Trinity Services

Updated July 29, 2014
Updated July 29, 2014

2.8

CEO

Trinity Services is a great place to work while in college or nearing retirement.

Pros

They have many programs that serves the community. They service the individuals with mental challenges.

Cons

There is not enough money for a single parent household.

Better hourly wages.

Director

Current Employee - Director  in  Veterans Administration, NY
    Current Employee - Director in Veterans Administration, NY

Pros

This company provides meaningful services for some of our most vulnerable citizens. They constantly advocate for their employees, fighting for the best wages for the job employees are expected to do.

Cons

State reimbursement is inadequate to pay a living wage for employees. It is a constant focus of the agency.

Keep fighting for employees and persons with disabilities so they can live a full and abundant lives.

Unpleasant Organization

Former Employee - Case Manager/QMRP  in  Des Plaines, IL
    Former Employee - Case Manager/QMRP in Des Plaines, IL

Pros

Working with great clients and families. Rewarding when you see people achieve their goals and dreams.

Cons

Poorly trained management staff, CEO does not spend time at all locations and does not support anyone other than top management. Clients are moved from home to home without consent. Direct care staff are treated like they don't matter and when we tried to support them, we got in trouble. There is no proper medication regulation for clients.

Listen to your employees, follow the law and ensure human rights are provided.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not For Everyone

Current Employee - Program Support  in  New Lenox, IL
    Current Employee - Program Support in New Lenox, IL

Pros

Trinity-Services.org is a social service agency providing services to people who have developmental disabilities, Autism, Behavioral Health challenges as well as many other services. People who work here really care about the people they serve and each other. Not for everyone means that Trinity is a great place for exceptional people who are dedicated, caring, active learners, and have "people smarts." This is a great place for me to work because I can engage my whole self and work with supportive staff and management to bring my best to work every day.

Cons

As with all good things, work is required and at Trinity things can move quickly challenging each of us to step up and give our best. The challenges are more than balanced by the satisfactions of assisting others have a full and abundant life.

Trinity is a well kept secret. Our advice to management is to not be shy about telling of the great work and many services provided by this agency.

Supervisors in this company make you feel inadequate.

Current Employee - Independent Living Counselor  in  Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Independent Living Counselor in Reno, NV

Pros

I love working with the clients. Honestly, the personal satisfaction is the only good part about this company.

Cons

VERY unflexible scheduling. Co-workers are unfriendly as well as supervisors. You will often be ignored. I have also been called names by upper management.

There desperately needs to be more positivity in this work place. It is so negative I have to take anxiety medication before coming into work. Our current turn over rate is 70%. If that doesn't say something about this company then I'm not sure what will. We need to be hiring more reliable staff. There needs to be advencement opportunities within the company as there currently are none. Staff needs to feel heard and appreciated because we are absolutely not. Management needs to be more willing to participate in fundraisers (and not confiscate the profits after we partake in them) and be more willing to integrate our clients into the community. Walking around Scheels is NOT an outing.

Great mission & philosophies that don't always trickle down to the services actually provided.

Current Employee - Associate  in  New Lenox, IL
    Current Employee - Associate in New Lenox, IL

Pros

Fulfilling work with great clients, flexible schedules, investment in leadership training, and people that (for the most part) genuinely care about others.

Cons

Old fashioned, reactive problem solving, low pay, not enough accountability

Hold people accountable for their job expectations, remember that everyone needs recognition no matter the level, and visit the sites more

Low wages and high expectations, although many of the leaders are very supportive and the work can be very satisfying.

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

Pros

Working with individuals served by the agency is very rewarding. The agency over all is very supportive of employees going back to get more education. Also, other perks such as books and agency supported events such as Kindness Day and Holdiay Party.

Cons

While this is a non-profit organization, it still has some of the lowest salaries when compared to other non-profits doing the same type of work. There is a lot of favortism and the agency says it has one set of beliefs, but acts differently.

Hostile work environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Des Plaines, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

Pros

The work itself is incredibly rewarding if you have a passion to work with men and women with disabilities and mental illness.

Cons

Low Pay. Management act like they are in high school-rude to employees. Heads not in touch with client needs.

Listen to employees- they know more about the clients since they actually work directly with them. Provide incentives for employees to reward them for their hard work. Listen to clients and their guardians rather than making their life-changing decisions on your own.

Disappointed

Current Employee - Caregiver  in  Sparks, NV
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Sparks, NV

Pros

Trinity provides care of individuals that wouldn't normally be out in the community which is a very reward but at times frustrated job.

Cons

The office management doesn't seem to understand the clients needs or the needs of the staff, priority is taken for new hires before older employees. Management is not only disappointing but makes you feel as if no matter what you aren't doing enough. They are sooner to complain the compliment. It is very discouraging.

Take better care of your employees and clients.

Worked for Trinity Services? Contribute to the Community!