Trinitas Ventures

Growing company, Lots of "HR" room for improvement

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

I worked at Trinitas Ventures full-time

Pros

Exciting to be a part of a company that is growing quickly and interested in change. Lots of opportunities to learn & grow & get your hands dirty. Beautiful corporate office. I was very happy with my career growth while at this company.

Cons

I was very dissatisfied with the HR practices. I had to fight for raises, even promised ones with promotions. Even worse, new people would be hired on at higher rates that long standing employees. The biggest con, though, is the corporate culture. There is an incredible amount of drama & gossip in the office that is distracting from work & destructive in nature.

Pay people what they are worth & take the gossip & drama seriously. Recruitment costs a lot of money & you are losing good people who are tired of the drama.

Great place to work at first then you realize

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Trinitas Ventures full-time

Pros

There are plenty of great people that you get to interact with at the corporate office, but after working with them you'll realize Trinitas hires many people that are not qualified for their jobs. The corporate office itself is nice, company is on track to continually grow and you will be able to make many important decisions because the company is still small.

Cons

For how much money Trinitas makes, they pay poorly especially for the amount of work they require you to do. You will find that upper management will ask you to do plenty of jobs that are not even close to your job position or job description. The yearly raises are not much at all and upper management seems like they do not know what they are doing most of the time. Everything is always so unorganized, there are no systems in place and you will feel like you are always fixing other people's mistake because Trinitas likes to hire inexperienced employees.

Get organized, higher more qualified leaders and pay your employees more to retain the talented people.

On the Right Track, TONS of Potential - Best Place I've Worked

Former Employee - Leasing Associate in Lexington, KY
    Former Employee - Leasing Associate in Lexington, KY

I worked at Trinitas Ventures full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Starting working for Trinitas during lease-up in 2013, the property manager at the time wasn't very as dedicated as the rest of the staff but we bonded together to make sure the property stayed afloat. I really enjoyed the flexibility and willingness to think forwardly regarding the market (Lexington). It was the first time I felt like I had an opinion that matter to my corporate office. I previously worked for AT&T and Best Buy so I was used to being just a number.

The office staff in Lexington was one of the best i've ever experienced. Everyone was hard working, intelligent, and very competent in customer service/sales and able to handle any problem that came our way.This is the model property of the ENTIRE PORTFOLIO.

I would love to come back and work for trinitas once i've completed my degree. I had to leave because I transferred universities.

Cons

Corporate micromanages the marketing $$ and doesn't spend them on the most effective forms of outreach. Its hard to call those kinds of shots from a couple hundred miles away.

Also once corporate was made less accessible by the property employees the vibe changed a little. But nothing too major.

Ease up on the marketing micro management, there are people/students who work there and are immersed in the campus community everyday who have a better idea of what will work and what type of events/ collateral that will best suit the market.

Worst company EVER (unless you're willing to sell your soul with the corporate office)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Trinitas Ventures full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The students (who you have to lie to in order to get a lease)
    Most of the office staff

Cons

Where to begin.. Pay, micromanaging, corporate only sees numbers instead of actual ppl, corporate changes policies after only having them in place for less than 3 months, students getting robbed in their apartments and office lying to parents about not knowing anything, the property manager is joke: walks in an hour late/leaves an hour early, doesn't know how to sign a lease. Property looks nice but it's really cheap with thin walls. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for any of Trinitas' properties.

Stick to a policy long enough to see results. Listen to your staff members and get rid of Karen.

Very good family biz - growing pains but that's why you get paid. Smart people see this, the rest are leasing agents.

Former Employee - Development Associate in Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Development Associate in Lafayette, IN

I worked at Trinitas Ventures full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

At corporate level, all very very good people. Pay is good but not great for people based on area of expertise and market rate for that position, surprising difference in salary between co workers. Company has desire to grow every year, and is working hard to operate its business in a way to make it happen, even so they are making plenty of money along the way. Competent new executive staff being added. For someone who knows the development business, they have a lot to offer. They own, operate and build for themselves which is unique and smart.

Cons

Based in Lafayette, IN but travel and the good people at the company help this. They want to get more efficient and better and are actively trying to do so. They need to figure out how to improve without slowing the growth of the company. A tricky task. At this point they are choosing growth and you can't blame them. Strike while the iron is hot. They also need to watch overhead, almost too many employees vs. peers.

Something to think about: There's 12 months in a year but ~26 months in a development cycle. Other than that, keep making deals.

Head management are living in a dream

Former Employee - Leasing Specialist in Bloomington, IN
    Former Employee - Leasing Specialist in Bloomington, IN

I worked at Trinitas Ventures full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Most of the staff is great

Cons

Low pay for selling a few million in leases, during the interview they know how to lie and brag up the job to sell you on it. Head management are fakes, worst I have ever worked for.

Get off your but and do something productive and help the cause, not sit and boss orders and use your personal cell phone all day. Leave your personal life out of your work life.

If they only cared about employees.

I worked at Trinitas Ventures full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pros to this job are very few. The only benefit is that you can refine your customer service skills by interacting with current and future residents.

Cons

Pay, Work Schedule, Property Managers, Corporate Office. No effective line of communication or command between corporate and properties.

Management should care more about their employees and the concerns that they have.

Endless work with little incentive for the hard-working.

I worked at Trinitas Ventures full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Seems fun at first.. leasing team is up-to-beat and exciting. The original corporate team I worked with in 2011-2012 was fantastic, but they've all been driven away.

Cons

-Upper management doesn't care about us "little people"
    -Quick employee turn-over due to low pay compared to industry rates.
    -Corporate wants as little to do with tenants as possible and tells leasing staff to take care of things internally unless there's a unique case.
    -Complexes are built to be sold 2-5 years after opening, therefore, are made cheaply and appliances ect. break down often.

Don't promote those who don't deserve it... you've lost your best employees over the last couple of months due to promoting the undeserving.

Endless expectations with dismal pay and constant underappreciation from upper management.

I worked at Trinitas Ventures full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Beautiful property but cheap product designed to be sold after 2-6 years that requires constant upkeep.

Cons

Upper management doesn't appreciate employees the least bit. They're losing all their best employees because they're too cheap to give raises to their hard-working employees. The ones who brown-nose are the ones who are appreciated. "Holiday Bonus" for an assistant manager was $50. Slap in the face.

Corrupt company.

Appreciate the hard work your underpaid employees do. Three people refused the job because its well below the industry wage compared to similar properties in the area. Respect tour employees by fostering an environment for employees to grow. Create opportunities for deserving and loyal employees to grow instead of those take credit for others' work.

Excellent Place to Work

I have been working at Trinitas Ventures full-time

Pros

The work is exciting, challenging, and always changing. I feel like my upper management care about me as a person and care about my growth and development.

Cons

The biggest challenge for me is living in Lafayette, Indiana rather than a larger city, but the place has grown on me and the company has added an Indianapolis office.