Triumph Group

Triumph Group President & CEO Jeffry D. Frisby

Jeffry D. Frisby

continually improving

I have been working at Triumph Group full-time for more than a year

ProsThe company in general is always trying to do thing better. they will allocate the resources needed to get the job done

Consmanagement is sometimes passive towards the systems that guide the company

Advice to Senior Managementbe strong leaders that have vision and a plan and follow through with objectives to make things better

Opportunities unrealized...

Engineer (Current Employee)
Stuart, FL

I have been working at Triumph Group full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThis company has a solid work base and a good amount of future committed work. The pay is generally fair, but to the low side of the average at most sites, as profit concerns drive the budgets to keep a tight reign on recurring costs. Multiple sites offer opportunities across the country, without having to change employers. Generally small sites that make up a large corporation.

ConsWith the transition away from defined benefit pension plans, the company has not yet figured out how to effectively incentivize the workforce for long term employment. The overall benefits package is still a good package, but not significantly better than offered anywhere else. There has been a steady decline (not unlike everywhere else in the industry) in the overall value of the benefits package, resulting in a feeling among employees that their total pay and benefits is not a good as it was 5 or 10 years ago. "Casual Time" and "Acting Positions" are used more and more often basically having personnel perform work and tasks for no additional pay, and generally little or no recognition, as well. Again, this seems to be an overall industry trend, but whittles away at employee morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out how to be unique in the area / industry so that you are the employer of choice.
Find a way to incentivize your trained and experienced personnel to stay.
Devote more time and resources into making the workforce feel like part of one big family.
Never forget your people are your most important resource!

Great place to work with good people

Electrical Engineer (Former Employee)
West Hartford, CT

I worked at Triumph Group as a contractor for more than a year

ProsPeople work together. Gave me time to think. Great emphasis on product reliability and quality. Emphasis on cleanliness and order. Learned new software packages.

ConsImpractical goals. Supervisor was nit picky. There was only one way to do things.

Horrible unethical company, destroyed a great company and killed morale!

Aircraft Assembler & Quality (Former Employee)
Grand Prairie, TX

I worked at Triumph Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIf you are a job shopper or contractor than you'll enjoy collecting a paycheck

ConsAnti Union, so much that they bought two aircraft assembly plants I DFW just to close them down. After purchase they immediately began construction on a new building just outside the union laws transfer clause (30 miles I believe) than moved all the work out there. They literally took the jig I worked on, moved it 30 miles away, and told me to apply for the position I e been working the last 6 years! And if we chose not to apply, or didn't get hired by the people we were currently working for, we were layed off! Craaaaazy! To me the Company just seems to be morally corrupt! I really don't understand how what there doing is legal! Oh and another thing, they are out sourcing a majority of the work to china, Korea, and Mexico. So if you are looking to retire from a company, this isn't the place. Oh and to you 40+ year old mechanics...good luck, they find ways to fire older people now so they sure won't hire you!

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat makes you rich today, could be the companies demise in 10 years. When the foreign sub contractors decide to stop building for you and build there own aircraft using the free knowledge you've given them, don't be upset. And when a plane (747-8) falls out of the sky due to shady build practices by your foreign counterparts, don't act surprised because you have been warned!

This place is scary

Looking for A Path Out (Current Employee)
North Wales, PA

I have been working at Triumph Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEight hour day is the norm.

ConsThe man running this place appears to have some mental health issues. Everyone is afraid of him and because of this his managers do not keep him informed of problems.

Advice to Senior ManagementTriumph Group needs to take a hard look at what is going on at this operation.

Total apathy for their employees

Red Oak, TX

I have been working at Triumph Group full-time for more than a year

Prosflexibility of work hours, pay is okay for salary employees

ConsThey hate to pay you overtime, total disregard for your talents. Just want you to come in and do your job and go home. They're not vested in their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your brightest, young talent. They are the future of the company.

ehhhhhhhh

Process Engineer (Former Employee)
Nashville, TN

I worked at Triumph Group as an intern for less than a year

ProsGreat exposure to new opportunities. If the the crew likes you great place to work.

ConsFairly stuck in there own ways.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to have input on hiring process

Wouldn't recommend triumph Spokane plant to anyone

production mechanic (Current Employee)
Spokane, WA

I have been working at Triumph Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAlmost half of the co-workers are good people, as for the rest: arrogant, selfish, not all there, likes to talk about others in a bad way (especially to managements), throw each other under the bus, with everybody is wrong and I'm always right attitude

ConsFull of rules, stupid ones too. Management only try to get as much people as they can into trouble, because the more people get in trouble and fired, the better they are as managers apparently. A lot of power trips running around. They don't look at the workers as human. There was one good manager that actually manages his workers and the workers respect him, but he got demoted because he is not a slave driver like the rest of them. Last year our cost of living benefits was $600 per 6 months, this year is $104, it just doesn't make sense that they calculate cost of living for people is lower, while everything else is going up. Christmas dinner 2012 we were told that the company had a record profit, early 2013 our benefits we're cut in half, and the max pay is reduced significantly, 401k matching and pension is gone. To sum it: greedy, unprofessional, amateurs, and just horrible

Advice to Senior ManagementFear is not respect. Happy employee is a productive employee. Don't tell the employees that the company hit record profit and cut max pay and the benefits couple months later. Workers are humans, and just because we're not all African, doesn't mean that slavery is okay. Slave drivers lower morale. Cut out mandatory overtime, 2 days off every other weekend is not enough. If need to pump the production, hire more people, instead of forcing people to work instead of having time for their kids on their weekends. Hiring slave drivers doesn't improve morale of the workers, especially when hiring managers without a management degree and hire ex-militaries with poor people skills instead. HR need to stop assuming whoever report someone to them first must be the right party, and stop getting on the get as much people in trouble as you can bandwagon.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great coworkers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Triumph Group as an intern

ProsThe team at Triumph are all very intelligent and fun to work with. I really enjoyed my time there. Working around all the machines was exciting and made me excited to go to work everyday.

ConsSometimes it was hard to see the "Big Picture" of what was going on at the company. Knowing exactly what was going on on a large scale was a bit hazy.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would hold more full-company meetings, so everyone has a clear picture of where the company is going.

Positive Engineering Internship Opportunity

Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at Triumph Group as an intern for less than a year

ProsVery flexible with school schedules.
Studies come first as long as you are getting the job done!
Tentative and open to training and development.
Great internship opportunity while in school.

ConsDepending on the department you are in, your development may be a bit hampered depending on how much exposure you are expecting and what you want out of your career.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the work with your internship program!

Worked for Triumph Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Triumph Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Triumph Group CEO Jeffry D. Frisby. All 32 reviews posted anonymously by Triumph Group employees.