Trinity Consultants

Be The First To
Add Photos

Trinity Consultants President John E Hofmann

John E Hofmann

A very positive work environment, very smart people, very strong work ethic

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsTrinity hires some amazing people, a very talented group top to bottom. The project work is interesting (some more than others) and varied. The quality of the work done here is very impressive, as good as I have seen. There is no limit to opportunity and growth for those that want to pursue it. The culture is very performance based/driven. Do well, show your capabilities, and you are definitely recognized and rewarded.

Company information and performance is also readily shared. Anyone can see how their office and the company are performing as a whole. Very nice to have that level of exposure to the company results on a real time basis.

While we work hard here, there is still a great deal of individual flexibility. Personal autonomy is given at a very rapid pace. You get to have freedom in your schedule and time of work - as long as deadlines are met and projects are being delivered, I have a lot of individual latitude on when and where I can get it done.

ConsIt is consulting, and we are at the beckoning call of the client. Unexpected hours needed for work can occur when we get last minute changes or emergency needs from our client requests. While normal work weeks (40 hrs) can and do occur, we always have to be prepared for the occasional 50+ work week as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out into the field and out of Dallas from time to time. Spend more time connecting with the offices. We have 40 locations now. Make sure you are developing relationships with staff throughout the company.

Good(ish)

ProsLots to learn.. fast paced, and generally friendly atmosphere among peers. it is true that experience gained in a year at Trinity is worth three times the experience gained at a competitor, during the same amount of time.

ConsOccasional uncertainty in schedules, long hours from time to time based on client needs, different supervisors have different approaches on how tasks should be done. PTO (goes without saying) is an issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementRequire better differentials in evaluations/ expectations for larger offices vs smaller offices. More frequent reviews for senior management, especially in cases where the supervisor is at a different location.

Hard work/smart work pays off

Dallas, TX

ProsProfessional, stimulating environment; intelligent, diverse employees; interesting work; pleasant and open atmosphere; competitive pay; committed management. Advancement potential for those willing to work for it.

ConsLimited PTO due to consulting environment

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Trinity never came through on their hiring promises, hopefully you have better luck.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMoney if you're willing to put in the time (and understand that means lots of overtime for years and years).

ConsMaybe the company had a culture some years ago but now it in just a money making machine, prepare to be used.

The billing atmosphere leads to the weirdness of working 5 feet from someone in a partition-less room but not knowing anything about them since nobody talks.

My experience at Trinity Consultants

Environmental Consultant (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsLoved the variety of work, learned a lot about different industries, grew as a professional

ConsOffice managers and office environment were terrible

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to manage your employees better and how to keep them happy.

Great place to start out, but you can be burned out in a lot of offices

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsGood air quality training, esp for new grads
    Above-average information sharing system
    Very intelligent, motivated coworkers
    Some very outstanding senior/managing consultants work at Trinity

ConsIn general, below average soft skills among the supervisors
    Much greater focus on profitability, which consists of squeezing progressively more billable hours out of the consultant ranks
    Depending on how patient you are, you may need to consider relocating for career opportunities
    Heavy workloads (even by consulting standards) for potentially months at a time
    Mostly a heads-down type of work environment, though there are opportunities in the day to stop by each others offices to chat and hang out

Advice to Senior ManagementWork/life balance issues need to be taken more seriously; too much turnover at the consultant level places even more pressure on the senior consultants to train, review deliverables, and do business development

It is good, and it is bad.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsYou will learn many skills which is very helpful for your future success, such as presentation, documentation, negotiation, project management. Trinity do not lay off its employee very often.

ConsSometimes the work is very stressful and changelling, sometimes it is boring. You have to be used to it, otherwise you will be disppointed.

Lots of good, lots of bad

Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsInteresting, diverse projects
    Reasonable pay
    Clear promotion path
    Depending on location, flexible work hours

ConsPay is not competitive compared to other engineering jobs
    Entry level overtime is essentially nonexistent
    Small offices lead to inconsistent workload and office managers with far too little oversight
    Very high turnover with good reason

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow lower level employees to submit reviews of superiors during their annual review

Trinity Consultants is an okay place to work for.

Internship (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsFlexibility in working time. Some fun guys.

ConsPeople just come to work and leave everyday. Cannot see great career growth potential.

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSmart, friendly, and ethical workers. Flexible when you have doctor appointments, etc.

ConsNot a lot of formal training. They sort of throw you into projects and see how you work through them.

Worked for Trinity Consultants? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Trinity Consultants reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Trinity Consultants CEO John E Hofmann. All 19 reviews posted anonymously by Trinity Consultants employees.