Trinity Partners

Updated October 3, 2014
Updated October 3, 2014
4.7

John Corcoran

Great place to learn and work.

I have been working at Trinity Partners full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Incredibly friendly and cohesive working environment. People here are always willing to talk to you and help with whatever you need. At the same time, people are very smart and driven. In my time here I have learned so much about the healthcare industry and personal work habits that I feel very confident that I can be successful in many other lines of work.

Cons

Work-life balance is usually great, bu at

Growing company with strong client relationships and smart, driven, positive people who want you to do well

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Trinity Partners full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of responsibility from day one. There is a strong emphasis on employee training and development. It's not at all a competitive atmosphere. The company wants you to do well and grow with the business. For the day-to-day, it is great that it is not travel-based so there is no living out of a suitcase. As a project manager I typically travel only one day per month

Cons

Longer hours year-round, but these are consistent with consulting in general and it helps that they are not travel-based. Working in Waltham isn't as exciting as working downtown

Continue to ensure that Trinity can keep it's small company feel and positive culture as we continue to grow

Fast growing life sciences consulting firm

I have been working at Trinity Partners full-time

Pros

Diverse range of projects (e.g. strategy, market reserach, data analytics, forecasting etc.)
    People - very friendly and helpful
    Accessible leadership team
    Specialized offerings (statistics, data analytics, HEOR)
    Company is growing quickly, there's no "up or out" policy
    Little travel

Cons

A lot of tactical market research projects
    Little hiring of people with significant outside experience: company could benefit from greater internal knowledge e.g. in medical and regulatory affairs
    Exit opportunities beyond medschool/MBA are not very clear

Add more experienced hires from the industry and consulting sectors

Don't think I'll ever leave

I have been working at Trinity Partners full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun people, collegiate and supportive environment, work is challenging and dynamic, there's always someone advocating for you, see people rewarded for the work they put in, lots of responsibility, client exposure early in your career

Cons

The commute to Waltham isn't always the best, but I live in the city and its an average commute (20-25 min)

Continue working on initiatives to streamline workflow

Right Mix of Challenge, Collegiality, Growth

I have been working at Trinity Partners full-time

Pros

- Extremely approachable and committed peers (both with client work and with training, mentoring, internal initiatives)
    - Lots of latitude to contribute, and high degree of ownership given to each person
    - Caring Managers and Leadership
    - Increasing number of new clients, new types of projects, and cross-functional learning on projects

Cons

- As with any growing company, there is room to improve in the way of efficiency and infrastructure - in order to balance our strength for tailoring our projects to the client's needs with working "smarter" and more efficiently.

- You can expect heavier time commitments depending on the time of year or the type of project; that's expected for Consulting, but there is still room to improve the flow of work so that we continue to help each other balance work and personal commitments. I will say that I know there are efforts started by our Leadership and Managers to include all staff in making these improvements.

Engaging Work and People

I have been working at Trinity Partners full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Many opportunities for mentorship in and outside project-setting
    - Intellectually curious and thoughtful colleagues
    - Inclusive and supportive environment
    - Lots of socialization
    - Substantial vacation time as a new-hire

Cons

- Unpredictability of work-load/hours (but this is part of consulting - and you can work from home if needed)

Trinity is unlike any life sciences consulting firm out there

Current Employee - Associate Consultant
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant

I have been working at Trinity Partners full-time

Pros

1. The leadership team values its employees first and foremost. They spend a lot of time recruiting and maintaining not just the most capable but also the the most interesting and fun people. Everyone is approachable, despite how high they are up.
    2. Company strives to be innovative: It is very difficult for businesses, especially in consulting, to be creative. Logic, framework, and efficiency are key values, which often don't go well with creativity. At Trinity, they encourage creative solutions through internal initiatives. The best thing is, even if the idea doesn't actually go through, you still get to talk with the leadership team about your idea.
    3. Staffing method encourages broad exposure: An Associate can be staffed on multiple projects at a time without being overloaded. This leads to exposure to a wide variety of clients and project types. Some people may not like this structure, but I personally prefer it over being more involved in a single project.
    4. Little travel

Cons

Unpredictable hours (typical for consulting)

Broad diversity of work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Trinity Partners full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The staff are highly motivated to do a great job not just for themselves, but also for their project teams, the company, and their client. You can learn a lot about the life sciences industry in a short period of time.

Cons

Hours can be long (but that is true of consulting generally), and the multi-project staffing model can be difficult to manage if project deadlines overlap.

Don't over-promise the work-life balance. Be prepared to push back a little more against clients if what they are requesting is out of scope.

Happy at Trinity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Trinity Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Intelligent, hard working, friendly, and down to earth people all around. The owner and managing partner are good genuine people. Trinity strives to continually improve itself by committing to employee development and culture, as well as delivering excellent work for clients. There's a lot of opportunity for professional growth and exposure to a variety of clientele and projects in the life sciences industry. Trinity seems to constantly change for the better. Morale is strong, life long friendships are built, and business is thriving.

Cons

With a growing company that's high in demand, there's a lot of work. Not a bad thing, but growing responsibly to maintain the small company culture is at times a challenge. Leadership is committed to meet this challenge but one should expect long hours at various times of the year, something that is true at most consulting firms.

More external training and development opportunities for support staff. Keep Trinity's small company family feel as it grows by not succumbing to formal corporate structures, processes, or behaviors. Trinity should remain a fun place to work at.

Incredible projects as well as work environment

I have been working at Trinity Partners full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Trinity has a really great culture. Everyone is welcoming and willing to help whenever you have questions. The project work is quite interesting. While Trinity mostly works in pharma and also with some medical device companies, they have visions to expand out more in the life sciences sector. It's a fairly young company so it has the pros of an entrepreneurial company, yet also has the pros of a more established company and is well-known and respected in the industry. Besides employees being welcoming, they are also generally fun and friendly people. We enjoy being around each other and choose to hang out outside of work whether it be going out to dinner and drinks, or meeting up at someone's house. As a growing company, there are many opportunities for employees to also grow within the company. My incoming class was eased into client work, first starting with a two week training program that was very helpful before being staffed on two client projects. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of responsibility given to me and others from the beginning. It really feels as though we are able to make important contributions to the team despite being so new to the company and the type of work Trinity does.

Cons

As this is consulting and not a typical 9-5 pm job, you can expect some longer hours depending on the project. However, hours are not as long as other consulting firms. Trinity does try to ensure there is a work/life balance, but may need to take work home at times.