Tripp Lite Reviews

Glen Haeflinger

1. Decent Company

Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Tripp Lite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, solid compensation, family owned company

Cons

Arcane attitudes in some areas, Somewhat disorganized

Advice to Management

A more cohesive approach and training program would improve sales results.

2. Always enjoying the continuous growth, learning and support!

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers are always supportive and enjoyable. Always opportunities to learn and grow.

Cons

My commute in my first 4 years with Tripp Lite added a lot of miles to my car, but is always worth it.

Advice to Management

I hope to continue enjoying working at Tripp Lite for many more years to come. Keep up the good work!

3. My experience at Tripp has been unforgettable. I have learned so much in 15 yrs.

Current Employee - Costing Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Costing Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Tripp Lite offers the opportunity for growth to its employees who are dedicated and work hard. In 15 years, I have been promoted several times.

Cons

I have seen no downsides to working at Tripp Lite. In 15 years, I have enjoyed my time at Tripp. I only wish I have many more years.

Advice to Management

To Tripp Management, my advice is continue exactly what they are currently doing. The owner, Mr. Seid, embodies all the great qualities of an exceptional owner that values it's employees and shows them his gratitude.

5. Tripp Lite offers a challenging yet not too high stress environment where your work is valued.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tripp Lite (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company benefits. Management takes pride in the success of the company and shares this with all employees, from the warehouse worker to the executive. This success is rewarded with a year end bonus, Christmas party, summer picnic and fun company activities throughout the year. Employees are recognized.

Cons

Should off a better time off policy

Advice to Management

Move to a time off policy that rewards the employees who don't take sick time. Rather than vacation and sick. Just offer discretionary time. This would allow all employees the same time off each year. The employee would have to manage their time off and use what they have for vacation, sick or personal time. Current policy encourages some employees to call off even if they aren't sick in order to gain additional time off.

6. GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!!!

I have been working at Tripp Lite

Pros

Always room to advance. Great incentives (BONUSES, company pays for outside class associated with the company growth, awesome picnics & Christmas parties . . . etc.)

Cons

Not enough vacation time for long time employees.

Advice to Management

Great job, keep up the work!

7. Nice People, Good Products

Former Employee - Territory Channel Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Channel Manager

I worked at Tripp Lite full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Some very nice people work at Tripp Lite and the products are good and cost a lot less than the competition.

Cons

Company does not provide reports to allow tracking of sales and they do not pay many of their sales representatives the money they are owed.

Advice to Management

Provide payment of commissions that are owed to the sales representatives. You would not have such high turnover in both inside and outside sales positions.

8. Nice place to work, terrible for career

I worked at Tripp Lite full-time

Pros

Co-workers are super nice. Company pays well and is very generous with bonuses. Great employee discount program. Relaxed dress code (you can wear anything you're comfortable in, as long as its appropriate). Company outings are a blast! Flex-time is also fantastic.

Cons

Tend to over-hire staff, work can get really slow. Projects are not very interesting. Low to medium tech design. Its a small company but engineering skills are underutilized. Project managers are more of an obstacle than assistants. Creativity is generally frowned upon.

Advice to Management

A lot less work gets done than what's reported by the VP's. Company is very innefficient. Some VP's tend to micro-manage way too much.

Great private company

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are plenty of perks at this company. Great work environment including casual attire and benefit packages that offer options for everyone (single, spouse, family). They are extremely fair with work-life balances, including maternity leave, medical leave and personal leave. Also lots of fun events like beer Fridays, company sponsored holiday lunches, company picnic with activities, food & awards. Holiday party at White Sox stadium with gourmet lunch, drinks & amazing prizes. It's also a solid company that has been growing and successful even when the rest of the industry wasn't and it appreciates and supports employees with performance and tenure based end-of-the-year bonuses and profit sharing bonuses based on overall profits.

Cons

I really have none, I actually enjoy coming to work.

Advice to Management

I've worked here for almost 15 years at 3 different positions and every manager I had was fair and balanced when it came to compensation, time-off policies and work-life balances. They also have an excellent Human Resources staff that works with you and treats you fairly, not as a number but as a person and valued employee. I've recommended Tripp Lite to many friends and family and happy to say that 4 out of 5 of those who have interviewed and accepted the job still work here since the day they were first hired! The only reason the 5th person didn't stay is they moved, but they also did well here and liked his manager and the company. My managers have always been fair and flexible, especially when I need to handle appointments and home situations with my young children because my husband's job is not as flexible.

“Given the chance to grow and thrive and I did just that! ”

Current Employee - International Marketing in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - International Marketing in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The environment is relaxed yet professional. No idea is a bad one and creativity is welcomed. Casual attire and start times, relaxed management style and location are a plus. Free Parking, shuttle service and Great health insurance, cheaper than anyone I know!

Cons

The company would benefit from more structure and an emphasis on efficiency. Vacation time could be more generous. A long term plan, clearly communicated to the troops would help with morale.

Advice to Management

Share goals and expectations with department heads. If your desire is to keep headcount low, improve systems and processes to support the existing staff and business. Offer professional development programs focused on improving management skills and employee growth.

11. A great place to develop your career. Friendly people, supportive environment and financially stable.

I have been working at Tripp Lite full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Room to grow within the company.
    Flexible work attire
    Sales growth even in a weak economy

Cons

401K matching program needs improvement

RSS Feed </> Embed