Trinity Washington University

Trinity Washington University Reviews

Updated Mar 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Good opportunity to adjunct teach

Washington, DC

I have been working at Trinity Washington University as a contractor for more than 8 years

ProsSupportive administration and engaged students;

ConsInfrastructure and technology needs a lot of updating.

great place

Washington, DC

I have been working at Trinity Washington University as a contractor for more than 3 years

Prosdedicated professors and available resources for students

Consadministration can be unorganized. atmosphere where students complain about professor in order to get their way. Usually works, which shows no dedication to professor.

Advice to Senior Managementneed to reward long-term professors (even adjuncts)

Laboratory Assistant

I have been working at Trinity Washington University as a contractor for more than a year

ProsGreat human resource department to help

ConsNeed to step up pay rate

Great place to teach

Adjunct Professor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Trinity Washington University part-time for less than a year

Prosan opportunity to work with an amazing group of predominantly female students

Conslimited school resources and budget

Trying Times

I have been working at Trinity Washington University full-time

ProsMore time off then where I came from and requesting time off is hardly an issue, the lunch is affordable in the cafeteria

ConsThere has been a lot of turn over since I have been here in all departments. The school has a rich history and is doing a lot for the community and the students but sometimes when it comes to their staff, they forget about us and our needs. They need to figure out a way to make morale higher so that people want to stay. They also need to have more growth opportunities and better less expensive insurance.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on keeping the morale of the staff and faculty high so they want to stay with you. Be open to all opinions not just the one of the president of the instition.

Difficult to go anywhere

I have been working at Trinity Washington University

ProsTime off is very respectable, and getting a week off is usually easy.

ConsNo professional development. Little leadership. Constant problems with Human Resources not communicating throughout the organization. No matter how bad or good an employee you are, you will get the standard raise - not performance-based. Every decision you make will be examined before you are allowed to make it. There is no ability to use existing knowledge - the upper management will do what they feel like doing, regardless of the skillset of subordinate. Professional development is not valued, and rarely approved.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow competent employees to make their own decisions. Let go of some of the decisions and let adults decide on their own.

You will not go anywhere professionally

I have been working at Trinity Washington University full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIf you have a good supervisor and you need time off, it is usually not a problem. Lunches are very affordable. There are some very good, interesting and intelligent people among the staff. If the college closes due to a weather emergency, staff gets paid. You have a few more paid holidays than most other colleges.

ConsWhile as mentioned above, there are some great people among the staff and faculty, it is a very difficult and unhappy place to work at. Any mistake, no matter how small and insignificant can get you fired. The upper management bases most of their decisions on the current mood, not on facts. If you have a degree from an online college you will never get hired. No raises, just a standard 3% adjustment every year. Medical and Dental benefits are very expensive. No sick leave. You only get 15 days of general leave for staff and 20 for administrators- that is it! Employees are supposed to take all their vacation, sick and personal days from that pool. Students are not held to any code of conduct whatsoever. Foul language, yelling at staff and faculty and even threats from students towards staff are common. Yet, very little is done in terms of disciplinary action. The building is very old and it is understandable that it is difficult to maintain but mice and mold are everywhere! No central air conditioning or heat. During the winter break, the hot water is turned off and the staff working has to wash their hand with cold water. There is very little heat during the colder days and yet you cannot use a portable heater. In the summer, the heat in unbearable.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the staff and faculty, keep an open mind and do not retaliate if you hear criticism. Hold students accountable for their actions and impose higher standards in the admissions process.

Worked for Trinity Washington University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Trinity Washington University reviews and ratings. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Trinity Washington University employees.