Trinity Broadcasting

Updated May 23, 2014
Updated May 23, 2014
2.8

Paul F. Crouch Sr.

Great opportunity to meet various well-known ministry and non-profit personalities.

I have been working at Trinity Broadcasting full-time

Pros

The largest faith network in the world.

Cons

Micromanaging occurs often and little upward mobility.

not good

Former Employee - Quality Control Engineer in Fort Pierce, FL
    Former Employee - Quality Control Engineer in Fort Pierce, FL

I worked at Trinity Broadcasting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

unless you love jesus so much your willing to live in poverty for him...nothing

Cons

Jesus all day everyday. Sketchy "preachers" that only want to be on tv, not help people. Corp, does not communicate with ANYBODY. Extremely low pay for job. Was there a few years with no raise, and if I ask for one all I get is "You work for jesus, you don't need a raise. he will provide". Now don't get me wrong, religion is cool and all but jesus isn't paying my mortgage. I do 4 different jobs, and 3 of them were started because they needed someone to fill in till they could find a replacement. Its been more than a year now and they haven't even started looking for a replacement or even given a thanks, good job, way to go, heres a cost of living raise...nothing. Dont even get me started on some of the fanatically religious people that have been hired to do some of the non tech jobs.

The crouch's fly around in a jumbo jet, own somewhere around 15 mansions, even bought an RV trailer for there DOGS! They could at least upgrade the equipment at there tv station.

We were all just temporary workers -- released after each telethon

Former Employee - Data Entry Temp in Tustin, CA
    Former Employee - Data Entry Temp in Tustin, CA

I worked at Trinity Broadcasting as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good hourly rate of pay.

Cons

To avoid paying over-time pay (time and a half), they broke up the pay period to minimize any overtime. The upper echelon of the company.

Really NICE bosses, GREAT training and learning environment

I worked at Trinity Broadcasting

Pros

TBN has the NICEST co-workers and superiors of any company I've ever worked at. They really go out of their way to make you feel like you matter. They are funny and kind.
    Incredible chance to learn. They really give you a chance to try all sorts of work, instead of most companies that keep you stuck in a rigid job description. I learned far more working here than I expected. They foster a gentle learning environment where you can make mistakes safely and learn and just improve. Management takes the time to really train you and answer questions.
    They really give people a chance to work, which most other companies wouldn't, such as people without computer skills, exconvicts or people without college degrees.

Cons

Pay below industry standards
    Work day after thanksgiving
    Too much security

Raise salaries
    Invest in new equipment

Where you get to learn it all

I have been working at Trinity Broadcasting full-time

Pros

No where else in the industry would you be able to learn how to direct, TD, AD, edit, produce, host, interview and more in a few short years.

Cons

The pay is just okay, it is non-profit after all. Holidays get taken away on a whim by the Big Boss. Actually a lot happens on a whim via the owning family, and no one gets a say otherwise. So you must be okay with living under a monarchy/empire.

My direct boss is awesome. I wouldn't change a thing.