Triton Technologies Reviews

1. Zero room from growth, management was very stressed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, MA

I worked at Triton Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extremely flexible hours Some of my coworkers there where the best I have ever had.

Cons

Low hourly wage (will promise 12-20 dollars an hour but deliver 8) Very poor management Expected to do to good when given very bad training Working around ex-cons and current drug abusers.

Advice to Management

If you're going to promote from within, hire better entry level. Or just hire from the outside and pay them real money.

2. Call Center Phone Sales Rep

Former Employee - Phone Sales Representative in Mansfield, MA
    Former Employee - Phone Sales Representative in Mansfield, MA

I worked at Triton Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Training, care about employees {in a non-financial sense}, work from home available for top performers.

Cons

Constant and intentional effort to engineer the profit out of the system for the rep by taking all the things the 'good reps' say and spoon-feeding it, script-style, to inexperienced/low-cost reps.

Advice to Management

Stop taking the profit out of the system, and good reps will stay; you get what you pay for. If you want monkeys in the chairs, keep it up.

3. Work all the hours you want

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Johnston, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Johnston, RI

I have been working at Triton Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours are decent and you can work as many hours as you want if you want to make some extra money they are always looking for people to fill gaps

Cons

A bit too reliant in upsells in scripting in order to meet commission goals. Scripting should be condensed in order to maximize sales.

5. Greater starter call center job if you don't have experience.

I worked at Triton Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fellow co-workers see what made the job tolerable. Decent pay for a person with not a lot sales experience. Read a script!

Cons

Stupid weekend hours. Mandatory extra hours on weekends because of infomercial advertising. Dealing with angry customers because the products customer service dept never answered (I don't believe they existed). They sell a lot of top notch products But at the same time they sell just as many shady ones. They represent many different clients.

Advice to Management

Raise the pay so that an agent wouldn't have to ensure they sold the majority of their sales on the weekends. They don't have a great work life balance the way it's handled currently.

sales for infomercials,

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Triton Technologies full-time

Pros

Only pro was I did meet some nice people. Training was interesting, however things said would never be acceptable in a top company.

Cons

Have to be willing to push things that are basic scams. If you don't you are threaten with being written up or fired. The work spaces are filthy and look like they were taken from the dump. Commissions are low along with the base pay. Also were not honest with me. The claim they are a company with integrity. I didn't feel it.

Advice to Management

Clean the place up. Offer better pay and training and be honest

Beware the soul vampire

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Mansfield, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Mansfield, MA

I worked at Triton Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- If you're a breathing meat-puppet who can speak, you'll get hired. - There's a decent training/orientation program. - I can say that 98% of the people on-site in Mansfield - including leads and support staff - are genuinely good people who want you to do well. By contrast, visiting big-wigs from Arizona typically projected cold, calculating, and uncaring personas designed more to intimidate than anything else (think any evil businessman in a 1980s movie), but YMMV.

Cons

- If you can read this sentence, you're too smart to work for Triton. Go apply for something at McDonald's. You'll probably get paid more. - Speaking of which, the "compensation" here is atrocious. When you're not sitting around talking to the person next to you while making $5/hr during dead periods, you're talking yourself in circles trying to convince a little old lady in Missouri that cactus juice will cure her arthritis. But don't use the word "cure," because that will get the 50 cents you make from the phone call taken away for compliance reasons. - "Working for Triton" is another way to say "navigating a giant web of hypocrisy." You're encouraged to "follow the sales process," then get written up when that same process fails to net you numbers that meet the lofty, nearly-impossible sales goals that determine how much "extra" commission you can make. You're told to "read the script," then get chewed out for not "connecting with the customer" because you sound like an automated answering system with a branching function. - You will not survive if you don't sell clubs and magazines. I mean that literally: you will not be able to live on your paycheck if you're not talking customers into purchasing unrelated products that require mandatory auto-renewal, and that most consumers either recognize as the scams they are due to having common sense or have already been burned by before. These are archaic "reward programs" and "trial memberships" that have not been relevant since Al Gore invented the Internet, and you will not be able to pay your rent if you work for Triton unless you sell them to belligerent customers on a daily basis. - Upper-level management in Arizona is constantly applying pressure on the next level down, and that trickles all the way down to the sales floor. Workplace culture is tainted by fear-based motivational tactics and the looming Big Brother threat of "every call counts (and is listened to)." There's no morale to speak of, so I won't even say it's low. You can't look at your paycheck from month to month and feel anything related to dignity. - You will work odd hours regularly, and are required to work weekends. There's no way you're jumping on board and working 9 to 5 or 7 to 3, so throw that fantasy right out the window. Along with work-life balance. There is none. Triton is a soul vampire. - Leads are fired on a semi-regular basis, so don't expect much consistency in lower-level leadership or coaching. - Finally, go look at the positive "review" posted on January 30, 2015. That's someone speaking from or for Triton corporate, and it says more than I could hope to say with all these words - provided you can read between the lines (and if you can, why are you still reading this? YOU'RE TOO SMART! Go find something else!). Does that sound like someone you want to work for? Someone who promises (lies) that you can make "a boatload of money," even when almost ever other review on this site indicates the complete opposite? Someone who belittles you by acting like you don't understand that you need to work hard to make money? Certainly you want to work for someone who will label you a "whiner" with "no talent or motivation" if you hit a rut, right? Just go read that "review," and ask yourself if you'd be okay with working to help make that person six times more money that you'll be making yourself.

Advice to Management

Make your shill reviews on Glassdoor more transparent next time. That 1/30/15 review is the only reason I felt the need to pipe up at all. So congratulations, you earned 50%. Still an "F."

8. Excellent

Former Employee - Sales Agent
    Former Employee - Sales Agent

I worked at Triton Technologies

Pros

I made a boatload of money, selling is selling. People call in to BUY, so I facilitated their needs. Management was top notch. The whiners were those who had no talent or motivation. You EARN what you WORK for. PERIOD.

Cons

None. None. None. None. None. Get it?

Advice to Management

Great training program, great feedback, great opportunity to earn $$. The 'system' is the 'solution.'

On the verge of criminal

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Triton Technologies

Pros

If you are in need of quick income while in between jobs this is the place. They will hire anybody, no background checks. I had 3 felons in my training class.

Cons

Where do I begin. For starters the training is a joke, it's 4 days of watching infomercials of products they sale and then thrown on the floor with a bunch of scripts to read to sell to the customer then on top of that they want you to sell these clubs and magazine subscriptions to customers that are being billed to the customers credit card and are near impossible to stop. This whole setup is a scam operation. If you've ever seen the movie "Boilerroom" it is simular to that. I was written up while still in my first 30 days of training for not upselling the clubs. My conscience would not allow me to rip off little old ladies who were calling in to buy low quality knife sets they saw on an infomercial to screw them over more with these crappy clubs. Since coming from a reputable company and call center this place was a joke. I asked 1guy on the floor what he did before coming here? He told me he was a drug addict. Two of my training class mates I found on mugshots.com, did I mention no background checks? If you are good at ripping people off and make sells they make you a lead, no type of training what so ever. They feel good about ripping people off. My so called lead told me he sold 6 wave ovens to a lady living in a motel 6 and was happy about it. If you are here more than 6 months leads me to believe that you have a record and can't pass a background check with a reputable company,no one would work here if they could make better money with a reputable company. I would not call this place and provide my credit card info. Going to an agency for better employment.Oh I was fired for telling a lead this company is unprofessional. TRUTH HURTS

Advice to Management

You could be a legitimate company if you tried, but it seems like you like being shady. Clean house from top to bottom and stop the shady stuff.

Run. FAST

I have been working at Triton Technologies

Pros

The commute and pizza 1st day

Cons

There is no management when u need it. Roaches crawling on your desk. Chairs are filthy. People smoking inside the building. Totally unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Pay more hourly

Great Environment, Low Pay

I worked at Triton Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people that work here are awesome. Everyone is helpful and nice, and there is very minimul workplace drama. The training is awesome as well.

Cons

The managers/supervisors are often hard to find when you need help. There is low pay hourly, even though the commission is okay (but not dependable). Many times there are situations where a different manager will tell you a different thing and the schedule are regularly changed.

Advice to Management

Keep your leads at the lead stations so they are actually available to agents. Make schedule adjustments clear.

RSS Feed </> Embed