Trinity Industries

www.trin.net

Trinity Industries Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Trinity Industries – Dallas – “Corporate Headquarters”

Trinity Industries Chairman, President, and CEO Timothy R. Wallace

Timothy R. Wallace

Trinity Rail

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsBenefits nice. Growing company with lots of opportunities for people at all levels. Looking for ways to innovate and become even more profitable.

ConsA place where those with history don't have time or room for newcomers even though they hired them. Struggling a bit with rapid growth.

Director of Diversity

Director of Diversity (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsExcellent company that supports and promotes internal growth and development.

ConsI shouldn't ever left. It was the best company I've worked for.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you get hire, retire from there.

Warning!!!! Turn around and go the other way!!!!! Tulsa, Oklahoma

Material Control (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsGood money and good people to work with accept the management. You will always have work to do because everyone like to do the job twice.

ConsWorking 7 days a week 12 hour shifts. If you have no life and no family this is for you. They will lie. Example: welder gets hired to be a welder. He is down at the burn table using a torch cutting scrap. You can not trust this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new management and pull your head out of your butt

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Training

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsResponded right away when I applied to the job

ConsThe salary was 60-65k a year with 75% travel

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease salary ranges - not enough when you want people to travel 75%

Keep looking.

Engineering (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsYou get some free donuts now and then and if you consider that your incentive, you will.be happy.

ConsOld systems and even older management style. Legacy hires dump their own work on new people and way too many layers to get funds approved. Yes, they make money because they have a large market share of some.sectors but the competition is coming on. Don't expect bonuses, just other people's work.

Advice to Senior ManagementFlat line reporting structures and stop hiring someone based on what school they attended. Hire people that don't job hop every two years. That is not a sign of diversity or experience, that is someone no one else wanted.

A great place to work for strong individuals.

Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsDecent pay and lots of overtime. Convenient location.

ConsVery few days off. Lack of care for employees. No compensation for being away from friends and family.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be bonuses given for the extra work that people do to complete quotas. They should figure out a schedule that will get the quotas accomplished and allow employees time off to spend with family and friends.

I love the job i had at trinity industries i just hate it ended so quick,

Fluxcore Welder (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsTrinity have good bosse,s and no one hassled me to do my job it was a laid back environment.

ConsThere was no down size when i worked at trinity.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon,t have any.

nice facility.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood company to work for.

Consmanagement and supervisors are bad.

Advice to Senior Managementremove supervisors who are afraid on getting dirty to help out their workers.

Trinity Industries - Dallas, TX

Project Manager (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsSome of the new management that was brought in were great managers

ConsOld management and culture made working there impossible - until this changes extensive amount of time will be dedicated to putting out unscheduled fires in work

Lack of consistent management policies and enforcement

ProsSteady work and steady pay

ConsUnprofessional management showing favoritism and not inforceing company policy.
    Supervisor sits in office all day texting while hi lo driver does his work.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Lima Ohio Trinity guardrail plant is the most unprofessional place Ive ever seen.The management is inconsistent at inforceing company policy and only reprimands certain workers.They allow racial and profane remarks.One supervisor there gives financial support to the hi lo driver to do his job on first shift.They need to be investigated! I have contacted Dallac and they do not answer my emails.Please monitor their behavior there as even though new policies are now being put into effect they may only enforce it with certain workers.There is a lot of favoritism there.Please help!!!!!!!

Worked for Trinity Industries? Contribute to the Community!