Triumvirate Environmental, Inc. Reviews

Updated February 28, 2015
50 reviews filtered by
2.7
John McQuillan

Pros
  • This may sound cliche, but there are truly great people at Triumvirate (in 7 reviews)

• Great co-workers very friendly and inviting group of people (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • It makes work-life balance hard (in 9 reviews)

• Under paid, long hours, Some people are very rude and inconsiderate (in 15 reviews)

1. Good Experience

I worked at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc.

Pros

Decent client portfolio that can allow to do challenging and rewarding work and either gain experience or hone your professional skill sets

Cons

the usual ones you've read on here: work / life balance and compensation

2. I have been working at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc. full-time

I have been working at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc.

Pros

On the job training and family feeling.

Cons

Long Hours - tough to balance home and work.

great communication between departments but some branches are hard to get...like HQ

Long hours, stressful position, not much gain other than knowledge/experience in the field.

I have been working at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc.

Pros

Learning a lot very quickly, getting exposure to tons of industries, meeting and networking with numerous people, lots of opportunity to get additional training if you are willing to put in the effort, good coworkers in the field

Cons

Work-life balance is terrible, managers are not great, high turnover rate, communication is poor throughout the company, not very good compensation for the hazardous nature of the job

Over time it becomes unbearable

Former Employee - Manager / Coordinator in Somerville, MA
    Former Employee - Manager / Coordinator in Somerville, MA

I worked at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good place to Start a career in environmental field. Lots of experience. Had made a lot of good genuine friendships and connections that have lasted beyond TEI (Triumvirate Environmental Inc.).

Cons

The pay is not commensurate to the amount and type of work being done. Life work balance is non existent. Being around and handling hazardous waste all the time is not fun. TEI is always trying to do more with less. Company does not pay bills on time leading to headaches for employees who have to deal with that nonsense. Toward the end of my career there noticed that issues that were identified were never adequately addressed and usually resulted in a few people scrambling to try and maintain compliance and stuck in less than desirable working conditions.

I waited some time after I quit before writing this review to allow myself to "cool off", as I did not want to be excessively harsh with my critique of the company. There are good aspects and bad aspects of the company and looking back at it, I can only best describe it as similar to an abusive relationship. Some people stay because it's comfortable and familiar and they’re scared of moving onto something new and different. That's not to say there aren't things that you gain from working there, but it definitely doesn't mean you should stay. I know some very smart people who currently work there but have the potential to do much better for themselves and their families by working elsewhere. TEI demands you place the job as your first priority, before your significant other, kids, family, friends, or anything else. If you’re right out of college this isn’t a big deal, but as time goes on, it will get tiresome and impede your life.

For anyone reading through this looking at whether or not you should apply here, most of the people who work there are fantastic. So if you need a place to start your career and don't have other options, I would say that this is a good place. However Do Not stay there for more than three years and Do Not go salary. I definitely should have left after three possibly four years and going salary was a big mistake as they tell you "we'd like to have you working less hours and focusing your time on more important things, while you delegate more of the day to day tasks." It sounds good but it's a lie. You could ask any number of people who made the mistake of doing it, and if they're honest they'll tell you the same thing.

As far as advice for the management, you should take a serious look at the direction you've got the company headed. It almost seems like you drive out most of the good quality people, whom other employees enjoy working with, and promote individuals whom I can't adequately describe as glassdoor.com wouldn't not show the post. I will just say they seem to be of low moral character and are costing you good employees and business. Also you should pay your bills on time. Not only is it a headache for your employees, but it's well known in the industry that TEI doesn't pay their bills. Most other companies don't want or will not do business with you. Other than that, I'm not going to waste anymore of my time trying to help them in the right direction because even if they do read this, it would be at most dismissively laughed off if not totally ignored.

The two reasons I even bothered writing this are to let prospective employees know what they're getting into and to have current employees question their choice to stay. There are worse jobs out there, but there are many more jobs that provide a better quality of life. I personally have found that the grass is greener on the other side. If you are a current employee and looking through reviews on glassdoor.com, you should ask yourself - are where you want to be? I know that when I was employed there I would read through the reviews and it confirmed what I already knew, that I was miserable and would be happier elsewhere.

Great at first, now, exhausting, and overwhelming.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerville, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerville, MA

I have been working at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers very friendly and inviting group of people. Decent benefits, and turnover is high.

Cons

Under paid, long hours, Some people are very rude and inconsiderate.

Hire more people, cut hours.

I did not enjoy Working for Triumvirate Environmental

Former Employee - Office in Davie, FL
    Former Employee - Office in Davie, FL

I worked at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pros of the job are good benefits although a little costly and really enjoyed the co-workers, everyone works together to complete the task/job..

Cons

Cons of the job, well if you like mental abuse this is the place for you, corporate management does not mind cussing a worker out and talking employees like they are trash, what have taken the local company years to build have only taken corporate management a few years to tear down, the way things are going they will be out of business soon, if you choose a job here good luck and get ready for mental abuse.

My advice to corporate is take a look at what's going on before Davie Florida goes broke and let someone run this facility that knows this business and will work to fix what is already damaged, also employees do not deserve mental abuse!

8. Very rewarding, I have learned a ton!

I have been working at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc. full-time

Pros

On the job training and family feeling.

Cons

Long Hours - tough to balance home and work.

Communication between departments

Just a job! Not a career.

Former Employee - Chemist/Environmental Specialist in Astoria, NY
    Former Employee - Chemist/Environmental Specialist in Astoria, NY

I worked at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good colleagues & lots of training.
    Long hours if that's what you like.
    Low pay if that's what you like.

Cons

Low pay.
    Long hours.
    Management doesn't know what they are doing.
    Cater to their favorites.
    Over looks good & hard working employees.
    Hardly any raises.

Read pros, cons & all other reviews. Listen & do something.

10. Good company to start with

Current Employee - Environmental Specialist in Somerville, MA
    Current Employee - Environmental Specialist in Somerville, MA

Pros

Good company to start with to get into the environmental field. Hours could be long but you will learn a lot though out in the field. There is a lot of physical work as well as moving drums, chemical segregation, lab packing. So if you don't mind getting dirty and working hard this would be the place to start to get real good experience.

Cons

Pay could be better for the amount that you do out in the field dealing with hazardous chemicals and wast along with having a college degree the pay is on the low side.

11. Great experience. Great people. Growing company. Lots of expanding options

Current Intern - Intern in Boston, MA
    Current Intern - Intern in Boston, MA

I have been working at Triumvirate Environmental, Inc. as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The company is growing exponentially so there are always new positions and different people joining.
    The employees for the most part are interested in what they do and are generally very knowledgeable.
    Good place to learn a lot as well as teach others. As an internship, there could not be a better place to start out, as long as you don't mind long days and learning quickly.

Cons

Long days. Not easy to get to and from the Somerville headquarters. There is company trouble maintaining employees. More internal education needs to be given on what the company actually does.

Break down the feeling of separation between corporate and field services. There is an issue in regards to the people in the field not feeling comfortable with the fact that most overhead people do not know the extent of what the company's plus side people are doing. Tough to run a business smoothly when there is internal confusion of any sort.