TruGreen

www.trugreen.com

TruGreen Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

David Alexander

Pros
  • Pay is good, opportunity to advance within company is very good(in 13 reviews)

• Independent work, flexible hours, below industry pay but pretty good benefits offered(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • It's stressful going door-to-door(in 14 reviews)

• Worked long hours on Saturday doing A/R collection & sale audit calls(in 23 reviews)

TruGreen

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood field training with follow up visits from the manager.

ConsRidiculously long hours, over 50 per week.

Sat around making cold calls for the entire day. Huge turnover rate and a lot of senior staff that only cares about numb

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsIf you can hit your goals the pay is pretty decent. The other employees are pretty cool and fun to hang around

Consyou have to start out working the bad hours and can only move to the better ones through good sales. The company has no ethics

Advice to Senior ManagementJust help the staff more

TruGreen is an incredible company to work for.

Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee) Rochester, MI

ProsI started out at an entry level position and with the training and help of the entire staff at TruGreen feel that I have grown professionally and personally. I was promoted within a year and continue to learn more the longer I worked with them. Upper management has always had an open door policy and really make you feel like you are a valuable member of team and that your ideas and input are appreciated and taken seriously whether they are implemented or not. They compensate you well and really make you feel like you are part of a growing team.

ConsUnfortunately my department was outsourced so I was out of a job. This was a corporate decision and I was sad to go.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep our employees TruGreen employees instead of using other companies for jobs like accounts receivable. This entire department was outsourced and alot of loyal, hardworking employees were without jobs without any notice. We had jobs on Tuesday and were told not to come back tomarrow without any inclination that we would be without jobs. OUCH! That really hurt us professionally, financially and very personally. We worked hard for you and were loyal to you and I feel that situation was handled very unprofessionally.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Must like change to work for this company

Commercial Account Specialist & Customer Care Coordinator (Current Employee)

ProsAt the local branch level teams can be very close knit, and you do get the chance to help people with service related issues. If you are a very high performer there are some great perks as well.

ConsAfter 3 years of working for the company I've held 5 different positions, had at least that many different supervisors and have seen the staff at the branch level cut to less than bare bones as more positions are "regionalized". As a result the customer's experience leaves a lot to be desired.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the branches handle more of their own customer experiences. Customers are extremely dissatisfied with the fact that there is very seldom anyone in the local area they can talk to about things like billing. There also needs to be less focus on getting new customers and more focus on keeping current customers satisfied.

TruGreen Chemlawn-Territory Account Management

Senior Territory Account Representative (Former Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsGood Commission %. Good to start a resume with...

ConsRough crowd to work with (at least in Columbia, MO)

Advice to Senior ManagementSponsor your employee development more

Overall a good company it seems but a little absent minded and misguided

Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThe benefits are decent for the size of the company. They offered some things like legal service for a small nominal fee which has come in handy, for closing on a home and legal advice. The atmosphere for the most part was enjoyable. Compensation for the sales was base pay plus commission. This is great during peak season times.

ConsManagement is very wishy washy. It seems everyday you never know what is going to come across your plate. Don't count a consistent schedule. Shift bids every 4 weeks and can range from starting as early as 8 in the morning and not leaving possibly till 11pm, depending on schedule. Systems needed to complete day to day operations is very out dated. If you need help from IT forget, you might as well learn yourself. Took away tuition reimbursement. Plus if you want to grow with the company, pretend you don't know what your doing. This is a seasonal job, we'll make about 60 percent of your income in the first 5 months, so better be able to budget.

Thank You Trugreen. I Can Tell Everyone "6 Tons of Lime Down a Week".

General Laborer (Current Employee) Chelmsford, MA

ProsGreat hours over the summer for grunts like myself. General laborers who put out find they could sleep anywhere, they get huge, and can eat like horses. Servicing 800+ lawns in 3 months grew people skills, showed me the North Shore, and inspired some fun relationships with the guys.

ConsThose work boots never liked my heels, I had to clean up after previous laborer's poor work a handful of times, and 50 hours a week for the whole summer saw the end of most leisure time.

Advice to Senior ManagementBest of luck to you guys. I hope you've reinstated voice-mail by now.

Local Oldsmar office totally awesome. General Manager Excellent. Corporate office doesn't know what it's doing.

Business Development Representative (Former Employee) Oldsmar, FL

ProsExcellent people to work with. Mgmt lets you do your own thing.

ConsCorporate doesn't know its butt from a hole in the ground. Repetitive reports, killers of millions of trees via the paper they waste. Too much redundancy. Quotas are ridiculously high.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your bosses fired somehow

Get what you give!

Route Sales (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

Prosyour in the driver seat and can get some great pay. Its up to you however balance your time and early on finances, in order to cover vehicle costs.

ConsIts a rough job pounding doors, you will need local area know;ledge, to understand areas of service. Personal car will take beating.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest, upfront and stick to promises.

Trugreen enployees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Syracuse, NY

ProsNice people good company

ConsJust beware of hidden sudden lay offs!

Worked for TruGreen? Contribute to the Community!