TruGreen Landcare Reviews

Updated April 18, 2015
18 reviews filtered by
2.1
CEO

1. Working for TruGreen has been a great experience.

I have been working at TruGreen Landcare

Pros

will gain knowledge about lawncare and all that comes with it.

Cons

Pay structure is low, need more opportunities to increase salary

Advice to Management

Fix work schedule

2. sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

I worked at TruGreen Landcare

Pros

its just a job and ot worth the paycheck

Cons

cap ur commissions, treated like ur nobody and doest care about there employees..high turn over

Advice to Management

get real with your employees and be honest

3. Account Manager Pleasanton Branch, Awful Experience

Former Employee - Account Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at TruGreen Landcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid on time, commission on sales

Cons

Micro-managed totally. Incompetent back-stabbing co-workers undermine you at every step of the way. Inept upper management who have no experience in landscaping or horticulture. I've never had such lack of support from HR and upper management. You are all alone at this company, so good luck being successful. Super high turnover rate here and everyone is miserable. The crews are for the most part lazy with no horticulture skills.You have to watch them like a hawk to get anything done. The crews will go to HR at the drop of a hat to complain about you if you try to get them to do their job and be accountable. By accountable I mean show up for work, call if your not coming in, be where you are scheduled to be, etc. HR always sides with the workers over the account manager no matter how poor their job performance is.Vehicles have GPS and you will be tracked and constantly harassed about your driving as being too fast or get comments like "we see that you braked too hard on the 580 yesterday at 4:30pm" (yeah no kidding, that's because I had to avoid an accident in heavy traffic, duh). You will be expected to work weekends to get extra work projects done because no time or personnel are available to get it done during the week. Salary is low and you will work 50-60 hours a week. Watch the movie "Office Space" to get an idea of how upper management will treat you.

Advice to Management

There is nothing for me to tell management. It would be a waste of time. They live in an alternate reality where only numbers matter, and so they would not understand or heed my advice.

I have been working at Trugreen for almost a year (Customer Service)

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at TruGreen Landcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job. Get approve for time off . 12.00 and hour

Cons

, THEY HIRE NEW REPS TOWARDS THE END OF THE YEAR ONLY TO FIRE THEM IN PEAK SEASON MARCH OF THE BEGINNING YEAR. THE NEW EMPLOYEES ARE GUINEA PIGS, CAUSE THE SUPERVISOR ARE FRIENDS WITH THE MAJORITY OF THE OLD EMPLOYEES AND DOESN'T WANT TO LAY THEM OFF, SO THEY USE NEW HIRES INSTEAD !!! Management sucks, even if you're sick, kid is sick, YOUR LEG BROKE, IF SOMEONE DIES IN THE FAMILY, you have doctors notes, it doesn't matter IT STILL COUNTS AGAINST YOU!! you suppose to be rewarded by the manager if get 100% or above for QA performance, she only came down once and never saw her again. The techs doesn't show for appointments and when we call them they don't answer, but we're told to lie to the customer that tech is probably doing other lawns, and that's why techs are not there, and give them til 5:30pm. We get yelled and cursed out by customers, and we can't tell them to calm down. The managers talks bad about employees amongst each other. They work us like slaves. I put in a request 5 months ago (vacation time) to have the day after Christmas and day after Thanksgiving off..was told by management it can't be approved right now due to the end of the year close out, which sucks. i already made plans and was told 5 months ago it was approved. They force you to work on Saturdays even though the branches are closed, upon hire, we was told only 1 Saturday a month, and it's every other Saturday if not 3 Saturdays in a row. Corporate treats us like crap, they look down on us and don't care about their customers at all. They worked us over time for memorial day. which was suppose to be holiday pay and time and 1/2. when we got paid the company decided to pay us out a straight 12.00 (bummer)... we was all upset. IF YOU NEED A JOB IT'S OKAY FOR 12.00.. BUT THERE'S NO ADVANCEMENT AT ALL. THEY HAVE OPENINGS BUT IF YOU TRANSFER OR GET PROMOTED TO A HIGHER POSITION, IT'LL STILL BE AT 12.00 AND HOUR.. I'M LOOKING FOR ANOTHER JOB!!! ( TRUGREEN IS ABOUT TRUGREEN AND NOT ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES)

Advice to Management

COME DO MY JOB AND SEE HOW IT IS.

Managers lack training and people skills

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at TruGreen Landcare as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Quite honestly, there aren't any pros that I can think of to list. For me I'd say the only pro would be that it was close to home.

Cons

Office culture was different to say the least. From my experience, management sets unrealistic guidelines and like to feel like they are in charge at all times. There seems to be a sense of urgency especially in a male dominated industry.

Advice to Management

As a manager, you should always be a manager. Discussing other employees with new hires isn't at all professional and it doesn't make you nor your company look good. From my view, malice and negativity run your company and until that is corrected, there will continue to be a high turnover rate.

They don't care about their people

I have been working at TruGreen Landcare full-time

Pros

Work schedule, great labor force that is hard working

Cons

TOO much to list! Benefits, STRESS!!!! Lack of customer service discipline, ZERO training

Account manager dissatisfaction

Former Employee - Account Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at TruGreen Landcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Vehicle, phone , laptop and that is about it unfortunately

Cons

Insane sales targets, lack of support, poor / no equipment for completing task, don't care about employees only revenue. Poor base salary and weak commission / non existent bonus plan.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people and equipment and you will see a return. If people don't have the tools to do a job why would they stay or work hard to achieve your vision. Concentrate on keeping customers happy before trying to sell them things they don't need.

9. Very good company stronger in certain regions than others, Nationally recognized.

Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC

I worked at TruGreen Landcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great outside sales position, lots of freedom to succeed.

Cons

Upper Management tend to repeat mistakes every 3-5 years.

Wonderful People~Company going downhill rapidly

I have been working at TruGreen Landcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growth potential is excellent if your goals are sales-oriented or you are beginning your career. If your goal is administrative, this is not the company for you.

Cons

The left hand doesn't know what the right is doing with this corporation. Corporate minds change daily and as an employee you won't know from day to day what your responsibilities are. A frustrating work environment on a daily basis. You learn one job and then are given a different job of which you have no knowledge.

I hate to use cliches, but this corporation is penny wise and pound foolish. They don't look at the future - even weekly - they only see the numbers of today. I doubt TruGreen will be able to continue now that ServiceMaster has cut them loose.

Advice to Management

Pay a living wage to loyal employees and stop micromanaging to such a degree that employees are stifled. Reward employees other than those who make sales and therefore, direct income. It takes more than a sales person to increase profits.

11. great! I was in the saves department speaking with customer so we can continue they business and I'm now in the sales

Current Employee - SALES CLERK in Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - SALES CLERK in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at TruGreen Landcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful company to work for

Cons

Not really able to spend time with your family on the weekend