Triumph Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

Triumph Group President & CEO Jeffry D. Frisby

Jeffry D. Frisby

Great place to work with good people

Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) West Hartford, CT

ProsPeople work together. Gave me time to think. Great emphasis on product reliability and quality. Emphasis on cleanliness and order. Learned new software packages.

ConsImpractical goals. Supervisor was nit picky. There was only one way to do things.

Horrible unethical company, destroyed a great company and killed morale!

Aircraft Assembler & Quality (Former Employee) Grand Prairie, TX

ProsIf you are a job shopper or contractor than you'll enjoy collecting a paycheck

ConsAnti Union, so much that they bought two aircraft assembly plants I DFW just to close them down. After purchase they immediately began construction on a new building just outside the union laws transfer clause (30 miles I believe) than moved all the work out there. They literally took the jig I worked on, moved it 30 miles away, and told me to apply for the position I e been working the last 6 years! And if we chose not to apply, or didn't get hired by the people we were currently working for, we were layed off! Craaaaazy! To me the Company just seems to be morally corrupt! I really don't understand how what there doing is legal! Oh and another thing, they are out sourcing a majority of the work to china, Korea, and Mexico. So if you are looking to retire from a company, this isn't the place. Oh and to you 40+ year old mechanics...good luck, they find ways to fire older people now so they sure won't hire you!

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat makes you rich today, could be the companies demise in 10 years. When the foreign sub contractors decide to stop building for you and build there own aircraft using the free knowledge you've given them, don't be upset. And when a plane (747-8) falls out of the sky due to shady build practices by your foreign counterparts, don't act surprised because you have been warned!

This place is scary

Looking for A Path Out (Current Employee) North Wales, PA

ProsEight hour day is the norm.

ConsThe man running this place appears to have some mental health issues. Everyone is afraid of him and because of this his managers do not keep him informed of problems.

Advice to Senior ManagementTriumph Group needs to take a hard look at what is going on at this operation.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Total apathy for their employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Red Oak, TX

Prosflexibility of work hours, pay is okay for salary employees

ConsThey hate to pay you overtime, total disregard for your talents. Just want you to come in and do your job and go home. They're not vested in their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your brightest, young talent. They are the future of the company.

ehhhhhhhh

Process Engineer (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsGreat exposure to new opportunities. If the the crew likes you great place to work.

ConsFairly stuck in there own ways.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to have input on hiring process

Wouldn't recommend triumph Spokane plant to anyone

Production Mechanic (Current Employee) Spokane, WA

ProsAlmost half of the co-workers are good people, as for the rest: arrogant, selfish, not all there, likes to talk about others in a bad way (especially to managements), throw each other under the bus, with everybody is wrong and I'm always right attitude

ConsFull of rules, stupid ones too. Management only try to get as much people as they can into trouble, because the more people get in trouble and fired, the better they are as managers apparently. A lot of power trips running around. They don't look at the workers as human. There was one good manager that actually manages his workers and the workers respect him, but he got demoted because he is not a slave driver like the rest of them. Last year our cost of living benefits was $600 per 6 months, this year is $104, it just doesn't make sense that they calculate cost of living for people is lower, while everything else is going up. Christmas dinner 2012 we were told that the company had a record profit, early 2013 our benefits we're cut in half, and the max pay is reduced significantly, 401k matching and pension is gone. To sum it: greedy, unprofessional, amateurs, and just horrible

Advice to Senior ManagementFear is not respect. Happy employee is a productive employee. Don't tell the employees that the company hit record profit and cut max pay and the benefits couple months later. Workers are humans, and just because we're not all African, doesn't mean that slavery is okay. Slave drivers lower morale. Cut out mandatory overtime, 2 days off every other weekend is not enough. If need to pump the production, hire more people, instead of forcing people to work instead of having time for their kids on their weekends. Hiring slave drivers doesn't improve morale of the workers, especially when hiring managers without a management degree and hire ex-militaries with poor people skills instead. HR need to stop assuming whoever report someone to them first must be the right party, and stop getting on the get as much people in trouble as you can bandwagon.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great coworkers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe team at Triumph are all very intelligent and fun to work with. I really enjoyed my time there. Working around all the machines was exciting and made me excited to go to work everyday.

ConsSometimes it was hard to see the "Big Picture" of what was going on at the company. Knowing exactly what was going on on a large scale was a bit hazy.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would hold more full-company meetings, so everyone has a clear picture of where the company is going.

Positive Engineering Internship Opportunity

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsVery flexible with school schedules.
    Studies come first as long as you are getting the job done!
    Tentative and open to training and development.
    Great internship opportunity while in school.

ConsDepending on the department you are in, your development may be a bit hampered depending on how much exposure you are expecting and what you want out of your career.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the work with your internship program!

Over 30 years at Triumph - Vought Aerostructures working for all Vought legacy companies from LTV to Triumph

ProsGreat people both union and non-union workforce, had a solid business base, creating safe reliable products for the aerospace industry, great leadership through 2005. Since that time a loss of focus and communication from senior management.

ConsManagement changes in 2006 started the downfall, there was no support for the people, everyone became a number and expendable and it showed in their performance in quality and schedule which significantly effected cost. Customer relationships are weaker and no real business prospects to fill the gaping holes that will be left after the 747 and C-17 meet their ultimate fate. Triumph has been successful in dragging Vought down to its tier 2/3 level.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back some the former leadership (CEO prior to 2006)to bring a strategic focus to the business and give it a chance to grow again, rebuild customer relationships and be the great company it once was. Even if just in an advisory capacity. We are desperate for a focused leader with a understanding of the aerostructures business that has a strategic vision of growth.

Learned a lot from co-workers in many areas of the industry.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsVery little over site so you are free to manage your time the way you need to get your job done. Work with many extremely knowledgeable people who I have learned a lot from.

ConsStruggle to get projects through to management for approval and very little team work to accomplish similar tasks in a more effective efficient manner. There isn't much oppertunity for growth.

Worked for Triumph Group? Contribute to the Community!