Trinity Partners

Updated February 25, 2015
Updated February 25, 2015
4.4

John Corcoran

Driven and fun team creates great opportunity for those interested in life sciences

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Trinity Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people, interesting clients, broad exposure to the biotech/pharma industry, colleagues who care about their jobs and produce high-quality work. A lot of responsibility from day one, and a good environment for a self-starter to learn and grow. Supportive people who will go out of their way if you ask for help or express interest in learning something from them. When morale flagged, leadership team made quick and effective changes to reestablish firm culture while maintaining high standards for client deliverables. By and large, people want to see everyone succeed.

Cons

More market research than strategy consulting. Lack of travel does not always equal work-life balance: long hours are not unusual (and are made much worse by decent commute due to suburban location).

Some consideration will be needed as to what career development looks like as Trinity gets bigger - the Trinity that I joined out of undergrad is very different than the Trinity that people three years older than me joined right out of undergrad (to say nothing of those in higher leadership roles), both in terms of the opportunities/responsibilities that I have in my current position as well as my chance for promotion to future roles. Makes it extremely hard to envision what a long-term path for me at Trinity might look like, as I can already see the ways that drastic changes have occurred in a very short period of time with those ahead of me.

The place is a show shine to draw people to the organization.. But it lacks all quality and decor that they protray

Former Employee - Database Developer in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Database Developer in Waltham, MA

I worked at Trinity Partners full-time (less than a year)

Pros

People can be nice and you can make friends. I guess this is the only good thing about Trinity !

Cons

They over commit to clients, refuse to hire more people to work on a project and setup high expectations from you .. Without enough guidance and support. Management can be very rude to you if you even question the tiniest bit of why things should be done a specific way

Management should see what's good for employees and what makes them happy rather than always starving to make clients happy. Look at the high attrition rate of your company and learn to make some changes

Noble but ultimately flawed

I worked at Trinity Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good place to get experience. Nice training sessions. Some interesting projects. Some coworkers/managers are amazing and I miss them a ton.

Cons

Under-compensates and overworks, especially the younger workers. Very, very political which stems from the top of the organization on down and breeds infighting.

I ordinarily don't review companies on Glassdoor but felt I had to seeing that the rating is currently at 4.6 overall which seems very misleading considering Google is 4.4 and Facebook is 4.5. Trinity is not better than Facebook...

I'm not sure how to stop the infighting except by changing the overall structure of the firm which will never happen given that too many people have their interest tied to the structure already. The overworking shouldn't be a surprise to anyone coming into a consultancy.

Smart people, great culture

Current Employee - Consultant in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Trinity Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good teamwork environment, great people, office based consulting firm

Cons

Still going through growing pains; sometimes more market research than strategy work; hours can be long but its nice that we don't work on site

Growing company with strong client relationships and smart, driven, positive people who want you to do well

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Trinity Partners full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of responsibility from day one. There is a strong emphasis on employee training and development. It's not at all a competitive atmosphere. The company wants you to do well and grow with the business. For the day-to-day, it is great that it is not travel-based so there is no living out of a suitcase. As a project manager I typically travel only one day per month

Cons

Longer hours year-round, but these are consistent with consulting in general and it helps that they are not travel-based. Working in Waltham isn't as exciting as working downtown

Continue to ensure that Trinity can keep it's small company feel and positive culture as we continue to grow

Fast growing life sciences consulting firm

I have been working at Trinity Partners full-time

Pros

Diverse range of projects (e.g. strategy, market reserach, data analytics, forecasting etc.)
    People - very friendly and helpful
    Accessible leadership team
    Specialized offerings (statistics, data analytics, HEOR)
    Company is growing quickly, there's no "up or out" policy
    Little travel

Cons

A lot of tactical market research projects
    Little hiring of people with significant outside experience: company could benefit from greater internal knowledge e.g. in medical and regulatory affairs
    Exit opportunities beyond medschool/MBA are not very clear

Add more experienced hires from the industry and consulting sectors

Don't think I'll ever leave

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Trinity Partners full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fun people, collegiate and supportive environment, work is challenging and dynamic, there's always someone advocating for you, see people rewarded for the work they put in, lots of responsibility, client exposure early in your career

Cons

The commute to Waltham isn't always the best, but I live in the city and its an average commute (20-25 min)

Continue working on initiatives to streamline workflow

Great place to learn and work.

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Trinity Partners full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Incredibly friendly and cohesive working environment. People here are always willing to talk to you and help with whatever you need. At the same time, people are very smart and driven. In my time here I have learned so much about the healthcare industry and personal work habits that I feel very confident that I can be successful in many other lines of work.

Cons

Work-life balance is usually great, bu at

Right Mix of Challenge, Collegiality, Growth

I have been working at Trinity Partners full-time

Pros

- Extremely approachable and committed peers (both with client work and with training, mentoring, internal initiatives)
    - Lots of latitude to contribute, and high degree of ownership given to each person
    - Caring Managers and Leadership
    - Increasing number of new clients, new types of projects, and cross-functional learning on projects

Cons

- As with any growing company, there is room to improve in the way of efficiency and infrastructure - in order to balance our strength for tailoring our projects to the client's needs with working "smarter" and more efficiently.

- You can expect heavier time commitments depending on the time of year or the type of project; that's expected for Consulting, but there is still room to improve the flow of work so that we continue to help each other balance work and personal commitments. I will say that I know there are efforts started by our Leadership and Managers to include all staff in making these improvements.

Trinity is unlike any life sciences consulting firm out there

Current Employee - Associate Consultant
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant

I have been working at Trinity Partners full-time

Pros

1. The leadership team values its employees first and foremost. They spend a lot of time recruiting and maintaining not just the most capable but also the the most interesting and fun people. Everyone is approachable, despite how high they are up.
    2. Company strives to be innovative: It is very difficult for businesses, especially in consulting, to be creative. Logic, framework, and efficiency are key values, which often don't go well with creativity. At Trinity, they encourage creative solutions through internal initiatives. The best thing is, even if the idea doesn't actually go through, you still get to talk with the leadership team about your idea.
    3. Staffing method encourages broad exposure: An Associate can be staffed on multiple projects at a time without being overloaded. This leads to exposure to a wide variety of clients and project types. Some people may not like this structure, but I personally prefer it over being more involved in a single project.
    4. Little travel

Cons

Unpredictable hours (typical for consulting)