TruGreen Landcare

Updated December 15, 2014
Updated December 15, 2014
2.2

CEO

Very good company stronger in certain regions than others, Nationally recognized.

Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC

I worked at TruGreen Landcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great outside sales position, lots of freedom to succeed.

Cons

Upper Management tend to repeat mistakes every 3-5 years.

I have been working at Trugreen for almost a year (Customer Service)

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at TruGreen Landcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a job. Get approve for time off . 12.00 and hour

Cons

, THEY HIRE NEW REPS TOWARDS THE END OF THE YEAR ONLY TO FIRE THEM IN PEAK SEASON MARCH OF THE BEGINNING YEAR. THE NEW EMPLOYEES ARE GUINEA PIGS, CAUSE THE SUPERVISOR ARE FRIENDS WITH THE MAJORITY OF THE OLD EMPLOYEES AND DOESN'T WANT TO LAY THEM OFF, SO THEY USE NEW HIRES INSTEAD !!! Management sucks, even if you're sick, kid is sick, YOUR LEG BROKE, IF SOMEONE DIES IN THE FAMILY, you have doctors notes, it doesn't matter IT STILL COUNTS AGAINST YOU!! you suppose to be rewarded by the manager if get 100% or above for QA performance, she only came down once and never saw her again. The techs doesn't show for appointments and when we call them they don't answer, but we're told to lie to the customer that tech is probably doing other lawns, and that's why techs are not there, and give them til 5:30pm. We get yelled and cursed out by customers, and we can't tell them to calm down. The managers talks bad about employees amongst each other. They work us like slaves. I put in a request 5 months ago (vacation time) to have the day after Christmas and day after Thanksgiving off..was told by management it can't be approved right now due to the end of the year close out, which sucks. i already made plans and was told 5 months ago it was approved. They force you to work on Saturdays even though the branches are closed, upon hire, we was told only 1 Saturday a month, and it's every other Saturday if not 3 Saturdays in a row. Corporate treats us like crap, they look down on us and don't care about their customers at all. They worked us over time for memorial day. which was suppose to be holiday pay and time and 1/2. when we got paid the company decided to pay us out a straight 12.00 (bummer)... we was all upset. IF YOU NEED A JOB IT'S OKAY FOR 12.00.. BUT THERE'S NO ADVANCEMENT AT ALL. THEY HAVE OPENINGS BUT IF YOU TRANSFER OR GET PROMOTED TO A HIGHER POSITION, IT'LL STILL BE AT 12.00 AND HOUR.. I'M LOOKING FOR ANOTHER JOB!!! ( TRUGREEN IS ABOUT TRUGREEN AND NOT ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES)

COME DO MY JOB AND SEE HOW IT IS.

Managers lack training and people skills

I worked at TruGreen Landcare as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Quite honestly, there aren't any pros that I can think of to list. For me I'd say the only pro would be that it was close to home.

Cons

Office culture was different to say the least. From my experience, management sets unrealistic guidelines and like to feel like they are in charge at all times. There seems to be a sense of urgency especially in a male dominated industry.

As a manager, you should always be a manager. Discussing other employees with new hires isn't at all professional and it doesn't make you nor your company look good. From my view, malice and negativity run your company and until that is corrected, there will continue to be a high turnover rate.

They don't care about their people

I have been working at TruGreen Landcare full-time

Pros

Work schedule, great labor force that is hard working

Cons

TOO much to list! Benefits, STRESS!!!! Lack of customer service discipline, ZERO training

Account manager dissatisfaction

Former Employee - Account Manager in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at TruGreen Landcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Vehicle, phone , laptop and that is about it unfortunately

Cons

Insane sales targets, lack of support, poor / no equipment for completing task, don't care about employees only revenue. Poor base salary and weak commission / non existent bonus plan.

Invest in your people and equipment and you will see a return. If people don't have the tools to do a job why would they stay or work hard to achieve your vision. Concentrate on keeping customers happy before trying to sell them things they don't need.

Wonderful People~Company going downhill rapidly

I have been working at TruGreen Landcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Growth potential is excellent if your goals are sales-oriented or you are beginning your career. If your goal is administrative, this is not the company for you.

Cons

The left hand doesn't know what the right is doing with this corporation. Corporate minds change daily and as an employee you won't know from day to day what your responsibilities are. A frustrating work environment on a daily basis. You learn one job and then are given a different job of which you have no knowledge.

I hate to use cliches, but this corporation is penny wise and pound foolish. They don't look at the future - even weekly - they only see the numbers of today. I doubt TruGreen will be able to continue now that ServiceMaster has cut them loose.

Pay a living wage to loyal employees and stop micromanaging to such a degree that employees are stifled. Reward employees other than those who make sales and therefore, direct income. It takes more than a sales person to increase profits.

great! I was in the saves department speaking with customer so we can continue they business and I'm now in the sales

Current Employee - SALES CLERK in Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - SALES CLERK in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at TruGreen Landcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Wonderful company to work for

Cons

Not really able to spend time with your family on the weekend

The place is a joke! Sales manager is train wreck

I have been working at TruGreen Landcare

Pros

You get your check every Friday. You don't have to report to work until 11 o'clock so you have time to go find jobs elsewhere

Cons

The most micro managed place you will ever work. The technicians have personalities of dead people

Spend more time trying to keep your proven sales reps. Hire people with actual had sales experience. Don't give a guy a cell phone or tape recorder that brings in 30 sales a week also train your sales managers to be knowledgeable not just dummies

Team work by all

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at TruGreen Landcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Some great personal to work with

Cons

Some not so great personal to work with

Do what you say you will [by the book contract stuff] stop misleading pay your bill on time

Employees have no value. Worked here well over 15 years they treat employees like disposable pieces of trash

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at TruGreen Landcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The employees are a good group of hard working men and women, for the most part. Moral is horrible. Upper management is not trusted, not well liked. They wave bonus in front of you like a dangling carrot but they never follow through with them. In over 15 years of management service I got one (yes 1) bonus. Do yourself a favor do not subject yourself, your family, your sanity to this company. You will be very sorry you did

Cons

Employs are not appreciated, as a manager I worked almost every Saturday, so six days a week. I don't know how but they get out of paying their hourly employees overtime. The atmosphere is so thick you could cut it with a knife. THey hype you all up with grand promises of upper management or raises and they seldom, if ever come through.It is horible

Get rid of middle management they have no concern for employees even long term employees who made Trugreen their career