Triumph Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

Triumph Group President & CEO Jeffry D. Frisby

Jeffry D. Frisby

Horrible unethical company, destroyed a great company and killed morale!

Aircraft Assembler & Quality (Former Employee)
    Grand Prairie, TX

ProsIf you are a job shopper or contractor than you'll enjoy collecting a paycheck

ConsAnti Union, so much that they bought two aircraft assembly plants I DFW just to close them down. After purchase they immediately began construction on a new building just outside the union laws transfer clause (30 miles I believe) than moved all the work out there. They literally took the jig I worked on, moved it 30 miles away, and told me to apply for the position I e been working the last 6 years! And if we chose not to apply, or didn't get hired by the people we were currently working for, we were layed off! Craaaaazy! To me the Company just seems to be morally corrupt! I really don't understand how what there doing is legal! Oh and another thing, they are out sourcing a majority of the work to china, Korea, and Mexico. So if you are looking to retire from a company, this isn't the place. Oh and to you 40+ year old mechanics...good luck, they find ways to fire older people now so they sure won't hire you!

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat makes you rich today, could be the companies demise in 10 years. When the foreign sub contractors decide to stop building for you and build there own aircraft using the free knowledge you've given them, don't be upset. And when a plane (747-8) falls out of the sky due to shady build practices by your foreign counterparts, don't act surprised because you have been warned!

Wouldn't recommend triumph Spokane plant to anyone

Production Mechanic (Current Employee)
    Spokane, WA

ProsAlmost half of the co-workers are good people, as for the rest: arrogant, selfish, not all there, likes to talk about others in a bad way (especially to managements), throw each other under the bus, with everybody is wrong and I'm always right attitude

ConsFull of rules, stupid ones too. Management only try to get as much people as they can into trouble, because the more people get in trouble and fired, the better they are as managers apparently. A lot of power trips running around. They don't look at the workers as human. There was one good manager that actually manages his workers and the workers respect him, but he got demoted because he is not a slave driver like the rest of them. Last year our cost of living benefits was $600 per 6 months, this year is $104, it just doesn't make sense that they calculate cost of living for people is lower, while everything else is going up. Christmas dinner 2012 we were told that the company had a record profit, early 2013 our benefits we're cut in half, and the max pay is reduced significantly, 401k matching and pension is gone. To sum it: greedy, unprofessional, amateurs, and just horrible

Advice to Senior ManagementFear is not respect. Happy employee is a productive employee. Don't tell the employees that the company hit record profit and cut max pay and the benefits couple months later. Workers are humans, and just because we're not all African, doesn't mean that slavery is okay. Slave drivers lower morale. Cut out mandatory overtime, 2 days off every other weekend is not enough. If need to pump the production, hire more people, instead of forcing people to work instead of having time for their kids on their weekends. Hiring slave drivers doesn't improve morale of the workers, especially when hiring managers without a management degree and hire ex-militaries with poor people skills instead. HR need to stop assuming whoever report someone to them first must be the right party, and stop getting on the get as much people in trouble as you can bandwagon.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Over 30 years at Triumph - Vought Aerostructures working for all Vought legacy companies from LTV to Triumph

ProsGreat people both union and non-union workforce, had a solid business base, creating safe reliable products for the aerospace industry, great leadership through 2005. Since that time a loss of focus and communication from senior management.

ConsManagement changes in 2006 started the downfall, there was no support for the people, everyone became a number and expendable and it showed in their performance in quality and schedule which significantly effected cost. Customer relationships are weaker and no real business prospects to fill the gaping holes that will be left after the 747 and C-17 meet their ultimate fate. Triumph has been successful in dragging Vought down to its tier 2/3 level.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back some the former leadership (CEO prior to 2006)to bring a strategic focus to the business and give it a chance to grow again, rebuild customer relationships and be the great company it once was. Even if just in an advisory capacity. We are desperate for a focused leader with a understanding of the aerostructures business that has a strategic vision of growth.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you wanted to be reminded that you are inferior, this is the job for you

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorked with very talented production people, benefits were decent. Great customers to work with.

ConsUpper management treat junior management and subordinates very poorly. Their concern is making themselves look good even if it means lying to their customers to get their business then expecting junior management to jump through hoops to "get it done". The FAA needs to keep a close eye on this group, they have been lying to them as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll of you have been told what you need to hear and have only ignored it, it came back to bite you once already. I recommend a full audit from Triumph Group Headquarters, maybe that will solve the problem once and for all.

Horrible

Aircraft Assembler (Current Employee)
    Grand Prairie, TX

ProsHas the potential to be as great as the former Vought, and has a great workforce. Good pay and benefits due to being a union shop, but that really has nothing to do with Triumph.

ConsManagement is completely incompetent. From supervision, up to the CEO, they have no idea what they are doing. Everyday, they make decisions that dig our facility a little deeper into the hole that they've created. To top it off, they constantly point the finger at the people on the shop floor for their mistakes.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop. Get out of the way, and find someone competent enough to run the show.

Good people, incompetent management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Park City, UT

ProsThe people try hard to do good work in some areas. Interesting and varied work.

ConsManagers look at employees as the enemies. Some middle managers are the worst. HR is totally biased and will not take complaints seriously. The attitude is well let us sit down together and talk, rather than look at managers as the problem. Sexual favors for advancement and assistance are overlooked and ignored by management. The company has had several FBI raids but have not learned from them and improved things.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind some quality management. Employees are not that bad. Actually practice what you preach.

Started out as a good place to work, but politics and incompetence of management have gotten out of control.

Oakdale, PA

ProsWork with (not for) good, caring people. Decent benefits (although they get a little worse every year)

ConsManagement looks at employees as inferiors. This is not only tolerated, but encouraged by senior management. Problems are not fixed, instead an employee is found to blame and then the issue is swept under the rug. Terrible planning by senior management leads to many situations where the business is severely understaffed for current levels of work. Management has the attitude of "if you don't like the conditions or hours, then good luck finding another job". Management is more worried about their own status symbols than they are about operating the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean out all senior management at Triumph Interiors and save this business before it goes under based on poor planning. Treat employees as people, not dogs that can be replaced on a whim.

Poor Leadership at Triumph Interiors, PA

Former Employee (Current Employee)
    Oakdale, PA

ProsMany employees, including some management, were very respectful, professional, hardworking, and genuinely pleasant to work with. Pay and benefits were competitive, but on the decline.

ConsA review given by former HR was very unfair and HR did not want my defense written on review in the space provided on the form that would be kept on file. HR criticized me for noncompliance with rules which were not only unspoken and unwritten, but also against the corporate handbook. The president always said he had an open door policy for grievances, but didn't. There were serious violations I do not feel comfortable about revealing here. Lay-offs are commonplace, good employees were let go.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't know if Triumph Group's senior management truly cares how the employees are treated at Triumph Interiors, or any of their other locations. If they do, they need to make it very clear to the presidents at each location. There are violations that could cost Triumph Group not only good employees, but a lot of money through litigation. Start with not discriminating against employees regardless of race, religion, sex and creed.

Triumph Group

Director of Operations (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsThere were some good people and the business is in the aerospace industry.

ConsLack of comprehensive strategy and communication of goals and objectives throughout the organization. Essentially it is everyone for themselves, particularly at the company level. Politics reign supreme; there are a number of individuals who are in senior management roles at each of the companies that have no business being in a leadership role.

Advice to Senior ManagementDetermine a direction and strategy, deploy it, and communicate it. Ensure those in management positions, particularly senior positions, develop fundamental leadership skills. Most do not have it.

Opportunity for growth, but this usually comes second to schedule.

Engineering (Current Employee)
    Arlington, TX

ProsOpportunity to work challenging projects and for business travel around the globe. Opportunity to work on large aircraft structure on diverse programs.

ConsThe work is engaging but the work culture is borderline toxic. Overtime is mandated with 6 day work weeks. There's not a realistic sense of the staffing/software/hardware requirements for a project.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue and invest more into your direct employees: training, mentor programs, financial incentives for sacrificing on big programs.

Worked for Triumph Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Triumph Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Triumph Group CEO Jeffry D. Frisby. All 40 reviews posted anonymously by Triumph Group employees.