Triple C Designs

Updated July 21, 2014
Updated July 21, 2014
3.3

Odi Golan

Good place to learn the tech biz

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Triple C Designs part-time for more than a year

Pros

Triple C makes some of the coolest products I've worked with. The small chargers and speakers are awesome!! The company seems to really be on top of market trends, and has acheived some great customers that will def make the business a success in the long run. The people who have been around with the company for a long time are so dedicated! It is inspiring to see people put so much effort into their jobs. The rest of the employees I came in contact with were always smart and professional, and the way they handle business is impressive. Its a good place to learn, since employees are exposed to all departments and the team encourages feedback from everyone whether you are there for 1 month or 2 years . From what I know, it seems the company has gone through some growing pains (you can tell from some of the bad reviews), but this is typical with my experience with start ups. No way some of what is said is true and probably given by a couple employees who were rubbed the wrong way. If you meet the people there, you'll know otherwise.

Cons

Work load was tough, and the hectic environment may not be the best fit for every person but if you are willing to work hard, and learn a new industry in tech you will like the challenge.

Engineer

I have been working at Triple C Designs full-time

Pros

Nothing really... But if you ask management they will say they have a fridge that dispenses ice.

Cons

Unethical, disorganized, amateur company.
    They reward bad behavior so no matter how hard you work, the same employees are praised.

At this point there is nothing the management can do to reverse the bad reputation this company has. Even after losing almost half of their staff in a 4-month period, they will never learn

Triple C Designs is a great place to work!

Current Employee - IT Engineer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - IT Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Triple C Designs as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

The people who work here are wonderful: intelligent, ambitious, motivated, and perhaps most important - FUN! The management team welcomes constructive feedback on business processes from every level of the organization. Additionally, Indeed invests a lot in their training and development team, which helps with personal and professional growth. It is very exciting to be part of such a fast growing organization!

Cons

I have none at this point.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dishonest leadership that has little regard for employees and mistreats suppliers

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Triple C Designs full-time for less than a year

Pros

The only positive thing about Triple C is its products. Lots of big brands will use Triple C's products. Unfortunately, the way Triple C gets its products from suppliers is shady.

Cons

If I had to summarize Triple C in one way, it would be "immoral".

Terrible People Management:
    - The owner is a workaholic (that's a euphemism) and expects everyone else to give up their personal lives for the company. You would be laughed at if you pushed back for family reasons
    - The owner steamrolls employees and has little regard for them personally OR professionally. I've never seen turnover this high, it's hard to imagine this company being sustainable
    - What's more worrisome is that the owners seem blind to the hostile working environment that they've created

Low Pay:
    - Frankly, the pay is quite low

Mistreatment of Suppliers
    - Sometimes Triple C will order greater quantities of products from its factories and isn't able to sell as much. The owners will then lie to the factories and use some small excuse to reject hundreds of thousands of dollars of inventory that the factory has already made. This means the factory has invested tons of money into product that they can't sell. Highly dishonest.
    - The CEO is the one responsible and does this every season, without fail

Lying:
    - Glassdoor is a forum intended to promote greater transparency about companies, to empower employees and prospective employees. Triple C has tried to hide its internal environment by forcing employees to write five star reviews

Your business is not sustainable with the way you treat people. You need to turn 180 degrees and get a new heart and a new conscience.

On paper, it looks like a cool place to work. But in reality...beware.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Triple C Designs full-time for less than a year

Pros

Products are cool. That's about it. There isn't anything groundbreaking or revolutionary about the products they offer, but they're good-looking, mostly useful, and trendy. But then again, many other companies offer similar products. Phone and tablet cases and portable chargers? They're a dime a dozen.

Cons

I worked here for an extremely short period of time and it was enough time for me to realize that if I continued to work here, I would probably lose friends and my personal life would crumble. The hours are long and the compensation is not reflective of that. Every one who worked here put in the hours and didn't seem like interesting people outside of work because, well, they didn't do anything else but work.
    The owners started this business from the ground up, which is very admirable, but they have a long way to go in terms of management and people skills in general. You can ask questions and ask for help, but to an extent. This is not a good work environment if you thrive off collaboration and teamwork (the other reviewer is spot on when they wrote that everyone was out for themselves) or like to ask for feedback. You will only get feedback if you make a mistake.
    The benefits are pretty awful. While I was here, I kept worrying about what would happen if I were to get very sick or get into an accident because given the horrible health insurance and not-so-great pay, if such a catastrophe were to befall me, I'd be completely broke.

And like the other reviewer wrote, yes, it seems like all they care about is looking cool.

I'm glad I left. I would have not advanced my career as a whole if I had stayed.

Your customers notice the high turnover rate and it does not reflect positively on you.

Fast growing company with motivated team.

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Triple C Designs full-time

Pros

Company is growing fast due to its amazing product, good management and motivated team.

Each of the employees can raise their voice and be a part of decision making in almost every area such as sales strategy, product design, marketing and customer service.

We are all (including the owner) bonded well as a team with a family feel. The team is motivated and feels a part of the overall growth. Frequent outings and drinks at the office are keeping us all up.

Good compensation and adjustments with performance shows recognition and helps me growing individually.

Cons

Small growing business requires hard work, initiative and responsibility. If you are not the right one, this will be a con for you.

Bring more people asap and good hardworking people to help all of us to fulfill the demand.

Great Company That Allows Employees To Grow Professionally

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Triple C Designs full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with this company has not only allowed me to grow professional but helped me gain knowledge and experience in sales, fashion, production, logistics and overall business management. Starting as an intern allowed me to learn the basic goals of the company along with learning the ins and outs of each department. I enjoyed interning for Triple C so much that, I've decided to go apply for a full time position after college. Now I am an account manager handling hundreds of accounts within my territory, traveling to various trade shows around the US, and growing every day as young professional!

Cons

Working for a small business, you must take initiative, have the drive and motivation to be able to adjust, work in a fast pace environment and be able to multitask in various areas.

Keep up the great work!

Small Business with Unlimited Potential

Current Employee - Sample and Show Coordinator  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Sample and Show Coordinator in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Triple C Designs full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company offers a fast-paced environment with hard-working, dedicated employees and managers. The incredible, innovative products account for the continuous growth and unlimited potential. I am actually surprised by the previous review as management makes an effort to address any issues brought to their attention and offers incentives for hard work. I have learned and grown so much while working alongside Triple C.

Cons

As a small business, you must be willing to make an effort and treat the company as your own.

Worked for Triple C Designs? Contribute to the Community!