www.triumphgroup.com

Updated December 15, 2014
2.6

Triumph Group President & CEO Jeffry D. Frisby
Jeffry D. Frisby

Pros
  • These folks will help you and always go the extra distance to get the job done right (in 4 reviews)

• Great people, family oriented, and very easy to get along with co-workers and management (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be difficult at some business units if your position objectives are not clear (in 3 reviews)

• Recent management changes have changed the entire outlook on this company (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Keep looking for something better.

I have been working at Triumph Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

People I work with. Work is interesting. Good location.

Cons

People I work for. Work/Life balance is non-existent. Management doesn't care about you as a person. Overtime is used to make up for poor management decisions and scheduling. Management doesn't care about your opinion or ideas.

Triumph Group Review

I have been working at Triumph Group

Pros

Large aerospace company with good compensation and diverse aircraft manufacturing.

Cons

Poor overall management style and no real communication between departments.

Overall a good place to work.

I have been working at Triumph Group

Pros

Great people, family oriented, and very easy to get along with co-workers and management. Feels like you are a part of the family on day one.

Cons

Very difficult to implement lasting change in any aspect of the operation. Hard on anyone who is highly motivated to perform and make a difference.

Upper management needs to establish a clear vision of where the company needs to go and remove all known obstacles.

Opportunity for growth, but this usually comes second to schedule.

Current Employee - Engineering in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Engineering in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Triumph Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work challenging projects and for business travel around the globe. Opportunity to work on large aircraft structure on diverse programs.

Cons

The work is engaging but the work culture is borderline toxic. Overtime is mandated with 6 day work weeks. There's not a realistic sense of the staffing/software/hardware requirements for a project.

Value and invest more into your direct employees: training, mentor programs, financial incentives for sacrificing on big programs.

Just started, so I don't have a good feel yet.

I have been working at Triumph Group

Pros

Benefits seem good. Medical, 401, profit share.

Cons

Low pay to start off with but 6 month raises.

I have been working at Triumph Group full-time

Pros

great benefits and amenities; acceptable work life balance and good coworkers for the most part.

Cons

One of the least diverse places I have ever worked. The company is stuck in "we have always done it this way", which is fine in manufacturing 20 years ago. Now, employees have to be nimble and amenable to change. Not so much here.

Embrace diversity, nto only just finding people who look different, but those who act different as well. This will allow your conglomeration of companies to accept and weather change well.

Dedicated to their shareholders, resentful of their customers, and suspicious of their employees.

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Triumph Group full-time

Pros

Triumph grows through acquisition, and is fortunate to inherit much of its talent. The facility I work at is full of experienced people with diverse talents that have enriched the growth of my own career.

Cons

At least in the case of our site, Triumph does very little to promote the growth of the business or the employees. Stated company values of integrity, innovation, quality, service, execution and commitment all pale to actual values of revenue, revenue, revenue... Salaries lag national norms. Training and career advancement opportunities are sparse. Investment in innovation, new business, and infrastructure is almost non-existent. Our customers and competition know it.

It is unfortunate, in my experience Triumph employees work to bring success to the company. The employees work to build good products, they try to grow their customer relationships, they try to expand their market, and they try to innovate. However, often one of the primary barriers to success in all these arenas is Triumph itself. I believe the revenue issues will take care of themselves if companies are given tools and opportunities to be successful. My experience says Triumph has the people and ability to operate with that mindset, but chooses not to.

I had a very positive experience while working for the Triumph Group

Current Employee - Quality in Grandview, MO
    Current Employee - Quality in Grandview, MO

I have been working at Triumph Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Too many hours per work week.

Cons

Work/life balance. In the Aerospace industry, there are many highs, lows and global competition. It forces some business units to try to do too much with too little.

Leverage the corporation's position at the business unit level.

Review of the company

Current Employee - Information Systems Administrator in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Information Systems Administrator in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Triumph Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent benefits for this area and there is room for advancement for those eager to move up. Plenty of over time is available for those who seek it. Plus there are opportunities to move around within the company if your current position is no longer desirable to you, which for me was a huge plus.

Cons

The building are old and require updates.

Great Benefit, Poor Pay for hard work

Current Employee - Assembly Mechanic I
    Current Employee - Assembly Mechanic I

I have been working at Triumph Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits, Great Co-workers, overtime in most areas

Cons

Pay, Hard to advance, Job base on how many standards you get not how much work you do,

Pay people for what they are worth and promote people who have proven themselves and base on skills not base on who you know