Triumph Group Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014

2.9

Triumph Group President & CEO Jeffry D. Frisby
Jeffry D. Frisby

Overall a good place to work.

I have been working at Triumph Group

Pros

Great people, family oriented, and very easy to get along with co-workers and management. Feels like you are a part of the family on day one.

Cons

Very difficult to implement lasting change in any aspect of the operation. Hard on anyone who is highly motivated to perform and make a difference.

Upper management needs to establish a clear vision of where the company needs to go and remove all known obstacles.

I had a very positive experience while working for the Triumph Group

Current Employee - Quality  in  Grandview, MO
    Current Employee - Quality in Grandview, MO

I have been working at Triumph Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Too many hours per work week.

Cons

Work/life balance. In the Aerospace industry, there are many highs, lows and global competition. It forces some business units to try to do too much with too little.

Leverage the corporation's position at the business unit level.

Review of the company

Current Employee - Information Systems Administrator  in  Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Information Systems Administrator in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Triumph Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent benefits for this area and there is room for advancement for those eager to move up. Plenty of over time is available for those who seek it. Plus there are opportunities to move around within the company if your current position is no longer desirable to you, which for me was a huge plus.

Cons

The building are old and require updates.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great coworkers

I worked at Triumph Group as an intern

Pros

The team at Triumph are all very intelligent and fun to work with. I really enjoyed my time there. Working around all the machines was exciting and made me excited to go to work everyday.

Cons

Sometimes it was hard to see the "Big Picture" of what was going on at the company. Knowing exactly what was going on on a large scale was a bit hazy.

I would hold more full-company meetings, so everyone has a clear picture of where the company is going.

Awesome

Former Employee - Intern  in  Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Intern in Spokane, WA

I worked at Triumph Group as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Triumph is a forward looking company that really takes advice from all of its employees. They are constantly striving to improve, and they take suggestions readily from those interested. As just an Intern, I was allowed to provide input on several important projects, and really felt like I made an impact in the company.

Cons

Triumph is heavily unionized, which makes some changes harder to implement than others. Some of the technology they use is a bit dated, which can make some work more difficult than it should be.

Have less union shops, they really hurt the profitability of your company.

Triumph Controls - A good Triumph Group Company

Former Employee - Manager, Engineering  in  North Wales, PA
    Former Employee - Manager, Engineering in North Wales, PA

I worked at Triumph Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Actually a very honest and no nonsense management group. Hard work and dedication is recognized. Knowledgable engineering and manufacturing personnel with many years of experience, on average. Committed to customers and to their employees. A good combination all around.

Cons

The facility is old and a little outdated, although there are on-going efforts to improve. Tendency to push for monthly milestones rather than a metered long term approach. For anyone wishing to work at the North Wales Facility, the commute is awful. No good way to get into or out of that town.

Keep listening to your engineering and manufacturing staff. They know you appreciate good advice and they are aware of the importance of remaining profitable and delivering high quality.

Triumph Group of company's are made up of outstanding Aerospace Manufacturing and MRO business units.

Former Employee - Sales/Marketing Director  in  Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Sales/Marketing Director in Wayne, PA

I worked at Triumph Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Triumph Group has a wonderful health benefits program for employees inclusive of families. Time off is great with the industry average paid holidays and earned vacation time. You have great opportunities to grow your career here.

Cons

You must take advantage of the new online personal review system. Failure to do this can be career ending or at the least halting. Work life balance can be difficult at some business units if your position objectives are not clear.

Stick with portfolio growth objectives, continue to invest into the personnel and facilities you already own.

Triumph Group

I have been working at Triumph Group full-time

Pros

great benefits and amenities; acceptable work life balance and good coworkers for the most part.

Cons

One of the least diverse places I have ever worked. The company is stuck in "we have always done it this way", which is fine in manufacturing 20 years ago. Now, employees have to be nimble and amenable to change. Not so much here.

Embrace diversity, nto only just finding people who look different, but those who act different as well. This will allow your conglomeration of companies to accept and weather change well.

continually improving

I have been working at Triumph Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company in general is always trying to do thing better. they will allocate the resources needed to get the job done

Cons

management is sometimes passive towards the systems that guide the company

be strong leaders that have vision and a plan and follow through with objectives to make things better

Great place to work with good people

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer  in  West Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in West Hartford, CT

I worked at Triumph Group as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

People work together. Gave me time to think. Great emphasis on product reliability and quality. Emphasis on cleanliness and order. Learned new software packages.

Cons

Impractical goals. Supervisor was nit picky. There was only one way to do things.

Worked for Triumph Group? Contribute to the Community!