinet.

I'm also very thankful for the times I was acknowledged for a job well done, which I believe motivates and drives people like me to continually work harder every day. Management was very good about encouraging me when appropriate, which I believe to be an important quality employees seek in their supervisors.

I'm thankful for the resources we had through the talented web development and design teams, the expertise and integrity of the Account Manager, and the savvy digital media strategists, just to name a few. Every day felt like a crash-course learning in something new, and by the end of my term, I feel that I have gained so much in what seems like such a short amount of time.

One of the most valuable things during the course of my time there were the co-workers. I can't believe the camaraderie I was able to build there with so many, if not all, of the team members there. Trinet genuinely has some of the best co-workers you could ask for.

Cons

Every company has its flaws but it's really what/how you make of it that will help you grow. Choose to make this a great learning experience for you and you will have tons to takeaway.

Good place to start but not a career

I worked at Trinet Internet Solutions full-time

Pros

The employees are great and fun to work with. The interactions between all teams: Design, Development, PM's, Marketing, and Engagement were the best.

Cons

Not much room for growth, the pay is on the low end of the scale, and the business model is too old to compete with other agencies.

Please change the business model and allow for employees from different teams to ask questions or raise concerns to help improve the company.

Thank you for the experience, mentorship, and opportunities to excel...

I worked at Trinet Internet Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

When others won't give you a chance because you aren't from the same industry, you're grateful to the company who will...

I entered Trinet with no prior web experience and what I appreciate from the company is, they gave me a chance to grow here. It was a risk they were willing to take and I appreciate it. The company was patient with my ramp up time to learn and excel at this company.

You fall in love with a company's values, direction, and employees. Truly, a company is only good as its employees and Trinet has amazing employees. Other places I've worked, people will backstab you to gain an advantage, but the employees here want to help you succeed and do well. I enjoyed hanging out with the employees and going to lunch with them. Everyone is friendly and that makes the work place a huge difference! Imagine coming to work with negative employees who will backstab you.. it's miserable! However at Trinet, the employees are absolutely wonderful.

Also, some of the clients we worked with, made each day more rewarding. It's not everyday you get to work on important projects for clients that will have a huge impact on their success and to know I was responsible to help them achieve that goal, made me feel like I'm contributing to the team.

Throughout the year, there are events the company has to help promote cohesion and fun! We have a company picnic, BBQ outside the parking lot, Christmas party, etc.

Cons

Not a con on Trinet's part but Irvine Spectrum can get really packed for lunch because of construction. Bring lunch to beat the crowd!

Finally, to end my review, i wanted to mention a "THANK YOU" to the management team and this includes the Director of IT and the Account Manager.. Your mentorship and friendship is appreciated. I've grown & learned so much working here and I know I can carry what I've learned into the next stage in my life.

Do not work here.

I have been working at Trinet Internet Solutions full-time

Pros

Absolutely no positive reason to work here. They make a lot of promises to employees and the promises never materialize. If you just had an interview or are thinking of taking a job offer from Trinet, I seriously urge you to reconsider. Not because I don't want to work with you, but this job is a dead end. If you are sane, smart, and a self respecting person, 3 - 12 months later you will leave wondering why you wasted so much valuable professional time.

Cons

Don't bother learning anyone's name because they won't be there tomorrow. Turnover is atrocious. 8 people just last month, and now the company is down to 25. The front door just spins.

Consider bringing your company into the 21st century or save recruited employees a bunch of time and dissolve.

So many positives...

I worked at Trinet Internet Solutions

Pros

I think the previous poster was over critical. There are a lot of positives to working at Trinet. For example, on Christmas Eve we get to leave at 4:30pm! Your family will be around the tree drinking eggnog, but you're at work BETTERING YOURSELF. Every 4th of July we have a tradition of all the employees setting up tents, tables, bringing food, drinks, etc and the owner provides us all with a $3 hamburger. Sure it's like you're working, but you get to be outside during your lunch break eating a $3 hamburger. I know you're jealous! AMIRITE?! I could go on for hours but I don't want to steal everyone's fond memories of Trinet.

Cons

I can't think of a con other than that your soul will die a slow death while working at Trinet. Who needs a soul anyway?!

Writing something here is a waste of space because they got it all figured out.

A place to grow, learn, and gain experience.

I worked at Trinet Internet Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Most employees are AMAZING seriously awesome group of people to work with, it is truly like a family. Awesome opportunities are given for you to learn and grow and develop professionally for all levels. Definitely not a dog eat dog office.

Cons

You can only grow so much here until eventually you become the teacher, and sadly you may become the teacher of someone who gets paid more than yourself, even though they don't as much as you do. Experience, not skill and results matter here a little more to determine your pay. High turnover

Good chance to learn and then leave in 9-12 months

I worked at Trinet Internet Solutions

Pros

Employees are given a pretty good amount of responsibility. I was an intern doing strategy reports for clients. There were some really smart and good people working there that I learned from, all of which were gone by the time I left after 9 months. You will get experience you might not get elsewhere - interns are not getting coffee, you are doing actual work.

Cons

Amazed at how many good, intelligent, highly productive people left the company while I was there. Turnover is high at all agencies but Trinet's model appears to be hire and pay low wages as a way to maintain their level of profitability. Because they choose to operate this way (which they have every right to), turnover is even higher here than at other agencies.

I fundamentally disagree with this model and I think they really fail to understand the cost to their profitability with a continual revolving door of employees. This affects the quality of work they clients get and the amount of time they spend recruiting and training new employees is brutal to the bottom line.

No company is perfect, but I think Trinet squanders opportunities as good, young talent is initially drawn to their company mission and client-types only to be disappointed at what they find when they get on the inside.

Try harder to develop and retain good employees. Increase the level of trust and transparency internally and externally to clients.

Trinet Internet Solutions Just Don't Do It

I have been working at Trinet Internet Solutions

Pros

An exceptional team of people, collaborative, creative, hard working, have their clients best interest in mind.

Cons

Upper management is paranoid to an extreme degree!! It's like an office full of robots who just do as they are told. People are consistently lied to about why people are no longer there. People who leave are ostracized, never allowed back in the building and have their email address blocked so no one can receive email. Human Resources will smile in your face while they stab you in the back repeatedly. They keep it gloomy, cold and woe to the person who smiles or speaks. Their bs open door policy is open the door to complain and the door will be opened for you to leave. Don't trust that anyone has your best interest in mind because they don't. There's a lot of good cop bad cop that goes on. Just remember, good cop is badder cop in disguise.

Don't leave people in the dark. Don't pretend to be some Christian culture when second chances are not in your nature. Don't lie to people. Don't waste people's time by having them come to interviews when you don't actually have an open position. Hire someone in Human Resources who has resources other than write ups. I know honesty is not in your policy or business model. Recognize good people when you you have them. Where did the girl at the front desk go, she up and disappeared. Let your staff talk to each other. Give up leading by Tyranny and you may have a chance.

A unique experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Trinet Internet Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pleasant and kind co-workers, work-life balance, nice location.

Cons

Senior management is paranoid and dishonest. No room for growth. Compensation is at the very low end of salary ranges.

Start treating your employees with respect.

many fake online reviews written by the two people in HR

I worked at Trinet Internet Solutions full-time

Pros

once you leave office no one bothers you. nice area of town, close to places to eat. array of client types and projects. clean, bright office with foosball table and kitchen. some really kind and fun people. casual dress, even CEO rarely wears business attire.

Cons

paranoid, mean-spirited, & disrespectful management. when you give notice to leave trinet, they do all they can to treat you like dirt and after you actually leave they tell staff that you "were not trinet material." programming team pushed too hard. management puts up fake reviews, how dishonest! no room for advancement - you will likely only go from intern to full-time. no benefits. low compensation. vast majority of strategy documents for clients created by an intern. tracks your every move in and out of the building. hourly employee; if you must take a 2 hour lunch to see a doctor, they will take 1 hour of pay out of your paycheck.

stop being so paranoid. it's a vicious cycle & that is the main reason why so many good people resign. the best people leave trinet, not stay. you say you are a christian company but management does not act like it at all.