Trojan Battery Company

Updated June 18, 2014
Updated June 18, 2014
3.3

CEO

Lots of opportunity to contribute to the company

I worked at Trojan Battery Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Open to ideas if high enough level

Cons

Private held... At whims of owners

Good Company overall Horrible HR Team

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Trojan Battery Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, chance to grow, paid training if needed. They have a great environment and safety program and team.

Cons

Overall the company is great place to be. The downfall is their HR dept. They have a revolving door in that dept. They either run out or let go of the good professional HR members and keep the ones that should not be given the title of HR. They are always behind closed doors and do not give you the time or day to help you and they have about 6 hr members for 200 employees.. makes no sense.

Upper management really needs to look at their HR team. On the floor we feel we don't have anyone we can go to. They have let go or run off the good HR members that would listen and help us out. Just early this year they had someone great and she left. We all know they ran her off and she was really the only one that had the open door with all of us on the floor. the current HR team has one person in a relationship with another manager which makes if difficult for us to go to her when we have issues with him. And then you have them always behind closed doors and when you do go to them they seem upset. We cant call the 800 number because it just goes to HR.

LOT OF CHANGES, BUT SOLID FOUNDATION

Current Employee - Customer Service Administrative  in  Medley, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Administrative in Medley, FL

I have been working at Trojan Battery Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company is trying to listen to lower chain input and teaching them more about the business.

Cons

Lot of changes and "trying to make the company better is making it hard for some employees. Some things are getting overlooked.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Trojan Battery Company is truly a different type of company to be employed.

Former Employee - Balancer  in  Lithonia, GA
    Former Employee - Balancer in Lithonia, GA

I worked at Trojan Battery Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The orientation let one knows that this company is different, even if one does their background check on this company you will still be surprised by its operation. The company definitely stay within regulation of federal and state laws concerning a lead environment.

Cons

The work is extremely hot and difficult at times. Every employee has to wear a respirator while on the floor and it can be uncomfortable with the heat inside the plant. Be prepared to take a shower before leaving the plant because it is part of the federal regulation about working in a lead plant.

With everyone working around and acid fumes, the employees should take physical yearly and this should be free of charge. This ensure that at least every employee health is looked at.

Trojan review

I have been working at Trojan Battery Company

Pros

great pay and benifits also a chance to grow

Cons

very hazordos with lots of injurys

Bad management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Trojan Battery Company

Pros

work-life balance, competitive salaries and benefits

Cons

Too many useless meetings, management not open to any improvements or changes

A great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Trojan Battery Company

Pros

Lots of opportunities to learn

Cons

Benefits, raises and promotions seem to be on hold due to the economy.

Treat people with respect

Company needs to change culture.

Current Employee - Production Supervisor  in  Lithonia, GA
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Lithonia, GA

I have been working at Trojan Battery Company

Pros

Hardworking operators and supervisors, great place to perfect management skills due to multiple production personnel, and operational issues, Great benefits and 401 K plan, floor level operators have great knowledge of operations.

Cons

Poor management, cultural disconnection between upper management and lower management, more emphasis on passing blame than solving issues, poor employee rating system, obsolete training program, poor cleanliness, poor safety program, no formal complaint process, not open to new ideas unless you are part of the in crowd or clique, lack of value for hard work, excessive overtime with no compensation for salary workers (at times 60 plus hrs per week), threat based management environment, no career advancement, lack of value for higher education (prefers underdeveloped employees inorder to maintain control in a threat based environment).

Learn to listen more and re-evaluate your corporate structure. For example, you have several production supervisors that posses advanced knowledge of company operations and processes. In addition, to having Master's and Bachelor's degrees with 5 to 15 years of company experience. Many of these supervisors are still waiting for the opportunity to advance, having to work for new managers that have less than half of the qualifications and no company experience. If given the chance, some of these individuals may prove to be better leaders while efficiently solving many of the company's operational issues.

Worked for Trojan Battery Company? Contribute to the Community!