Trinity Consultants Reviews

John E Hofmann

1. Great Job with Long-Term Career Potential

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Trinity Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Challenging projects that change every day - Doing work with real impact from day 1 - Multiple locations that allow flexibility in both travel and transferring - A true meritocracy - if you work hard, you'll be rewarded with pay increases and promotions

Cons

- Occasional long weeks because of tight timelines - Limited PTO until you gain 5 years experience - Fast growth that occasionally puts the impacts on expanding and acquiring new assets rather than cultivating existing offices and employees

Advice to Management

- Encourage travel and intra-office collaboration to build company-wide contacts - More regional training opportunities

2. Workhorse with no light at the end of the tunnel

Former Employee - Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Trinity Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Experience working with a variety of clients and businesses and being thrown into "real" work from day one.

Cons

Business structure puts all work entry level consultants so that managers get bonuses. Lack of feedback led to extreme anxiety.

3. senior consultamt

I have been working at Trinity Consultants

Pros

Great place to work. Challenging and Interesting projects

Cons

Demanding clients and secretive coworkers. Sometimes it does not feel we are on the same team.

Great company.

Current Employee - Managing Consultant
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant

I have been working at Trinity Consultants full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The work is challenging and varies considerably in project timeline, subject matter, complexity, etc. It offers excellent opportunity for career advancement.

Cons

Some clients can be demanding, and some projects require long weeks. The culture varies office to office.

Advice to Management

There should be more opportunity to meet colleagues in person, especially for young consultants and isolated offices. Bring back the regional training!

The Focus is Money

I worked at Trinity Consultants full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The diverse mix of clients and projects makes it easy to gain experience quickly.

Cons

Trinity Consultants used to have a caring atmosphere. Selling to outside equity as driven the culture into a sweat shop mentality, where the people at the top benefit mightily from the labor of those at the bottom. Burnout comes quickly.

Advice to Management

Make the main thing the main thing.

7. Average Consulting Firm

Current Employee - Environmental Consultant
    Current Employee - Environmental Consultant

I have been working at Trinity Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mentoring opportunities abound, as there is a lot of interaction between offices. Mobility is not limited.

Cons

Pay is not competitive. Overtime is not compensated, but this is a pitfall of the field, not necessarily the company.

8. Good(ish)

I have been working at Trinity Consultants full-time

Pros

Lots to learn.. fast paced, and generally friendly atmosphere among peers. it is true that experience gained in a year at Trinity is worth three times the experience gained at a competitor, during the same amount of time.

Cons

Occasional uncertainty in schedules, long hours from time to time based on client needs, different supervisors have different approaches on how tasks should be done. PTO (goes without saying) is an issue.

Advice to Management

Require better differentials in evaluations/ expectations for larger offices vs smaller offices. More frequent reviews for senior management, especially in cases where the supervisor is at a different location.

A very positive work environment, very smart people, very strong work ethic

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Trinity Consultants full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Trinity hires some amazing people, a very talented group top to bottom. The project work is interesting (some more than others) and varied. The quality of the work done here is very impressive, as good as I have seen. There is no limit to opportunity and growth for those that want to pursue it. The culture is very performance based/driven. Do well, show your capabilities, and you are definitely recognized and rewarded. Company information and performance is also readily shared. Anyone can see how their office and the company are performing as a whole. Very nice to have that level of exposure to the company results on a real time basis. While we work hard here, there is still a great deal of individual flexibility. Personal autonomy is given at a very rapid pace. You get to have freedom in your schedule and time of work - as long as deadlines are met and projects are being delivered, I have a lot of individual latitude on when and where I can get it done.

Cons

It is consulting, and we are at the beckoning call of the client. Unexpected hours needed for work can occur when we get last minute changes or emergency needs from our client requests. While normal work weeks (40 hrs) can and do occur, we always have to be prepared for the occasional 50+ work week as well.

Advice to Management

Get out into the field and out of Dallas from time to time. Spend more time connecting with the offices. We have 40 locations now. Make sure you are developing relationships with staff throughout the company.

Trinity never came through on their hiring promises, hopefully you have better luck.

I worked at Trinity Consultants

Pros

Money if you're willing to put in the time (and understand that means lots of overtime for years and years).

Cons

Maybe the company had a culture some years ago but now it in just a money making machine, prepare to be used. The billing atmosphere leads to the weirdness of working 5 feet from someone in a partition-less room but not knowing anything about them since nobody talks.

Hard work/smart work pays off

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Trinity Consultants full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Professional, stimulating environment; intelligent, diverse employees; interesting work; pleasant and open atmosphere; competitive pay; committed management. Advancement potential for those willing to work for it.

Cons

Limited PTO due to consulting environment

RSS Feed </> Embed