TruGreen Landcare

Updated Apr 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Very good company stronger in certain regions than others, Nationally recognized.

Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Raleigh, NC

I worked at TruGreen Landcare full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat outside sales position, lots of freedom to succeed.

ConsUpper Management tend to repeat mistakes every 3-5 years.

Wonderful People~Company going downhill rapidly

I have been working at TruGreen Landcare full-time for more than a year

ProsGrowth potential is excellent if your goals are sales-oriented or you are beginning your career. If your goal is administrative, this is not the company for you.

ConsThe left hand doesn't know what the right is doing with this corporation. Corporate minds change daily and as an employee you won't know from day to day what your responsibilities are. A frustrating work environment on a daily basis. You learn one job and then are given a different job of which you have no knowledge.

I hate to use cliches, but this corporation is penny wise and pound foolish. They don't look at the future - even weekly - they only see the numbers of today. I doubt TruGreen will be able to continue now that ServiceMaster has cut them loose.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay a living wage to loyal employees and stop micromanaging to such a degree that employees are stifled. Reward employees other than those who make sales and therefore, direct income. It takes more than a sales person to increase profits.

great! I was in the saves department speaking with customer so we can continue they business and I'm now in the sales

Sales Clerk (Current Employee)
Lewisville, TX

I have been working at TruGreen Landcare full-time for more than a year

ProsWonderful company to work for

ConsNot really able to spend time with your family on the weekend

The place is a joke! Sales manager is train wreck

I have been working at TruGreen Landcare

ProsYou get your check every Friday. You don't have to report to work until 11 o'clock so you have time to go find jobs elsewhere

ConsThe most micro managed place you will ever work. The technicians have personalities of dead people

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time trying to keep your proven sales reps. Hire people with actual had sales experience. Don't give a guy a cell phone or tape recorder that brings in 30 sales a week also train your sales managers to be knowledgeable not just dummies

Team work by all

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Fort Worth, TX

I worked at TruGreen Landcare full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSome great personal to work with

ConsSome not so great personal to work with

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what you say you will [by the book contract stuff] stop misleading pay your bill on time

Employees have no value. Worked here well over 15 years they treat employees like disposable pieces of trash

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at TruGreen Landcare full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe employees are a good group of hard working men and women, for the most part. Moral is horrible. Upper management is not trusted, not well liked. They wave bonus in front of you like a dangling carrot but they never follow through with them. In over 15 years of management service I got one (yes 1) bonus. Do yourself a favor do not subject yourself, your family, your sanity to this company. You will be very sorry you did

ConsEmploys are not appreciated, as a manager I worked almost every Saturday, so six days a week. I don't know how but they get out of paying their hourly employees overtime. The atmosphere is so thick you could cut it with a knife. THey hype you all up with grand promises of upper management or raises and they seldom, if ever come through.It is horible

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of middle management they have no concern for employees even long term employees who made Trugreen their career

It was an eye opening all around learning experience that thought me how to be a successful salesman.

Sales (Former Employee)
Rock Hill, SC

I worked at TruGreen Landcare full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat commissions and a great people.

ConsPoor work techniques by yard technician causes most customers to cancel, when they cancel I still get the knock even though it was my fault the customer cancelled.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am a hard worker and I love to do a great job at what task or challenge thats in front of me. Thank you for taking the time hear me out. Have a great day...

Account Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at TruGreen Landcare full-time

ProsThere are several Industry specific positives

ConsSeveral Industry specific negatives: This is a corporate entity, and as such Upper level management seems to regard anyone below Branch Manager as a number /or a paycheck.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop and open lines of communication with Account and Production managers. The company will continue to loose the best and most qualified associates unless at very least region managers get to know individual branch level management, not only Branch managers. Branch managers may be terrific, but even they can be limited in there ability to report and provide key details about their specific management team. If Landcare is going to improve its image in the marketplace they must learn to identify weak links and more importantly identify who is going to be most successful in developing the brand, its clients, accounts, and book of business.

TruGreen Experience

I have been working at TruGreen Landcare

ProsWork with some really nice people. Job consists of both outside sales and inside telemarketing. Provided with legitimate leads. Sincere supervision and training.

ConsThere are long hours. We work outside in adverse weather conditions. There is a great deal of pressure to produce sales.

Great company

Branch Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at TruGreen Landcare full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTraining for branch managers and that they give you freedom to run your business

ConsThat service master sold them to a equity company

Worked for TruGreen Landcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TruGreen Landcare reviews and ratings. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by TruGreen Landcare employees.