TruGreen Landcare Reviews

Updated May 22, 2014
Updated May 22, 2014

2.4

CEO

Very good company stronger in certain regions than others, Nationally recognized.

Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative  in  Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC

I worked at TruGreen Landcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great outside sales position, lots of freedom to succeed.

Cons

Upper Management tend to repeat mistakes every 3-5 years.

Account manager dissatisfaction

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at TruGreen Landcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Vehicle, phone , laptop and that is about it unfortunately

Cons

Insane sales targets, lack of support, poor / no equipment for completing task, don't care about employees only revenue. Poor base salary and weak commission / non existent bonus plan.

Invest in your people and equipment and you will see a return. If people don't have the tools to do a job why would they stay or work hard to achieve your vision. Concentrate on keeping customers happy before trying to sell them things they don't need.

Wonderful People~Company going downhill rapidly

I have been working at TruGreen Landcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growth potential is excellent if your goals are sales-oriented or you are beginning your career. If your goal is administrative, this is not the company for you.

Cons

The left hand doesn't know what the right is doing with this corporation. Corporate minds change daily and as an employee you won't know from day to day what your responsibilities are. A frustrating work environment on a daily basis. You learn one job and then are given a different job of which you have no knowledge.

I hate to use cliches, but this corporation is penny wise and pound foolish. They don't look at the future - even weekly - they only see the numbers of today. I doubt TruGreen will be able to continue now that ServiceMaster has cut them loose.

Pay a living wage to loyal employees and stop micromanaging to such a degree that employees are stifled. Reward employees other than those who make sales and therefore, direct income. It takes more than a sales person to increase profits.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great! I was in the saves department speaking with customer so we can continue they business and I'm now in the sales

Current Employee - SALES CLERK  in  Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - SALES CLERK in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at TruGreen Landcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful company to work for

Cons

Not really able to spend time with your family on the weekend

The place is a joke! Sales manager is train wreck

I have been working at TruGreen Landcare

Pros

You get your check every Friday. You don't have to report to work until 11 o'clock so you have time to go find jobs elsewhere

Cons

The most micro managed place you will ever work. The technicians have personalities of dead people

Spend more time trying to keep your proven sales reps. Hire people with actual had sales experience. Don't give a guy a cell phone or tape recorder that brings in 30 sales a week also train your sales managers to be knowledgeable not just dummies

Team work by all

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at TruGreen Landcare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Some great personal to work with

Cons

Some not so great personal to work with

Do what you say you will [by the book contract stuff] stop misleading pay your bill on time

Employees have no value. Worked here well over 15 years they treat employees like disposable pieces of trash

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at TruGreen Landcare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The employees are a good group of hard working men and women, for the most part. Moral is horrible. Upper management is not trusted, not well liked. They wave bonus in front of you like a dangling carrot but they never follow through with them. In over 15 years of management service I got one (yes 1) bonus. Do yourself a favor do not subject yourself, your family, your sanity to this company. You will be very sorry you did

Cons

Employs are not appreciated, as a manager I worked almost every Saturday, so six days a week. I don't know how but they get out of paying their hourly employees overtime. The atmosphere is so thick you could cut it with a knife. THey hype you all up with grand promises of upper management or raises and they seldom, if ever come through.It is horible

Get rid of middle management they have no concern for employees even long term employees who made Trugreen their career

It was an eye opening all around learning experience that thought me how to be a successful salesman.

Former Employee - Sales  in  Rock Hill, SC
    Former Employee - Sales in Rock Hill, SC

I worked at TruGreen Landcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great commissions and a great people.

Cons

Poor work techniques by yard technician causes most customers to cancel, when they cancel I still get the knock even though it was my fault the customer cancelled.

I am a hard worker and I love to do a great job at what task or challenge thats in front of me. Thank you for taking the time hear me out. Have a great day...

Account Manager

I worked at TruGreen Landcare full-time

Pros

There are several Industry specific positives

Cons

Several Industry specific negatives: This is a corporate entity, and as such Upper level management seems to regard anyone below Branch Manager as a number /or a paycheck.

Develop and open lines of communication with Account and Production managers. The company will continue to loose the best and most qualified associates unless at very least region managers get to know individual branch level management, not only Branch managers. Branch managers may be terrific, but even they can be limited in there ability to report and provide key details about their specific management team. If Landcare is going to improve its image in the marketplace they must learn to identify weak links and more importantly identify who is going to be most successful in developing the brand, its clients, accounts, and book of business.

TruGreen Experience

I have been working at TruGreen Landcare

Pros

Work with some really nice people. Job consists of both outside sales and inside telemarketing. Provided with legitimate leads. Sincere supervision and training.

Cons

There are long hours. We work outside in adverse weather conditions. There is a great deal of pressure to produce sales.

Worked for TruGreen Landcare? Contribute to the Community!