Triple Canopy

2.9

Ignacio Balderas

Awesome Company to contract for

I have been working at Triple Canopy as a contractor

Pros

very well established in the security world

Cons

not a lot of work here in the US

Not bad

I worked at Triple Canopy

Pros

The pay and training is very similar to other company's in the industry.

Cons

They will only fly you to home of record.

Meeeehhhhhhh

I worked at Triple Canopy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

when I was there, great benefits, breakfast (bagels, pastries or catered) provided on Friday's.

Cons

things are changing for the worst

Revenue is not the only item on the decline, morale has tumbled fast.

I have been working at Triple Canopy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has had a successful run over the years in the private security industry. TC definitely attempted to approach each contract with the idea of ethical business practices, a key message of the retired CEO. They worked diligently throughout the years to attempt to stay out of the newspapers unlike many of their competitors, or one could say, their new owner as a prime example. Pay as compared to the industry has been average to high and company benefits are by far stronger than industry, other than the 12-month wait for 401(k) eligibility. Some of the middle-management level employees and below truly put their heart and soul into what they do and dedicate themselves at all costs.

Cons

The leadership of the company....lack luster and frankly, demoralizing. Sadly, the EMT has defined their leadership, if that word can be used, by allowing key individuals to build teams of "yes" people rather than encouraging and fostering an environment of independence and the presentation of factual information as part of the greater picture. It is more along the lines of tell us what we want to hear....not what you think and rarely are the two thought processes aligned. Decisions are routinely made without a full set of data and rather on emotional opinion. Several employees are empowered to behave in the same unprofessional and appalling way as some of the leaders behave. Buckle up and attempt to get into the inner-circle quick if you want to attempt to last, which at this rate, the company will not last much longer. Work-life balance when slow, as the current workload is, can be achieved but during contract stand-up OR ad-hoc project time (which is whenever an SVP or C-level employee can dream up a new re-org scheme), expect to answer your non-company provided smartphone at all hours of the day and night.

Overall a decent company, good pay and decent benefits for HQ employees

I have been working at Triple Canopy full-time

Pros

Very laid back work environment, interesting work, potential to travel depending upon your position, and most people at HQ are great to work with.

Cons

Uncertainty during the current transition, a lot of restructuring, and changes in leadership. Some people are overpaid for the work the skill level required to actually complete the work, for example, having a Director or Manager when a lower positions would be sufficient.

Keep the current benefits package or at least something equivalent. Establish an employee training program for people to increase their skill set and be able to advance in their careers. Additional training for middle management is needed along with empowering them to make more decisions.

Once was great, but can't say the same now

I have been working at Triple Canopy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are good.
    Peers are usually a very good group to work with.

Cons

Management, especially upper management.
    Certain departments not held accountable for mistakes and problems.
    Communication is terrible, especially between the corporate office and overseas sites.

Transparent Leadership in a Time of Flux

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Triple Canopy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Executive management is significantly more transparent with changes and decision making than any other company I have been with. The environment is pretty informal, people are generally personable, benefits are reasonable (although no 401k for the first 12 months), pay is competitive.

Cons

The company is in a transitional period, morale as taken a big hit. Not a particularly tech-savvy company. Work flexibility seems dependent on your direct supervisor - some allow 100% remote work others don't allow any.

Roles and responsibilities need to be clearly defined. Accountability is a big problem when everyone is allowed to say "it's not my job to _______." The company is also heavily staffed with senior level employees (directors/managers), yet almost none of them have the authority to make decisions or any staff to direct or manage. Classic case of too many chiefs, not enough indians.

Not a good environment

I have been working at Triple Canopy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and nice holidays.

Cons

Not a healthy environment to work in. Management is horrible and there is a lack in communication. People are leaving and this company does nothing to keep people during the companies transition.

TC Has Taken a Wrong Turn

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Reston, VA

I worked at Triple Canopy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

TC had some pretty good benefits when I worked there many years ago. The people were also the best part - I made some life long friends there. There were also many couples who met there and ended up getting married. I can't speak to how the company is today because I don't necessarily agree with its direction.

Cons

The EMT has become greedy and doesn't care about its loyal employees any more. They've let go of employees that have been with the company since day 1...They've turned the company into an employee owned company again which further supports the fact that it's a dying company. TC is struggling to find their place in the future and are making stupid decisions because of it.

Use your experience with certain clients to diversify service offerings into other areas your clients might need. Stop thinking of the immediate reward and think about the bigger picture. Stop outsourcing certain areas of work (legal) when you have a team and an exec with limited experience for it.

Terrible, very unprofessional organization

Former Employee - DDM
    Former Employee - DDM

I worked at Triple Canopy as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The pay was good but it was being reduced when I left.

Cons

There was no management and was very disorganized. It was very unprofessional.