Tronex Company

Donald Chu

Not Everyone's cup of tea

Mount Olive, NJ

I have been working at Tronex Company full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVery intelligent senior management whom have a strong knowledge base on the various industries we deal with. Compensation is competitive. Good work/life balance. Excellent opportunities for growth if you're committed and put in the work.

ConsSenior Management sometimes gives mixed message sometimes. Undermanned in certain areas which poses excess stress on the rest of the team.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust in your people

Lousy Company with innocent employees

Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Tronex Company full-time for less than a year

ProsJeans day on Friday and gets lunch break.
Once a while everybody gets the chance to stand in the line to applause and praise the great leader. Ridiculous. Eye open experience.

ConsThey are so proud of being minority owned American company. But it's actually Chinese owned company. I have no words to this company simply run by fear in less than 6 months. Please read all the review above except the first one, they had marketing people to write the first review.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement were made by default through growth of company, lack leadership skills at all. President is indecisive and a bossy lady runs the company that leads the fail.

A ridiculous business with a ridiculous niche market.

Analyst (Former Employee)
Budd Lake, NJ

I worked at Tronex Company full-time for less than a year

ProsYou get a lunch break.

ConsIt appears Management cares more about demanding respect and making employees walk on eggshells than the actual business itself. They are trying to get off by being an Asian owned company. That is what they are so proud of for some reason. They go to ridiculous levels of controlling everything from communication to how a tie is tied. They are too concerned about what the outside thinks of their company. It is a sink or swim mentality with no training. Never seen anything like this before. There are many more Cons. If you get a call from a recruiter about this company. Proceed with extreme caution.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoesn't matter, they won't listen.

Fast paced is one thing - chaos is the reality

Mount Olive, NJ

I have been working at Tronex Company full-time for less than a year

ProsCustomer focus
Dedicated employees who truly desire to do the right thing

ConsCondescending leadership, give lip service to an open, collaborative environment when in reality new ideas are discouraged, and employees berated and beaten down.
Highly controlled and distrustful environment.
Extremely high turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementNo point in sharing anything - it won't be heard.

Eye opening experience into the human ego, self centered executives.

Business Development Coordinator (Former Employee)
Budd Lake, NJ

I worked at Tronex Company

ProsGet experience working in an Asian business culture

ConsManagement were made by default through growth of company, lack leadership skills. Very disrespectful and egotistical owners, break down employee's confidence, undermine ability, and test patience and temperament to maintain control.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive clear and decisive instructions and trust things will get done correctly, reward by not undermining ability and intelligence. Don't believe that a management titles fool subordinates into believing leaderships skills are present or effective in any way.

Fast-paced Small Business that offers personal and professional growth

Marketing Analyst (Current Employee)
Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Tronex Company

ProsThe top management are always open to listening about any concerns and no one is too busy to listen. The environment is conducive to productivity and the employees are above average in skills and competency yet are not cocky. There is no micromanaging and individuals are able to be as creative as they would like and explore new opportunities and concepts that might not have been seen by management.

ConsThe pace of work is extremely fast and some people might not be able to keep up. There is a high demand for excellence and precision which can be stressful. Do not work here if you are not interested in a long term career.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wholeheartedly support the way Tronex leadership runs "the ship" and believe they care about their employees more than the average employers would. They go out of their way to see how you're doing outside of work and actually get to know who you are. Yes, a company exists where the President treats every employee including warehouse staff equally.

Very fast-paced environment; leadership severely lacking respect and professionalism

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Tronex Company full-time for more than a year

ProsCompany is fast-paced and can teach you a few things if you're patient and look carefully for the signs. Employees are very kind and helpful.

ConsCompany is run based on what the "outside" might think, therefore management takes very unnecessary measures to ensure a strict and uncomfortable environment . Leadership is unprofessional and in many ways, limited on actual experience. Employees are basically run by fear.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining. Leadership needs to dump the theory of sink or swim and realize that this is a very ineffective, inefficient and costly way to run a business. Company needs to close its doors to old fashioned ideologies.

Fair and challenging

International Procurement Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at Tronex Company

Pros- Open environment, stress on transparency

Cons- strict and old fashion

Worked for Tronex Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tronex Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tronex Company CEO Donald Chu. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Tronex Company employees.