TruGreen

TruGreen Reviews in Memphis, TN

Updated Apr 9, 2014

David Alexander

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Much better now that Trugreen is no longer under the thumb of ServiceMaster.

Memphis, TN

ProsThe people here are wonderful. Coming to work each day and knowing that there are a handful of really wonderful people who you can count on day in and day out to help get the big tough projects completed is a blessing.

ConsConstant struggle from the business to make a decision. Things are changing on the fly, regardless of how IT can accommodate, and sometimes after the fact. The constant threat and worry of losing your job due to being sold is the biggest issue right now.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate and reward your hard workers appropriately. Don't reward the members who just do the bare-minimum to collect a paycheck. Always remember the rule of "Value Add" - too many things are done on the fly that cost our company $$$ that have very little Value Add.

Auditor/Customer Service Representative

Sales Auditor (Former Employee)

ProsEstablished company.
    Learn a lot about lawncare & horticulture.
    Enjoyed the people I worked with in the office.

ConsWorked long hours on Saturday doing A/R collection & sale audit calls.
    Every Fall they do "temporary" seasonal layoffs and only call selective employees to return the following year.
    Customer retention was difficult and short lived.
    At a desk and on the phone your entire day of work.
    Yearly bonuses and advancement opportunity in either position is small.

Advice to Senior ManagementCustomer classification/organization is needed badly for salesman. They call the same people every week trying to sell them the services. It puts a bad taste in possible future customers mouth because we are constantly bugging them to setup or upgrade service.

I have been with Trugreen for 10 years

Memphis, TN

ProsA lot of tenured employees

ConsShort term thinking by management finds them being reactive instead of pro active.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great company, fantastic experience

Memphis, TN

ProsTruGreen has been an amazing company to work for. I have had so many opportunities to develop professionally. My boss is constantly challenging me with new projects in order to expand my skill set.

ConsIn the past few years, there has been a lot of change in upper management and the company has shifted in its direction a few times which can make work challenging at times

Worst Job/Work I Ever Had

Lawn Specialist (Former Employee)
    Memphis, TN

Prosit is better than no job at all

ConsLong days, asked to do wrong things to customers just to get your day done. Management treats you like you are of no value except for the money you are asked to bring in each day. The company has a christian message, but Christ is not in this company. All the equipment is in need of repair, and you are the one expected to repair it. The turn over is so high that some customers lawns are never going to get better because the newbe doesn't care. The training isn't that complete so you are learning on the go. and I could go on and on and on.

Not a long term career

Door to Door Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Memphis, TN

ProsIt's a good mix of different experiences. You're taught to be self motivated and how to overcome objections well. If you can succeed in this career than you can succeed in any sales position. Good benefits.

ConsWorking over 50 hours a week with no overtime pay. Constant fear of losing job. Poor motivation tactics by management. Sales for lawn treatments are seasonal so everyone except for upper level management is laid off in December.

Advice to Senior ManagementI suggest being more upfront with how temporary this job is. Also, requirements are constantly raised while sales opportunities decreased. Training is also way underdeveloped.

Worked for TruGreen? Contribute to the Community!

TruGreen Videos

TruGreen – Why Work for Us?

At TruGreen, you’ll see that you will find more career rewards – one lawn after another. Our employees work hard to do what’s best for their customers and along the way have found some pretty great opportunities for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TruGreen reviews and ratings in Memphis, TN — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TruGreen CEO David Alexander . All 6 reviews posted anonymously by TruGreen employees.