Triple-I

Perry Puccetti

Good place to work

Current Employee - Contract
    Current Employee - Contract

I have been working at Triple-I as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

Minimal administrative overhead. Work life balance is great.

Cons

Limited geographic area for doing contract work but they are continuously expanding.

A Great Place To Be A Team Leader for a Government Site

Former Employee - Site Lead in Fort Lee, VA
    Former Employee - Site Lead in Fort Lee, VA

I worked at Triple-I full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was a site lead for a government location and overall, I had a great experience. I really enjoy leading a team, supporting a client and achieving a goal. I was afforded the autonomy to make decisions with the client and had direct access to the Vice President, HR and the CEO. I had control over decisions that impacted the site team and was trusted to partner with the client. When hiring decisions were made, my judgement as the leader on the ground was strongly considered by the client as well as the firm. Employees who understood their role as government contractors on site appeared to have a good experience. Everyone on my team was treated fairly and consistently.

As a leader, I felt that I had much more autonomy and latitude than peers from other contracting firms on site. When it came to my team, I was able to reward performance and great ideas. For those who did not exhibit appropriate maturity, I had recourse to discipline or terminate employment. Our senior leaders visited our site and maintained relationships with the client on a quarterly basis. This helped ensure the company was appropriately prepared to support future operations and maintain a competitive edge in re-bid years.... which helped ensure my team's continued employment. I would gladly work for Triple I again.

Cons

Holidays and Leave did not always align with the client (which typically occurs in any defense contracting situation). Several employees shared that they had accepted roles or positions with Triple I to shift into government positions that required less work for more benefits. When this did not happen they frequently exhibited bitterness and had to be managed until they accepted the situation or left (again, a situation that occurs in many government contracting situations).

Try to improve the screening process for interviews to ensure candidates understand the role and to identify potential opportunities for high-potential hires.

Great People, but Not Many that want to Do Their Job

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Triple-I full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great people, no micro-managers. Great work/live balance especially if you have children.

Cons

Keeping people when their positions end and trying to have them perform job functions they have never performed before without any training or controls to make sure client work is completed at a certain level of quality.

Replace the top 3 and get some real leadership in those positions.

Learned a lot but left out to the wolves

I worked at Triple-I full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of changes and learning opportunities. Bagel and Doughnut Wednesdays was nice.

Cons

After landing contracts they didn't support the employees. Staff is underpaid and overworked. There is a high turnover in employees because they are run into the ground. They taught me what the phrase over promise and under deliver meant.

When landing contracts be sure to allocate the proper resources for the task.

A backstabbing, greedy, aloof company who has through the years held many government contracts

I worked at Triple-I as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

It's easy because all you need to do is keep the seat warm for them. In the beginning you really feel like you will have the chance to really contribute to a team. Looking from the outside the salary fair but its obvious to all soon after they are hired that Triple-i is charging embarrassing rates to the taxpayers of the United States.

Cons

Backstabbing in their changing of policies to suit their monetary needs. It seems that as a contract ends they remove your ability to use time that you earned throughout your time with the company. Many employees of Triple-I recently see this happen. It appears as though its illegal but I do not think they really care.

Go to church and gain some morality in the way you run your business. The way you run it is shady and it is obvious to everyone after a few months it has been that way for a long time.

Taking a Different Approach

Current Employee - Software Developer in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Triple-I full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Definitely a company that is focused on living up to its words. The projects are challenging and very different from the typical fare. Recent projects have been on SharePoint 2010, enterprise mobility and some really innovative approaches to responsive design. Leadership is demanding but accessible. Great support staff.

Cons

Many projects with sometimes competing priorities, so, days can be pretty fluid, not a bad thing just the environment a growing company has.

Keep sharing the vision and spending time with the employees. Most company VPs and CEOs don't.

Unexperienced management low people skills

Current Employee - Help Desk in Montgomery, AL
    Current Employee - Help Desk in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at Triple-I as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits no overtime.

Cons

Management was horrible, a coworker was denied changing shift for an emergency surgery he had, he ended up leaving the company to take care of his condition.

learn people skills, firing people for being 1 minute late shopwing there was an accident on the highway, bad weather, or family emergencies is play wrong.

Great Experience

Former Employee - Project Manager in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Wichita, KS

I worked at Triple-I full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Provided consultant support for more than a year and was treated very fairly. Management team actually made sure rate increases were fairly shared, not something you see very often. Overall great experience and enjoyed working with a great group of professionals.

Cons

None really. Have since moved on to another short term project, but would enjoy working for this company again.

Keep treating people fairly. It may not be as profitable but will keep people coming back to work for you.

Growing Company

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Triple-I full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Tons of new work in mobile apps, TFS, and with microsoft. Very experienced people. CEO is actively involved and completely accessible.

Cons

Benefits are very good, need to keep costs down.

Keep bringing in great talent. Keep focusing the company message,it is working!

Professionally Rewarding

Current Employee - Technical Architect in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Technical Architect in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Triple-I full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

More than 5 years with this company and have seen them continue to evolve into a very capable organization. Increasing focus on solutions and capabilities. Very fair. Administrative staff is excellent.

Cons

Needs to better market itself, should be better known for a 40 year old company.

Get out of the government business. There is no money in it.