Triple Canopy

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ignacio Balderas

Overall a decent company, good pay and decent benefits for HQ employees

ProsVery laid back work environment, interesting work, potential to travel depending upon your position, and most people at HQ are great to work with.

ConsUncertainty during the current transition, a lot of restructuring, and changes in leadership. Some people are overpaid for the work the skill level required to actually complete the work, for example, having a Director or Manager when a lower positions would be sufficient.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the current benefits package or at least something equivalent. Establish an employee training program for people to increase their skill set and be able to advance in their careers. Additional training for middle management is needed along with empowering them to make more decisions.

Once was great, but can't say the same now

ProsBenefits are good.
    Peers are usually a very good group to work with.

ConsManagement, especially upper management.
    Certain departments not held accountable for mistakes and problems.
    Communication is terrible, especially between the corporate office and overseas sites.

Transparent Leadership in a Time of Flux

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Reston, VA

ProsExecutive management is significantly more transparent with changes and decision making than any other company I have been with. The environment is pretty informal, people are generally personable, benefits are reasonable (although no 401k for the first 12 months), pay is competitive.

ConsThe company is in a transitional period, morale as taken a big hit. Not a particularly tech-savvy company. Work flexibility seems dependent on your direct supervisor - some allow 100% remote work others don't allow any.

Advice to Senior ManagementRoles and responsibilities need to be clearly defined. Accountability is a big problem when everyone is allowed to say "it's not my job to _______." The company is also heavily staffed with senior level employees (directors/managers), yet almost none of them have the authority to make decisions or any staff to direct or manage. Classic case of too many chiefs, not enough indians.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible, very unprofessional organization

DDM (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay was good but it was being reduced when I left.

ConsThere was no management and was very disorganized. It was very unprofessional.

TC Has Taken a Wrong Turn

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Reston, VA

ProsTC had some pretty good benefits when I worked there many years ago. The people were also the best part - I made some life long friends there. There were also many couples who met there and ended up getting married. I can't speak to how the company is today because I don't necessarily agree with its direction.

ConsThe EMT has become greedy and doesn't care about its loyal employees any more. They've let go of employees that have been with the company since day 1...They've turned the company into an employee owned company again which further supports the fact that it's a dying company. TC is struggling to find their place in the future and are making stupid decisions because of it.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse your experience with certain clients to diversify service offerings into other areas your clients might need. Stop thinking of the immediate reward and think about the bigger picture. Stop outsourcing certain areas of work (legal) when you have a team and an exec with limited experience for it.

Great place to work!

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Reston, VA

ProsCommitted and engaged executive management team
    Friendly company culture
    Nice perks - breakfast blessings, holiday parties and lunches
    Values in action thru service to the community: feeding the troops at Walter Reed, Honor Flight sponsor, adopt a highway sponsor, etc
    ESOP - We all own a piece of the company!!

ConsNature of the work can be dangerous

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course and continue to grow and improve

Great Place To Work

Tactical Recruiter (Current Employee) Reston, VA

ProsManagement actually treats you like family and cares about your family. The pay is excellent and the job is very rewarding if you work hard. The atmosphere is very professional and enjoyable. Everyone is approachable from the CEO on down.

ConsThe commute can be tough if you live outside of Reston. The work is challenging so you have to be ready to roll up your sleeves and work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great leadership and taking care of the contractors overseas. That's the life blood of this company.

High energy atmosphere where hard work is rewarded.

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Reston, VA

ProsOpen collaborative environment where innovation is encouraged. Quality is a high priority. Company leadership is involved at every level. Individual contributers are encouraged to strech their skill set while learning new technologies. The comapany provides the proper amount of resources and personnel to accomplish the mission.

ConsRotational deployments for project personnel can be difficult. The company operates in austere environments throughout the world.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrong benefit package, merit based promotions and bonuses, employee owned company. Keep providing the same high level of support to the employees.

Well rounded company continuously looking to grow

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Reston, VA

Pros-Growth Opportunities
    -Actively seeking new contracts
    -Robust BD Department
    -Team Atmosphere
    -Relaxed Dress Code
    -Friday morning breakfast

Cons-Have to remain flexible due to changes in contracts

Rapid decline for Triple Canopy

ProsDon't have to show up for work, low bar for success, don't have to be accountable for your work, pretty much everyone leaves early afternoon on Fridays

ConsUnder qualified executive management, continues to cut employee benefits to feed executive seven figure comp, often payroll and benefits are messed up, advertises as moral and ethical but willing to make exceptions, sales team is a joke

Advice to Senior ManagementFor past two years management has been making company decisions for personal gain instead of improving the company. During that time revenue has dropped drastically and they have been able to win few contracts, none of any real size. Execs need to stop milking the company for everything they can and start focusing on improvements to qualify and moral or else Triple Canopy will be out of business in 2 years. CEO needs to hold execs accountable.

Worked for Triple Canopy? Contribute to the Community!