Trinity Pharma Solutions

Updated May 5, 2014

Zackary King

Business Analyst

ProsNice Environment and challenging too

ConsSome times lot of work stress

Challenging, fast paced place to work

ProsWhat I like best about working at Trinity Pharma is that it is very challenging. I've learned a lot since I first started and really enjoy the people and the unique working environment here. We have implemented some new training and mentoring programs for new employees, which makes the transition into the company faster and easier. There is a lot of opportunity here for growth. If you show you can handle the work and do well, then you will be given more responsibility and variety of work.

ConsTimelines can be tight at times, and we are expected to work hard and get out the solution. At times deadlines can be moved, but not very often if it has already been communicated to our clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to promote a good working environment and to provide more standardization across all teams.

Innovative company with a great culture growing quickly

Business (Current Employee)

ProsGreat culture makes it a fun place to work every day. Challenging work and a diverse and talented staff advance your skills and experience very quickly (I learn something new everyday). The company is innovating in healthcare and gaining significant traction. Management team cares about the employees and keeps us well informed. Start-up vibe with great pay, perks (free beer and food), benefits and stock options.

ConsAs a small fast growing company you’re expected to pitch in at many levels and sometimes pull late hours to meet deadlines. Need more structured processes to make the company more efficient as it grows.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the communication coming - it keeps everyone informed and aligned. Continue to hire the best people and resist the temptation to settle.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rapidly growing company with a ton of potential.

ProsMost if not all people employed here are great to work with.
    Great culture (Beer Fridays, frequent company events) which I think helps facilitate what I stated above.
    Great Benefits like actual accrued paid time off. None of this "open vacation" policies other companies have been providing.
    Rewards employees who work hard!
    Career advancement opportunities.

ConsNo company is perfect. The speed in which the company is growing is certainly causing some pains such as late nights and miscommunication. As time goes on and things settle down these issues should resolve themselves.

Some internal processes are not very well thought out or exist. But some effort has recently been made to improve this.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to promote a great working environment. Continue to provide employees with opportunities to enhance their careers. Make more of an effort to streamline internal processes. Manage growth to alleviate the growing pains.

Working at Trinity Pharma is a unique company to work for.

ProsWe work in an old Watch Factory. Atmosphere is friendly. Many Social events; Great benefits (good healthcare, bonuses); management likes to keep the staff well informed. We have some great managers here who listen to you and try to address your needs. I don't think I have ever worked with such responsive managers! Great team of co-workers.

ConsThere is a lot of work and it takes time to get familiar with the processes which can seem overwhelming. But it is amazing how fast you can get up to speed once you start getting into it. The company is small so opportunities for growth at the moment are limited, However we are growing fast and that can change quickly.

Fun, Challenging Environment

Database Developer (Current Employee)
    Waltham, MA

ProsI've been working at TPS full time for less than a year. As my first job out of college I've enjoyed having a manager that is very easy going and patient with me as I got up to speed on the company and the workload. It has been a great place to learn and the work is challenging but pretty exciting.

TPS has a lot of company events (Thirsty Thursdays, Beer Fridays etc.) which helps make the end of the week better.

ConsIn my opinion, my team has the biggest workload but the smallest staff so there is a lot of work and late nights working. There is also a lot of confusion in the process of trying to streamline projects across all clients which causes more work to correct mistakes.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry and get more efficient and streamlined processes in place between projects and BA/BI/DB teams

Emerging growth company with big aspirations

ProsIt is certainly a busy, fast-paced environment. The company is in a phase of growth and expansion, as it recently raised $15m in series A funding. New teams are being established in Sales, Finance, and IT. Business and Tech teams are also expanding which should bring a lot of opportunity for advancement. From a culture standpoint, everyone comes to the office with an energy towards their work, but can also kick back at social events and have a good time. In my role, I tend to work pretty closely with the Sr. Management team and can say I have nothing but respect for them. They are intelligent, approachable, and welcome feedback. I've seen them consistently set realistic goals, challenge the norm, and make decisions in the best interest of the company and its employees.

ConsTrinity is a small company that is going through transition process. As with many small companies, employees can take on many different hats. I find this to be a blessing and a curse. It can be difficult to manage at times, but for me personally, I love the challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever lose sight of the value of communication. I believe the Management team is making large strides to improve communication. It is so important, especially in a growing company.

hired as entry level but set unrealistic/unreachable expectation

Business Intelligence Developer (Current Employee)
    Waltham, MA

Proslots of company outing and events

Conscompany bring in entry level but had no training plan for employees, Additionally, managers set unrealistic expectation.

Advice to Senior Managementcheck on lower Management so the the company does not loose good employees

Management has no idea what they are doing

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsGood client opportunities
    Small company size allows you to contribute immediately
    Decent work-life balance
    A few good people scattered here and there in the company
    Generally everyone is very nice
    Lots of informal company outings, after work happy hours

ConsInternal processes are typical of a small sized company. Processes are not always clearly defined and sometimes chaotic.
    No training opportunities
    Favoritism with double standards and highly political environment - infighting, backstabbing, sycophants
    Promotions given to those who think the same way management does
    Incompetent managers are there because they play the game or have been there for a long time, not because they are subject matter experts. The organic nature of the company's growth has resulted in very poor management. They have little, if any, experience outside of Trinity. Coupled with the extremely strong personality/management style (not leadership) of the VP's, the overall managerial stance is passive-aggressive toward employees.The end-result is a group of emasculated managers who will make false, lofty promises, say whatever it takes to avoid conflict with employees while capitulating to irrational directions handed down from the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave an eye for bad management behavior and do something to get rid of people who are self-serving, dictatorial, and promote a disrespectful atmosphere toward employees. Pay attention to the lowest levels of the company who go unheard.

Growing Pains

Database Developer (Former Employee)
    Waltham, MA

ProsBenefits, compensation, work-life balance, and ability to contribute meaningful work from day one due to small company size. Interesting, committed co-workers and beers after work helped take the edge off pressure situations.

ConsThe company grew from a small group of people around a conference table to a medium-sized operations split over two floors of a office building. The core team became the management team and that transition didn't appear to go smoothly. As a result, the management team is a clique that is secretive and you're never quite sure what is going on with the company or whether you could ever become a member of the club or advance within the firm. Also, some of the managers became de-facto management as a result of being there at the beginning, despite the lack of managerial (or people) skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more managers from the outside to dilute the clique.

Worked for Trinity Pharma Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Trinity Pharma Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Trinity Pharma Solutions CEO Zackary King. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Trinity Pharma Solutions employees.